Thread: Pregnant or Stress??

Default Pregnant or Stress??

I have been ttc for years. In September I moved to a different state due to work and my BF had to stay behind. I usually have a 26 day cycle - this last cycle was 31 days. In Dec his mother passed away and we were together for a week just as I was due to ovulate. A week before AF was due to start my temp dipped just as I was going on Christmas vacation. I was sure AF was about to arrive so I quit temping. AF, or what I think was AF, did not show up until 7 days later (my AF always starts within 2-3 days of my temp dips). When it did show up it was lighter than normal. My AF is usually light the 1st day, a VERY heavy flow the 2nd day, and light the third day with occasional spotting for one to two days after that. This time AF was very light the 1st day, light the 2nd day, and almost nothing the 3rd day. A week before AF came I started having occasional bouts of nausea and more frequent urination. I am now 2 weeks past my "maybe AF" and am still experiencing the bouts of nausea and frequent urination.

On the other hand I have been under high stress for the last few months due to the move, a new job, and being away from my BF.

I really really want to be pregnant but I am afraid to POAS to find out I am once again NOT pregnant.

What do you think?? Could I be pregnant or is it just stress induced nausea??

This may be TMI...I also usually have a lot of cramping and blood clots on day 2 but I had almost none this past cycle. The nausea is triggered by smells and foods I usually enjoy eating. Just the smell and taste of breakfast sausage makes me gag now and I tried to eat my favorite candy today and that made me nauseous too!

Defiantly test to know exactly what's going on it sounds like your pregnant because of your symptoms of nausea.

I have heard of people that have gotten a light period each month which is why some people have gone a while without even knowing they are pregnant. And some people don't get the nausea either so they never see any signs. I would POAS just in case. I know it's scary, but I think it's better to give yourself some relief than to keep thinking about it. At least that's how it was for me. I hope that you see two lines! FX!!!! KUP
    Took us 20 months to catch our little elf!! to all my TTC friends!

I might wait 2-3 days and if I still keep getting nausea I will POAS. Since stress can cause the same symptoms I don't want to waste my last preg stick.

Also, I work in a dining facility but have been on vacation since before the nausea started. If after I return to work I start getting nausea while cooking or being near differant foods....well.... then it will be worth testing :-)

Congratulations Lunarmoon!!

Quote Originally Posted by ababy2love View Post
    Congratulations Lunarmoon!!
    Thanks!! Hopefully I can say the same to you!!
    Took us 20 months to catch our little elf!! to all my TTC friends!

Your symptoms sound pretty good, I think you should test too! I hope you get your baby to love very soon!

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/m/home.php/3e10a4

I went to the dollar store and bought some tests for times like this. I def say test! Good Luck!

Well I haven't tested yet but I did possibly gain 2 new preg symptoms one being, "Super Nose". I don't know if it was my imagination or what but almost every smell in the Kitchen at work was amplified! I could smell thinks cooking from the other side of our huge kitchen that normally have little smell at all or at least I never noticed them before. I could smell the french fries and the french onion soup from a good distance and they were very over powering. I walked into the cleaning room and about got sick the smells were so strong. On my way out of the building I walked over a rubber mat that that has been there forever - I could smell a strong rubber smell!! While feeding my horse I walk by a small stand of ever-green trees and WOW could I smell them today. Is it possible to have super nose and not be pregnant? I also have been experiancing mild cramping last night and off and on today and I dont usually cramp after AF is over.
    Last edited by ababy2love; 01-07-2013 at 06:20 PM.

I wish there was a sure fire way of knowing you were pregnant before POAS and blood tests. LOL

If you normally don't have a "super nose" I think its another sign you could definitely be pregnant.

I'm not sure super nose can used as a sign. I have had that really bad for about 6 months and I still keep having a period and my tests keep coming back bfn which is very disappointing. I would just go to the doctor and have them do a blood test bcuz they are way more accurate than poas.

Thank you for all your support!!

OK, my symptoms were all over the place today...they seemed to come and go all day!! I smelled bacon real strong when I first got to work but smelled nothing more until lunch time when someone across the room opened a bottle of hot sauce, it was as if I had put my nose in the bottle and inhaled. At dinner time I got mildly queasy when I opened my to-go box of dinner (leftovers from lunch at work). It passed quickly and I was able to eat most everything before I got queasy again. Can pregnancy symptoms come and go that much??

I'm going crazy with the come and go symptoms and not knowing if I'm pregnant! I honestly don't think I am but I will still be devastated if I am not.

So far I am still too afraid to test :-( I might try in the morning when I wake up... if I can get the nerve.

Did you test this morning?

I peed in a catch cup first thing this morning and then chickened out :-(

Now my symptoms will be triple confusing... They could be from stress/depression, pregnancy, or post O symptoms since I am now past my 'normal' day 12-14 ovulation date. All of my symptoms can be caused by both stress/depression and pregnancy so it makes it even more frustrating.

Today I had Super Nose for about 2 hours mid-morning and came very close the throwing up for the first time. What I'm not sure of is, can super nose (or any preg symptom for that matter) come and go off and on throughout the day? Cooking onions seem to make me nauseous any time I smell them right now. They never use to do that. Bathroom cleaner and bleach are nausea inducing too.

I really know I should test but I just don't feel I could handle any more bad news right now, especially when the man I love is too far away to comfort me or to allow us to try again. I am sooo homesick right now!!

Thanks again everyone!!

I've never heard of super nose from stress. Come to think of it, I've never heard of frequent urination as a result of stress either. Just remember when you test, a 'no' answer isn't really a 'no' as much as it's a 'not yet'... only a true AF is a 'not this month' answer.

Thank you RaeJ. I'm a little down right now. I have pretty much had no pregnancy symptoms today. Maybe I had wanted a baby so bad that I'd created all the symptoms. I was feeling so positive yesterday after almost throwing up. It seems strange getting excited about getting sick lol. Maybe...maybe...I'll try and test in the morning.

Can symptoms just disapear around 5 weeks and still be pregnant?

I finally tested today...BFN :-(
    I've been crying all day and am so depressed! I had really really hoped I was finally pregnant after 15 years of trying.

I am so sorry that you did not get a positive result we are all here for you if you want to vent.
    STC Since 5/2012
    1/20/13 7/7/13

Very sorry that it was not positive for you. Sending lot's of hugs and comfort your way.

Quote Originally Posted by ababy2love View Post
    I finally tested today...BFN :-(
    I've been crying all day and am so depressed! I had really really hoped I was finally pregnant after 15 years of trying.
    !!! I'm so sorry (((big big hugs)))!!!

I'm so sorry to hear that! Big hugs!

Thank you everyone!