Thread: Nathan's Sick

Default Nathan's Sick

Erin is working today, so Nathan went to daycare. The daycare called about an hour ago and said Nathan had a fever of 102.6 and has refused to eat or drink anything all day, so DH went and picked him up. He has a swollen eye (swollen under the eye -- almost looks like something hit him, but he woke up that way this morning, so it happened overnight). Now that he's home, he's drinking fine, ate some cheerios and an entire banana, and is walking around playing. He has a runny nose, but he doesn't seem to be coughing or wheezing at the moment. Not sure what to think.
    Lynne, Grandma to three beautiful girls and one handsome little man!

Blog Entries

That is quite a fever. Did you give him something for it? I think that I would take him in because of the swelling and fever.
    Jessica (32) and Ryan (32). Madelyn born August 5, 2009; Malachi born December 23, 2010 and Nathaniel born July 19, 2013. Lost a loved baby 02/29/12, 05/14/12 and 07/05/12 all due a serious allergic reaction to fabric softener.
    Check out our business, JRSolutions.

Yes, we gave him Tylenol first thing. If he was ACTING sick, DH says he'd call and take him in, but Nathan isn't ACTING sick. I mean, you can hear in his voice that he has a cold, but he's playing and acting normal.

I don't have any advice, but I hope he's feeling better soon!
    Jennifer

Quote Originally Posted by Adhafera View Post
    I don't have any advice, but I hope he's feeling better soon!
    Thanks, Jennifer. He actually doesn't seem to feel that bad except when his fever goes up, but then we give him Tylenol or Motrin, the fever comes back down, and he seems fine. He did wake up from his nap yesterday afternoon with goop coming out of his swollen eye, so Erin made a doctor's appointment for him this afternoon.

DD2 had a goopy eye like that and daycare insisted she had pink eye, turned out to be an ear infection. Hope you get some answers at the pedi and that Nathan feels better soon.

Todays avatar was brought to you by shirtwoot!