Thread: Does PPD linger or is this something else? Help! Input needed.

Unhappy Does PPD linger or is this something else? Help! Input needed.

I am seeing a therapist I finally she her again after 3 weeks because of all the holidays. I am on Wellburtin and have weaned totally off of Pristiq. Anyways my therapist and I have talked about Sophia's birth though it was vaginal it was still emotionally traumatic to me though I feel like such a baby. I wrote a hypothetical letter to my ob/gyn (obviously did not send it out) with my feelings I ripped it up to let go of the nasty grudge. I still have these moments in the dark corner of my mind of the "what ifs". I do not see that ob/gyn anymore I get my exams from my family doctor. There are triggers to my emotions. Music from Cody's Thomas the train book is one of them because Cody listened to book a lot and sang along to it when I was pregnant with Sophia and when I was nursing her and he'd play in his room. I want to cry when I hear that music. Its awful. Its happy music for children but, I cry typing this out. I will tell my therapist this too. I thought I was over it. I thought I've moved on. I had to bit my lip to hold back the tears last night and pretended to happy. I don't understand. I feel the same way when I hear another trigger when I've opened Sophia's jewelry box with music. The holidays are always hard for me too. I am glad they are over truth be told if it were for the kids I wouldn't celebrate it adds to the bad memories of stress and depression that stem back from when I was a small child. Its a nasty doom feeling and to make matters worst a death happened as I posted the other day of a young man 24 that died during the holidays class of 2007 in my old hs. All I want to do is to be alone. I can't be alone obviously. I do my best around the house. I am also in pain head to toe. I finally can see my chiropractor again after 2-3 months of not seeing her due to insurance reasons it was maxed out. I don't know if its simple depression, lingering P.D.D. with bad memories of the birth, or PTSD. If nobody has advice I ask for prayers for God to give me strength to get through this rough patch.

it could be PPD or it may just be depression and anxiety, in general. Or both. none of us could say that, though. If you don't feel that you're getting results from your doctor, then you might try another. But definitely tell her what's going on; it may just require an adjustment in your meds to get where you're feeling better. I hope that you get there.

My DD is 3.5 and I still have triggers that take me back. For instance, the smell of the lotion I used in the hospital after having DD. I think that its totally lingering ppd.

Quote Originally Posted by Nurse2008 View Post
    My DD is 3.5 and I still have triggers that take me back. For instance, the smell of the lotion I used in the hospital after having DD. I think that its totally lingering ppd.
    Thanks for the input it makes me feel a lot better.
    I feel a bit better today but, my appt was canceled with the therapist due to her car not starting.

Oh mama (((hugs hugs hugs)))! I have no advice but wanted to give a few supportive hugs...I'm so sorry you're struggling with this! Really praying for you...I hope you're able to get what you need to help you through this depression.

and for what its worth, I'm still on my antidepressant. Probably going to take years for me to be able to stop it. Sorry to hear your therapist canceled......always the best timing.

Thanks all!!!

Just fyi, it is definitely possible to get PTSD from a bad birth experience. Glad you are feeling better today, and I hope the therapist is helpful.

Ali, DH, Søren (4/2011) and a little one due in September.

Quote Originally Posted by Ourou View Post
    Just fyi, it is definitely possible to get PTSD from a bad birth experience. Glad you are feeling better today, and I hope the therapist is helpful.
    I will ask my therapist about that. I have to reschedule because her car wouldn't start. :-/ Thanks though!