Thread: First time Mom, questions. Please help!

KelseyH Guest

Default First time Mom, questions. Please help!

Well to start, I tested positive on Christmas Eve. I've been taking pregnancy tests since my last period, Sept 10th, and nothing showed till now. My HcG level on the 26th of this month was 85,884. Which I think I'm like 8-10 weeks pregnant. I don't understand the HcG charts at all..

I was just wondering if it was normal to have an increase in appetite then a major decrease? The entire month of November I couldn't barely eat or sleep, ate maybe 2-3 times a week if it was possible. I haven't had any morning sickness at all either. For about a week now I was eating like crazy and now nothing again. So I'm just a little concerned.

sounds like you need to voice these concerns to your doctor...

It's odd and seems strange.

As for the HCG levels, they can vary so much. I would not put much stock in them and if you are this uncertain about your dates you need to have an ultrasound now to determine how far along you actually are.

Jenny~ Mama to Katelyn(7), Ben(my angel in Heaven, 6), Megan(5), Allie(2years), Nora(8m)

I am not really in the know with all the HcG stuff so I won't answer that. But I will say this pregnany my appetite has fluctuated and I have not had much of an appetite at all lately ( I am around 9- 10 weeks).

KelseyH Guest

Thank you both for your replies.

I don't get to see my doctor till the 4th so I was just wanting some input before I saw her just to ease my mind a bit.

just have them confirm your dates with an ultrasound, good luck!

Jenny~ Mama to Katelyn(7), Ben(my angel in Heaven, 6), Megan(5), Allie(2years), Nora(8m)

Charts can't help you with dates, there is a huge range for each week. If you don't know your dates an ultrasound can determine very accurately.

Appetite can come and go with pregnancy. I don't think that is anything to worry about.

With both of my kids there were weeks I could eat anything and sometimes everything that was food disgusted me. For the first 5-14 weeks being pregnant with Sophia I only wanted crackers, Sprite, chicken noddle soup, and veggie delight sandwiches from subway. The decreased appetite could be from nausea or nervousness.

Just to give you an idea of the fluctuation in HCG. Mine was 43,000 at 6 weeks while another lady was 43,000 at 8 weeks. It depends on your body and the pregnancy.....you really need a pelvic exam and dating ultrasound. Congratulations!! As far as appetite goes mine has really been come and go this entire pregnancy. What I'm in the mood for changes, what I can stomach and can't...it changes from day to day. I never had any morning sickness with my first baby and it's been sporadic with this one.

Mommy to Piper 6/5/09 and an 11/2011
    Make a pregnancy ticker

You'll need a better exam (possibly ultrasound) to determine how far along you may be.

As for food, yes it can fluctuate. That is how it's always been with me. One week I'm eating everything, the next week I can barely eat soup.
    Momma to 2 and expecting