Thread: Mind if I join in?

Default Mind if I join in?

I began losing weight about a year ago through dieting only. I started a thread in here but never kept up with it even though I did keep up with the diet. I am officially down to my goal weight but would love to loose another 5-10 lbs. My main point in popping back in here is that I'm ready to add working out to my plan because even though I've lost weight, I hate the way my body looks. My stomach and thighs are my biggest complaint and I've realized that it isn't going to change unless I get active. I recently bought a treadmill and I have been getting up 30 minutes earlier to either run or do the Jillian Michael's 30 day shred DVD every morning. I was hoping to get some support from other mommas trying to stay fit so that I actually stick to it!
    Last edited by MissAmy; 01-01-2013 at 06:28 PM.

I'll support you! I recently started a weight loss challenge with friends. Buy in was $50 and $1 a lb. you put back on each week. Definitely motivation to stay on track! This week I've been focusing on what I eat. Still eating what I want just making way better choices! Down 3 lbs so far. Official weigh-in for the week is tomorrow morning so we'll see!

How do you like her 30 day shred DVD?

Yay, I am glad some one is joining me! I love the 30 day shred. It was challenging and I like having a couple different work outs to choose from. I think the weigh in challenge is a great idea! How did your weigh in go? I am officially down 2.5 lbs from last week!

I am also down 2.5 lbs! However, I ate a few things this weekend that I didn't last week :/ I can never turn down my MIL's pecan pie!

I bought Jillian's Kickboxing workout DVD and tried it last night. I wouldn't recommend it. I sweat a little, and I know that it's better than nothing but I was expecting more. Especially after seeing her intensity on the Biggest Loser! lol

How did the weekend go for you? Hope it went well!

I ate a slice of key lime pie this weekend and also didn't get a chance to work out outside of running after the kids at the park. I did work out last night though and outside of my desert the other night I've been eating well. I have to work two twelves this weekend so I am going to try to get a lot of work outs in this week because I will be too tired this weekend. I am disappointed to hear that her Kickboxing DVD sucked. I need to shop around for some other good work out DVDs to mix it up a little bit. How did your weekend go and what's your plan for this week?

If you're looking for some kick-a$$ workouts, look at the 'inside out method' series of DVDs from Bob Harper. They are longer than Jillian's and TOUGH. Even his minions are in deep, deep, trouble. Here are some reviews (funny, but spot-on): http://welshrunner.blogspot.com/2010...pure-burn.html

Quote Originally Posted by MissAmy View Post
    I ate a slice of key lime pie this weekend and also didn't get a chance to work out outside of running after the kids at the park. I did work out last night though and outside of my desert the other night I've been eating well. I have to work two twelves this weekend so I am going to try to get a lot of work outs in this week because I will be too tired this weekend. I am disappointed to hear that her Kickboxing DVD sucked. I need to shop around for some other good work out DVDs to mix it up a little bit. How did your weekend go and what's your plan for this week?
    This week I've had to resist sweets. My MIL sent dessert for DH and it's been hard to do! Stocked the fridge with produce today so that helped. Trying to push more water this week too. DS is at the tail end of a cold. Hoping I will work out tomorrow even if it is just popping a DVD in.

Sorry you have to work this weekend. Hope it goes by fast for you!

Think DH is starting to get interested in losing weight too. We'll see...

Quote Originally Posted by Suja View Post
    If you're looking for some kick-a$$ workouts, look at the 'inside out method' series of DVDs from Bob Harper. They are longer than Jillian's and TOUGH. Even his minions are in deep, deep, trouble. Here are some reviews (funny, but spot-on): http://welshrunner.blogspot.com/2010...pure-burn.html
    This does look great, Suja! The review made me laugh. Kind of reminds me of Insanity. Most intense workout I've done so far. I'll keep your info handy though. Might be nice to be beaten down by a new workout trainer. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Suja View Post
    Thanks for the info, I think I'm going to give it a try! That review was hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by angmichelle View Post
    This week I've had to resist sweets. My MIL sent dessert for DH and it's been hard to do! Stocked the fridge with produce today so that helped. Trying to push more water this week too. DS is at the tail end of a cold. Hoping I will work out tomorrow even if it is just popping a DVD in.

Sorry you have to work this weekend. Hope it goes by fast for you!

Think DH is starting to get interested in losing weight too. We'll see...
    I hate it when people send desert. I have such a sweet tooth, it's sooo hard to say no! I hope your DS is all better soon. My DH also became interested in losing weight which has been great because we will take turns watching the kids so that we can each work out on some evenings. It has also helped me watch what I eat a little better. He is better about counting calories than I am and it has made grocery shopping easier because we are on the same page.

Ughhh! I split a dessert last night with one of my girlfriends and then we had a glass of wine when we got back to my house! (She's taking a class this week in the city and lives an hour away so she came to stay the night.)

We didn't gorge, but I definitely didn't need those extra calories! Weigh in is tomorrow...I'm nervous!

At least you split the desert! And I can always find a reason why a glass of wine is ok! I don't think that one treat with a friend will hurt too much I skipped my work out last night and went to bed at like 9:00. I just got exhausted from school and staying up late to get homework done after the kids go to bed. I think I need to start scheduling one day a week where I skip my work out and go to bed early since I don't get any stay at home days between school and work. This morning I feel totally refreshed and ready to hit the ground running. I will definitely do a work out today I hope your weight in is a good one!

Glad to hear you got some rest! I think it's a good idea to go to bed early one night. That's staying healthy too and giving your body time to reboot!

Well I weighed in the same. A little bummed but happy it wasn't a gain. Think I'm going to get a gym membership. I enjoy the leisure of working out at home but lately I don't feel motivated since I stay at home with DS all day. Well, not all day but you know what I mean. Think I just need some time to myself to focus and get a good workout in. The only place I have room to workout now is in the living room so usually DS wants to work out too, which is cute but not always works the best for me. How do you manage to work out?

I signed up for a 5K next weekend to help me regain motovation! I was doing great about running and even managed to run my first half marathon in Nov (not sure how I did that), but I've since slacked. Here's to hoping ill get back on track with routine exercising!