Thread: My DH has another appointment tomorrow......

Default My DH has another appointment tomorrow......

So....a recap of the last 2 years.
    June 2011 got married
    Oct 2011 decided to start TTC
    Jan 2012 believed I was pregnant....wasn't.
    June 2012 saw OB for first time. Told we had to wait til one year trying
    Oct 2012 saw OB again...my test results came back fine. DH came back no sperm
    Nov 2012 DH saw urologist...all tests came back fine except still no sperm. Our insurance company stated that the testing was covered. 2 weeks later received 700 bill because the testing was not covered. Switched insurances, would not take effect til Jan 2013.

Appt for DH is tomorrow. I hope that this test that is scheduled will tell if he is just blocked....or if we need to look for alternative methods......

Lizzy

Good luck! I remember you saying how hard that was, finding it about DH 's count and then the insurance did they end up resubmitting it? I hope something got covered. I had that happen before for othe stuff, and after many phone calls it finally got mostly covered.

Have you talked to DH more about possible donor sperm? I remember him initially being against it.

KUP on how his appt goes, we are rooting for you two!

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/m/home.php/3e10a4

I hope everything goes incredibly smoothly tomorrow. KUP!
    Sara: 31, DH: 33. After 19 months of STC, we caught an eggie! #1 is on its way!

Make a pregnancy ticker

Good luck for a great appt!!

Quote Originally Posted by Lizamay View Post
    Good luck! I remember you saying how hard that was, finding it about DH 's count and then the insurance did they end up resubmitting it? I hope something got covered. I had that happen before for othe stuff, and after many phone calls it finally got mostly covered.

Have you talked to DH more about possible donor sperm? I remember him initially being against it.

KUP on how his appt goes, we are rooting for you two!

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/m/home.php/3e10a4
    ^This!
    Took us 20 months to catch our little elf!! to all my TTC friends!

*stalking* for an update :-) ! Thinking of you!

Well...I was unable to go to the actual appointment with him....but he stated that everything went "fine"...typical male response. He had to submit a urine sample after a "release". He did that, but they failed to inform him that he had to submit that sample within an hour of "release". So....we will have to do that yet again. Once that has been resubmitted.... and we have the results....we can schedule the ultrasound to see if his tubes are clogged up. AFTER all that....we can see what our options are.

In the mean time, I am on a very low dose mild antidepressant that his helping me deal with all the stress in my life (on top of the infertility stuff). My goal is to get off of it as soon as I have a chance of getting pregnant. Seeing as that is not going to be an issue right now....it is helping me not kill my patients or my husband or my grandpa or my mom.....so... right now I am medicated to save everyone around me (LOL)

Right now....I am trying to distract myself with work, and as of tomorrow, school again. Anything I can think of to make me not think about babies. Honestly, I think I would be locked away in a jail cell or a mental institution (oh wait, I work at one practically), if I didn't start the medication.

So.....right now my biological clock is just a ticking....but much quieter at this time.

As for the insurance stuff... my DH is dealing with that. I don't know what is going on with that....I will let him deal with that....I can't handle it right now. I have more than enough on my plate as it is.

On the plus side....he (DH) has gotten me an awesome desktop computer. (Of which I am using currently) So, I will continue to wait and pray.

Lizzy

Quote Originally Posted by elizabeth8503 View Post
    Well...I was unable to go to the actual appointment with him....but he stated that everything went "fine"...typical male response. He had to submit a urine sample after a "release". He did that, but they failed to inform him that he had to submit that sample within an hour of "release". So....we will have to do that yet again. Once that has been resubmitted.... and we have the results....we can schedule the ultrasound to see if his tubes are clogged up. AFTER all that....we can see what our options are.

In the mean time, I am on a very low dose mild antidepressant that his helping me deal with all the stress in my life (on top of the infertility stuff). My goal is to get off of it as soon as I have a chance of getting pregnant. Seeing as that is not going to be an issue right now....it is helping me not kill my patients or my husband or my grandpa or my mom.....so... right now I am medicated to save everyone around me (LOL)

Right now....I am trying to distract myself with work, and as of tomorrow, school again. Anything I can think of to make me not think about babies. Honestly, I think I would be locked away in a jail cell or a mental institution (oh wait, I work at one practically), if I didn't start the medication.

So.....right now my biological clock is just a ticking....but much quieter at this time.

As for the insurance stuff... my DH is dealing with that. I don't know what is going on with that....I will let him deal with that....I can't handle it right now. I have more than enough on my plate as it is.

On the plus side....he (DH) has gotten me an awesome desktop computer. (Of which I am using currently) So, I will continue to wait and pray.

Lizzy
    I'm so so sorry that you are going through all this. I've dealt with depression throughout my life, and had some REALLY hard moments last year when it had been a year and a half of trying without success. (On top of other stuff, and SIL's both getting pregnant in a cycle- one with BC) My point is that if you EVER need someone to talk to you can talk to me on here of PM me and I'll give you my number/FB info. As always I wish you the best, and I hope to see you join a DD room very soon!
    Took us 20 months to catch our little elf!! to all my TTC friends!

Thank you soooo much Lunarmoon! I have a feeling that I will be venting here plenty.....so...continuing with my waiting......
    ~~Lizzy