Thread: Wipes solution

Question Wipes solution

I am wondering what you ladies use for solution with your cloth diaper wipes. I bought a bottle of Thirsties brand wipe spray, and a bottle of California Baby wipes spray. Both of these bottles were around the $10 mark, which got me wondering how pricey it would be to make my own. Or should I just use clear water? I like the calming ingredients in both sprays (Olivia frequently had diaper rashes) but have heard that clear water works just as well. I will be a newbie at cloth diapering so I wanted to pop in and ask. TIA!!
    Last edited by mamamanda; 12-31-2012 at 08:56 PM.
    Amanda - 29*Ken - 38*Olivia - 06/07/08*Levi 01/04/13

at the moment, I just use warm water. I have used soap bits from ruby moon, and these: http://sewcraftybaby.com/store/WsDefault.asp?One=1725

For pee i use warm water. I have a stash of small microfiber towels that are my wipes. For poop, i put water and soap on one towel and warm water on the other. I wipe the poopy butt with the soapy towel and follow up with clean water towel. That is what I do before he goes to bed if we did not give him a bath that day. Once i started using this system, he stopped having diaper rashes. We use sposies for long outside trips (seventh generation from amazon) with disposable wipes.
    KEVIN (6) & MATTHEW (4)

Blog Entries

I bought foaming bottles and put 5-7 pumps of their baby soap in there and fill it up with water. I used to but a little bit of oil in there too but stopped and have not really noticed a difference.
    Jessica (32) and Ryan (32). Madelyn born August 5, 2009; Malachi born December 23, 2010 and Nathaniel born July 19, 2013. Lost a loved baby 02/29/12, 05/14/12 and 07/05/12 all due a serious allergic reaction to fabric softener.
    Check out our business, JRSolutions.

I use a solution of witch hazel, water, couple squirts of soap, tbs of oil, few drops lavender oil.

6. Default

We always just used water. Worked really well!
    Sarah (31) & DH Matt (35)