Thread: Double stroller recommendations?

Default Double stroller recommendations?

Anyone have a double stroller they would recommend for a 2 y.o. and a newborn? We have a Graco infant carseat so it would be nice if it was compatible with the seat. I think I would prefer the kind with one seat in front of the other, because the side by side is so wide. I'm also wondering if people like the sit and stand type?
    Katie (34) DH (33). DS1 Derek (3), DS2 Adam (1)

We had a joovy sit n stand I really liked when dd was 2 and DS was born. It really depends what you use it for. I only used a stroller places like the zoo. It was nice that dd could hop on and off easily to see animals. If you go places more often where your 2 year old will fall asleep, it won't work well.
    ~ Shannon
    Michael, Married October, 2003
    Jessica, June 2005 ~ Kyle, September 2007 ~ Michaela, March 2010 ~ Abigail, June 2012

Blog Entries

I have the baby trend sit and stand. The back seat is removable to convert it to a normal sit and stand. We are about to convert it so my three year old and get on and off as she pleases.
    Jessica (32) and Ryan (32). Madelyn born August 5, 2009; Malachi born December 23, 2010 and Nathaniel born July 19, 2013. Lost a loved baby 02/29/12, 05/14/12 and 07/05/12 all due a serious allergic reaction to fabric softener.
    My Ovulation Chart

We have the Britax B-Ready and I have been very happy. My 3 yo sits in the lower seat for now (we walk a lot in the city so I needed her to be able to ride comfortably). She climbs herself in and out with ease. But it isn't compatible with a Graco unless you buy the adapters and the stroller isn't cheap (we got it 1/2 off and it has been worth it but I don't know if I would have paid full price for it).

Anne (37) DH (37) Olivia (4) Harrison (1)

I have the baby trend sit n stand with my nearly 4 year old and love it. I was not going to buy it and then we made a trip to the zoo without it and my DS got super tired so we went out and bought it.

We have a sit and stand, which has an adaptor for infant carseats. It's a great stroller but I hate it. LOL I find it very hard to turn, and it's a lot of weight to push up, and if you're not on a smooth surface, it's VERY hard to push. It is nice for the days where your baby is in the carseat, but past that, no. Having a 20+lb baby in front and a 30+lb 2 year old in back is just a lot of weight. LOL I do like it though for having a newbie, since you can have the baby carseat attached too.
    Dada (27) Mama-Jessie (26) Orion (4) Kadence (2) Osiris (Uterus)

Oh, the reason I got rid of it was I started babywearing a lot with #3. It just was more convenient for me than taking a bigger stroller. We do have a huge double jogging stroller for trails/running that we have taken to a few places, but mostly I wear the baby and the others walk. Once they get tired we leave. Running is the only time I've needed both littles in a stroller this time.

We had a graco car seat, so we went with a Graco Ready2Grow LX double stroller. I really like it! There is a little jump seat u can remove, sit and stand spot and a regular seat. Folds up nice and easy and fits the back of my mini van.
    Carrie(34), DH(35), married for 5 years

Good info, thanks! The babywearing post also kind of leads me to my next question... what is the best carrier for babywearing as LO gets bigger? We had the Bjorn with DS and by the time he was 4 months it killed my back.

Blog Entries

Big Ergo fan here!
    Jessica (32) and Ryan (32). Madelyn born August 5, 2009; Malachi born December 23, 2010 and Nathaniel born July 19, 2013. Lost a loved baby 02/29/12, 05/14/12 and 07/05/12 all due a serious allergic reaction to fabric softener.
    My Ovulation Chart

Quote Originally Posted by JJorn View Post
    Big Ergo fan here!
    Me too! Don't even bother with the bjorn!

I have the baby trend sit n' stand also. I really am not a fan of it because it is horrible to steer, fairly heavy, and does not fold down well at all with the shades on. I'm not keeping it for use with the twins, I will be getting a side by side insead since they fold down smaller, are lighter, and steer better...

*Kimberly* Mommy to Hayden (7), Alexis (5), Makenzie & Brooke (18m)!
    Looking for some bows for your little one? check us out --> www.sweetnsassycouture.com