Thread: Ugh! Treatments vs Work

Default Ugh! Treatments vs Work

I work 8-5 Monday-Friday and some Saturdays too. I have no idea how I am suppose to juggle work and U/S and appts that are an hour away. My work is so stingy with working with me at all. I have been having a lot of problems with them and I think they are taking it out on me by not giving me my time or working with me. I am trying to get signed up for Family Medical Leave Act but I am not sure if we qualify because our office only had 5 other office workers, over 20 employees total though but some are drivers and technicians, idk if they count or not. I've also looked into the pregnancy discrimination act too to see if there is anything there but not working. I tell them I need an hour or two in the morning and they won't let me use sick time or anything for it. I'd work late too but they get so irritated when I ask them, like I'm bothering them and they make me feel so horrible but idk what else to do or say. Anyone else have ideas or advice on how to deal with work and all these appointments?

Cait[24] & Gene-Paul[28] Dx with PCOS & Left Tube Blocked Dec. '12
    03/22/13
    Sean Patrick born 3/11/14, 7lbs 13oz

So sorry that you are having to deal with this too!

Do you think there is any way that your RE could let you have some of the u/s done at your local ob/gyn clinic? Measuring follicles is something that a regular OB Dr or ultrasound technician might be able to do. A lot of health care systems are even able to send the images electronically. It is at least worth asking your RE, and letting them know about your transportation/work issues.

GL! and BIG HUGS
    STC Since 5/2012
    1/20/13 7/7/13

Thanks cycle buddy, he did mention this and might be able to do that but even still I may be late to work by 30mins to an hour and they are wrinkling up their noses but I may just ask to start working a 8:30-5:30 schedule or something, they mentioned that too but ugh I hate asking for anything from them

03/22/13

How frustrating! (((Hugs)))!! Really praying you're able to work something out!!

Do you think if a lawyer or someone called them they would just get more mad or it would like scare them into giving you the time? If you like I could ask my dad about the FMLA or whatever. You're in NY right? He's a lawyer and somehow knows about like every aspect of law lol he might have some ideas if you wanted to go that route.

Quote Originally Posted by kmrk336 View Post
    Do you think if a lawyer or someone called them they would just get more mad or it would like scare them into giving you the time? If you like I could ask my dad about the FMLA or whatever. You're in NY right? He's a lawyer and somehow knows about like every aspect of law lol he might have some ideas if you wanted to go that route.
    Really? You'd do that?! Thank you!! Just ask if we have a leg to stand on if they end up denying me time off or if there is anything we can do to help assist us during treatments? If there is anything we can do if they say I'm taking too much time off and end up firing me or something?

03/22/13

I'll be seeing my parents tomorrow!! I'll ask them!

03/22/13

Also, thought I'd share. I called in sick for work on a thursday at 7am, I'm suppose to be in at 8am. I said I was not coming to work, I was sick and the roads are horrible. I know I shouldn't have said anything about the roads because truth be told, I was starting to get sick but not enough to call in and it was actually the fact that we got 2feet of snow overnight and my Sonata was not going to get out of my driveway and I felt the roads were too bad for me to drive into work. I had 24hr sick time that expired on Jan 1st. So I figured I'd just use 8hrs and not go to work on the crappy weather.

So I called in at 7am and when I mentioned the roads were horrible he said, well I know the roads are bad so do what you have to to get here, drive slow and hung up... okay maybe he didn't hear me say I was sick and not coming in... 45mins later I called in again and got my other boss (I have a female boss and 2 male bosses) I tell her simply I am sick and not coming in. She says well I know it's just because of the snow and I don't want you missing work so hang tight I will see if someone can pick you up and hung up on me. I was like, SERIOUSLY!!

20 minutes later I get my other male boss calling me on his cell phone saying, I don't know where you live but I am coming to get you, what's your address? I couldn't believe what I was hearing! I was like, dude I called in sick! He said yeah we know but we also know it's because of the bad weather... I was so caught off guard and didn't know what to say so I told him my address and jumped in the shower to get ready for work. 30mins later he is at my door. Then on the way into work he was fooling around in the snow and fishtailing around because there was anywhere from no snow to about 5 inches of snow on the road, one minute it's clear, the next it's 5 inches. It was horrible and we were going about 10 miles an hour. I was so shocked all day I didn't know what to do!

To get them, I called in the next day and simply said once again, I am calling in sick I won't be in today and hung up on them and that was that, or so I thought. Now on Friday I was really sick, had a fever and showing signs of the flu. So I lay down again after taking my temp at 102 and fall asleep, 45mins later they are calling me, stupid obedient me answers and its a coworker and she needs me to walk her through my work. I spent about 2hrs throughout the day explaining the next step. I was confusing her because I was having a hard time staying awake and pay attention.

I just thought the whole thing was horrible and hate my managers

03/22/13