I realize most of you probably have no idea who I am. I kind of stuck to the December room because I didn't know anyone here.

My due date was on December 3 and I really wanted to have a water birth at home. I had a midwife & a doula, and my pregnancy was progressing perfectly. Unfortunately, I went way past my due date & started having to get checked to make sure everything was okay. I was spending hours in waiting rooms the week before Christmas & I kept hearing the song, "All I want for Christmas is you" on the radio, and I just wanted to hold my baby so badly!! My fluid levels were on the low side, so I got a balloon placed to help induce me. I still didn't go into labor on my own, so I went to the hospital the next evening (December 20th) to be induced.

Pitocin sucked. I hated being hooked up to machines. At least I was able to have all the lights off in my room. It was a very quiet labor, and I was listening to birthing affirmations and meditations to help pass the time. I wound up getting an epidural when I was about 5 or 6 cm dilated & then they ruptured my membranes. I started pushing at either 5:30 or 6 in the morning, got to crowning at 7:50 & when they went to get the doctor, he was on his way in for an emergency c-section. So I had to wait 40 minutes to start pushing again!!! My doula told me to just push anyway if I felt like it, but it didn't make those 40 minutes any less agonizing!

When he finally came back in, I pushed and pushed that little stinker out & was so relieved when she was finally born at 9:02AM on Friday, December 21, the end of the world & beginning of a new world for me. She weighed 7lbs, 3oz and was 20.5" long.

I love being a mommy! She is the most perfect little baby & I wish I could stop time and keep her this tiny and perfect forever! I had sore nips until my milk came in, but she is nursing like a champ and sleeping well, so I have been getting plenty of rest. When she doesn't sleep well, my husband takes her away so I can get a break. I couldn't be happier.

Here are some pictures:
Those last weeks were agony. I felt great physically but I wanted my baby!! My husband the day before I went to the hospital:

Two days old - at her child dedication ceremony at my church:

With a unicorn I made for her while I was anxiously waiting for her to be born:

Best Christmas ever: