Thread: Introducing Melody Noelle!

Default Introducing Melody Noelle!

I realize most of you probably have no idea who I am. I kind of stuck to the December room because I didn't know anyone here.

My due date was on December 3 and I really wanted to have a water birth at home. I had a midwife & a doula, and my pregnancy was progressing perfectly. Unfortunately, I went way past my due date & started having to get checked to make sure everything was okay. I was spending hours in waiting rooms the week before Christmas & I kept hearing the song, "All I want for Christmas is you" on the radio, and I just wanted to hold my baby so badly!! My fluid levels were on the low side, so I got a balloon placed to help induce me. I still didn't go into labor on my own, so I went to the hospital the next evening (December 20th) to be induced.

Pitocin sucked. I hated being hooked up to machines. At least I was able to have all the lights off in my room. It was a very quiet labor, and I was listening to birthing affirmations and meditations to help pass the time. I wound up getting an epidural when I was about 5 or 6 cm dilated & then they ruptured my membranes. I started pushing at either 5:30 or 6 in the morning, got to crowning at 7:50 & when they went to get the doctor, he was on his way in for an emergency c-section. So I had to wait 40 minutes to start pushing again!!! My doula told me to just push anyway if I felt like it, but it didn't make those 40 minutes any less agonizing!

When he finally came back in, I pushed and pushed that little stinker out & was so relieved when she was finally born at 9:02AM on Friday, December 21, the end of the world & beginning of a new world for me. She weighed 7lbs, 3oz and was 20.5" long.

I love being a mommy! She is the most perfect little baby & I wish I could stop time and keep her this tiny and perfect forever! I had sore nips until my milk came in, but she is nursing like a champ and sleeping well, so I have been getting plenty of rest. When she doesn't sleep well, my husband takes her away so I can get a break. I couldn't be happier.

Here are some pictures:
    Those last weeks were agony. I felt great physically but I wanted my baby!! My husband the day before I went to the hospital:

Two days old - at her child dedication ceremony at my church:

With a unicorn I made for her while I was anxiously waiting for her to be born:

Best Christmas ever:
    Ariel - 32, Nick - 34

She is precious! Such a beautiful name too. I think its so ridiculous to be made to wait to push. My daughter's head was almost out and I was told to stop. I told them the doctor needed to hurry the #### up because I couldn't wait.

It was my first time giving birth, so I didn't know what would happen if I kept pushing or stopped. I thought it wouldn't matter if the doctor wasn't there, so I wasn't really pushing that much. Seriously bad timing though!!!
    Ariel - 32, Nick - 34

Glad that you and the baby are well! Lovely way to celebrate the holidays! Congratulations!

Quote Originally Posted by RockStarAriel View Post
    It was my first time giving birth, so I didn't know what would happen if I kept pushing or stopped. I thought it wouldn't matter if the doctor wasn't there, so I wasn't really pushing that much. Seriously bad timing though!!!
    It depends on the hospital. My aunt who is a ob/gyn nurse in Indy said if a mother who was crowning and needed to push should be allowed to push and she has had to delivery babies many times before the doctor came into the room. Around here the nurses panic as if a baby has never been birthed before.

She is beautiful! Congrats, Momma!

She is beautiful! TY for sharing!

Quote Originally Posted by hotpinkmomma0811 View Post
    It depends on the hospital. My aunt who is a ob/gyn nurse in Indy said if a mother who was crowning and needed to push should be allowed to push and she has had to delivery babies many times before the doctor came into the room. Around here the nurses panic as if a baby has never been birthed before.
    The nurse left the room when my doula told me to keep pushing. She did not feel comfortable delivering my baby because I was so far overdue and a first time mom.
    Ariel - 32, Nick - 34

Can doulas help to deliver babies or just be there as a support? Anyways congrats again!

Congratulations! She's beautiful!
    Jennifer

Awww! She's beautiful!! Congratulations momma!!!

(((Hugs))) I'm so sorry things didn't go as planned. I went 4wks over with my first...I understand the agonizing wait. So happy you had her in your arms for Christmas :-) !!!

Congrats!!! She is darling

~*~Katrina~*~ Momma to Xander, Hayden & Lily (5 1/2) and Jericho (3)
    My Blog!

So beautiful! Congratulations!

Todays avatar was brought to you by shirtwoot!

She's beautiful! Congrats!
    Laura (32) DH (36) x 4

Quote Originally Posted by hotpinkmomma0811 View Post
    Can doulas help to deliver babies or just be there as a support? Anyways congrats again!
    We don't deliver babies, but babies don't need to be delivered, just caught. They come out all on their own most of the time. I had a midwife yell at me to stop pushing with my 5th because she wasn't ready I told her that was just too bad and pushed him out anyway onto the bed. Dh helped catch him. She was very unhappy about it, but she didn't say anything. The nurse kind of snickered though.
    Mary Jane, doula and mom of Vada, Brynna, Tea, Moira, Kyan, Ambria, Aslan, and Anakin.
    “Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.” ~ Dr. Seuss

congrats momma!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congrats mama she is beautiful!!

Congrats! She is precious!
    KEVIN (6) & MATTHEW (4)

Congrats! She's beautiful!

Mommy to Piper 6/5/09 and an 11/2011
    Make a pregnancy ticker

She is beautiful! Congrats. Welcome to motherhood

Congratulations! She is absolutely beautiful and what a wonderful Christmas present!
    Lynne, Grandma to three beautiful girls and one handsome little man!

3andMe is offline Every day is a gift. It's just... does it have to be a pair of socks? Hopelessly Devoted

What a nice Christmas present, and a sweet birth story. Congratulations to you!