Thread: Sick during O-- any shot?

Hybrid View

Default Sick during O-- any shot?

Hi ladies,

This is my first month back to TTC. We've been dtd every other day and last night I got my first positive OPK. It was still positive this morning which usually means I'll ovulate today.

But- I started getting sick yesterday. I used the opportunity to get some Mucinex to try to improve cm anyway, but it's not cutting it. Woke up every couple hours all night. I'm taking max strength robitussin CF now. And Tylenol, since I was running a low grade fever when I woke up at 6. So, my temps aren't going to be reliable, but oh well. So here's my question. Do you think we've got any shot if I'm taking cold medicine and have a borderline fever? I'll have to see if I have the energy to dtd today and tomorrow anyway, but it would suck to just lose a month. Do you think pre seed would help if it's just a matter of drying out my cm? Or will them temp increaseess things up?

Thanks for your thoughts!

I don't think your sickness will impact the likelihood of conceiving, as long as you can muster the energy to DTD. I was sick one month when we were trying and we DTD every day but O day bc I was in too much pain and BFN. The next month we timed O perfectly, DTD, and BFP. So I would say timing had mofe to do with it. Feel better!!

Even if you don't make it tonight, you still have a chance. The few days before, the day of, and the day after are most important. If you were taking mucinex that will increase your chances as well because before O the CM is what keeps it around, so with the increased CM before O that will help. I hope you feel better really quick and that this cycle is the one! FX and
    Took us 20 months to catch our little elf!! to all my TTC friends!

I agree with pp, I think hay the cold and cold medicine shouldn't impact anything (mucinex might have helped!) and just try to continue DTD every other night- so tonight again I believe if I understood right (and you are feeling up to it!)

GL!!!! And I hope you feel better soon

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/m/home.php/3e10a4