Thread: Period or Implantation Bleeding?!

Default Period or Implantation Bleeding?!

Hey! I am 22 years old & my boyfriend & I are on our 2nd month TTC. We had sex many times during my fertile days & 2 days before ovulation. Well, my period was really weird this month.. It is usually heavy & right on time but this time it was 4 days early & very light (sorry TMI) pink mucusy like then brown. It was only enough to fill a panty liner through the day. It came on & off.. I thought it stopped after 2 days so I took off the liner & then next time I went to pee it was brown on & off for a day. I have had sore nipples & minor cramps & back ache. Please help. Any info will be greatly appreciated

It might be implantion bleeding it sounds like it to me in all honesty. I had bleeding during my 5-6 week of pregnancy with my daughter and my son just an FYI if you end up being pregnant a bit of spotting is normal.

Have you tested yet? I think that might help. GL!!!!

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/m/home.php/3e10a4

Thanks for the info. I have been going crazy reading everything I can find to figure out what is going on. Hopefully there is nothing wrong just a bun in the oven lol

No I have not tested yet. I dont want to test too early & get a false negative. Im trying to wait until my next period but the wait is driving me crazy lol

You could definitely go ahead and test. If you're late then it's definitely not to early. The First Response Early Result tests (FRER) can show up positive pretty early. I got a positive on one of those 6 days before I expected my period. So you could get some of those, and test first thing in the morning since it works better with concentrated urine. You could feel pretty confident with the results of one of those tests I think. Good luck!
    MMC 4/12
    Leah (27) DH (30) Diagnosed PCOS and Stage 1 Endometriosis/Diagnosed CVID 2007

I wasn't late, I was actually 4 days early. I was due for my period on dec4 but on nov30 & 31 I saw a pink spot on the toilet paper but just thought it was my period on its way. Then on dec1 my "period" came. (TMI coming lol) it was red/brown a lot lighter than normal, a bit heavy at first but only enough to fill a liner. On the 2nd it was a bit lighter, by the 3rd when I got up in the morning it was gone then next time I went to the bathroom it was pink & sometimes brown through the day then ended with brown discharge. Sorry for the long story, I just want to get as much info possible before I get my hopes up for nothing.

Can't blame you for that sweetie. I got my hopes up so many time and tested too early. Ugh! More than likely if it was implantation bleeding and you took a test now it'd be positive. Tests are usually positive a few days after implantation bleeding. When I was pregnant I had a spot one day and I think it was 3-4 days later maybe that I took a test and it was positive. I took three in fact. Lol. I took them all in the afternoon too without concentrated urine and they were obviously positive. I think you could probably take a test any time and be comfortable with the result. I recommend FRER or Answer. I've never had any false readings on those.
    MMC 4/12

I'm going to test tomorrow. I hope I don't get dissapointed :\

Good luck! Let us know how it goes! FX!
    MMC 4/12

did you test today???

Me(26) DH: Chris (30) Cassidee (3) Jazmine born 6/28/13 Austyn 7/10/14 MC 8/1/12

I didn't get to test yet because i've been so busy, basically got out of bed & ran out the door this morning -_- Hopefully tomorrow. How soon can I test & get an accurate result?

You should be able to get a positive result any time. If what you thought was your period was actually implantation bleeding that would mean you're way past missing a period. When were you expecting your next period? I would guess somewhere around the beginning of Jan so if that didn't show either then I'd say you could test any time and be confident of the result. In early pregnancy I had cramps, my lower back hurt all the time, and my boobs were SORE! Everyone is different, but I had a ton of symptoms right away...it's why I tested. Some people have everything right away and other people don't feel much for a while. I was also looking for the symptoms so I was probably more aware of them than I would have been otherwise. Good luck! I'll be stalking to see how it goes for you!
    MMC 4/12

Well my period was supposed to start on the 4th & end today, so im a little scared to test I think its too soon. Im also trying to pay close attention to the symptoms & my boobs have been sore on & off & i've been getting cramps which is weird because I NEVER get cramps after my "period" is over.

It is definitely not too early. You are officially late. Most tests can tell you before your missed period if you're pregnant and you've definitely missed. I think the statistics show that most women get the best results like a day or two after they missed their period. So I'm sure that unless something funky happened somewhere and you ovulated at a weird time or something a test would be accurate as could be right now. Test girl! Sorry, a lot of us are test pushers here...can you tell I'm one of them? Lol.
    MMC 4/12

I tested the day I was supposed to get AF and got my bfp with really dark lines was about 14-15 dpo. You should definitely test! KUP!

Well my boyfriend is going to pick up a test after work & hopefully tomorrow morning I wont be too scared to take it. Big thanks to the "pushers" lol. I want a baby but this would be my first so that little stick is a big life changer. I was going to wait until my next period to find out for sure but I can't wait that long. I will be keeping everyone updated

Good luck sweetie! We all know the feeling. Taking a test is really hard sometimes. It's a life changer no matter what. We understand how you feel! Fingers crossed that it's positive and you're preggers! I'll be checking in on ya tomorrow.
    MMC 4/12

Well I took the test & got exactly what I expected.. Negative I took a $1 store test so im not sure if it was accurate. Im just confused because I have the symptoms, im thinking I should take a trip to the ER to see whats wrong with me.

So sorry to hear about the negative test. I hope you get some answers on why you have been feeling crummy.
    STC Since 5/2012
    1/20/13 7/7/13