Thread: Anyone crafty have ideas? Another birthday party Q

Default Anyone crafty have ideas? Another birthday party Q

I am looking for something to kill about a half hour of time before an animal show for DD's birthday party. Party starts at 2:30, and the show is at 3:00, so people will probably be trickling in. I was thinking it might be fun to do something photo-booth-like. Maybe some kind of jungle scene and have the kids pose for silly pictures. I'm thinking about those pictures where there is a scene on the front and you stand in back and only your face shows....has anyone ever done a homemade version of that? Do you think a group of 4-year-olds would enjoy it?

Is this at your home or off site? Your idea is cute! Or maybe just set up some tables with different animal themed games or puzzles or crafts they could do? Coloring pages or something? It can't be something too organized if people will be trickling in.

The only problem with the photo thing is that once that one kid is done they are just left hanging. If you want to keep them all busy I would say maybe a craft or game. Maybe they can make a mask of an animal and can wear it during the show? I have seen those foam things that have eye holes and you decorate the outside like a lion or monkey...I think DD had one a few years back.
    Thing 1 (7), Thing 2 (5), Thing 3 (2)

Animal masks! Perfect. Thanks, Am! Off to google....

Eta, it is off site. No way would I have 20 kids inside my house, lol.

Check Joann's too, I have seen those masks in the past there...they are made out of that really thin wood particle board or whatever.
    Lindsay, DH - Matt and 2DDs

Quote Originally Posted by Marcie View Post
    Animal masks! Perfect. Thanks, Am! Off to google....

Eta, it is off site. No way would I have 20 kids inside my house, lol.
    Awesome. And yeah I don't blame you with the off site thing! My house can barely handle the 3 that live here
    Thing 1 (7), Thing 2 (5), Thing 3 (2)