Thread: Moms of little boys-humor me

Default Moms of little boys-humor me

When your little boys stand up to pee how much bubbling is there on the top of the water in the toliet bowl? Humor me and watch once if you could. My son's looks like he has a lot of bubbles... but similar to my husbands when he stands up. I want to take him to pedi to check for urine protein, my husband thinks I'm overreacting.
    Me 38, DH 38, DS 5/28/08, DS 7/6/10

I'd say a medium amount, there isn't a ton, there isn't like none. If you think there may be something wrong there's no harm in checking it out. Last year, my oldest pulled down his pants and peed on the floor at preschool and they wanted me to get him checked for UTI. Was sure he didn't have one but took him anyway, he didn't but better safe than sorry.
    Megan (29) and Jayson (31) Happily married 9 years

I love this site that other Moms are willing to check their son's pee to humor fellow Moms. Thanks!
    I do want to have his urine checked, I'm just trying to put this into perspective of other kids urine bubbling, since my husband is underwhelmed and used to me overreacting.

Not much bubbles here LOL
    KEVIN (6) & MATTHEW (4)

his bubbles depend on how much pee he has.. last time there was just a few but before bed there was a bunch.

Quote Originally Posted by froggie83 View Post
    his bubbles depend on how much pee he has.. last time there was just a few but before bed there was a bunch.
    Yep here too.

I think there may also be a difference between sitting and standing and circ'd and intact? My intact boy (who is only 2 and has a long foreskin) seems to dribble urine and less bubbles. My cir'd boy has a more foreful stream and more bubbles.

Also, by "a bunch" of bubbles, do you mean covering a large part of the toliet water or a small percent?

My boy is still in nappies.

I was thinking though that it might depend on other things too, like how fast he is peeing and the angle it hits the water?

Ali, DH, Søren (4/2011) and a little one due in September.

Wait- bubbles in the toilet from peeing??! The things you just never know about as mom to a girl......

Maybe have him sit down or even pee in a cup so you can see if it is just the force of the pee hitting the water or actually the pee that is bubbly/foamy? What color is it? Is it pale yellow/clear? When I had preeclampsia my pee was cloudy and about the color of pepsi. Also is he ill? I think if he was spillng enough protien to make his pee foamy he would be sick and having other symptoms.

I don't know I haven't looked at his pee really we just flush and go.

Not many bubbles over here
    Angela, Andrew & Nicholas

Three sweet angels in heaven

Quote Originally Posted by hotpinkmomma0811 View Post
    I don't know I haven't looked at his pee really we just flush and go.
    I know that this is the response of a person more rational/sane than I am.
    I'm not claiming rationality here. That's why I asked to humor me and watch once!

I did maintain a little sanity by not asking to post pictures!!!
    Last edited by suze001; 01-04-2013 at 02:01 PM.

DS does not pee standing up. I just held him over a big potty and watched. There were big bubbles.

I had no idea that bubbles were an indicator of anything bad.

Quote Originally Posted by suze001 View Post
    I know that this is the response of a person more rational/sane than I am.
    I'm not claiming rationality here. That's why I asked to humor me and watch once!

I did maintain a little sanity by not asking to post pictures!!!
    I am so if I offended you by my response. I honestly wasn't laughing at you. I missed the part of to watch. Honestly sorry! I will look next time he goes to see and have a quick glance.

Plenty of bubbles here. But really it depends on how much he has to pee. The longer he holds it, the more forceful the stream. I've seen him have enough bubbles to almost look like there *had* to have been soap in there. But other times there are no bubbles or few that I can recall.

[/CENTER]

Now that I looked I saw a few bubbles. What does bubbles have to do with protein the urine? I am lost here.

Now that I looked I saw a few bubbles. What does bubbles have to do with protein the urine? I am lost here.
    Bubbles in urine can be an indicator of higher than normal levels of protein in the urine.

but wouldn't you have to catch the urine stream and examine that for bubbles versus whether it bubbles when it hits the toilet water, which could simply be angle or speed/pressure?

Noticeable amount of bubbles here but like others the more he has to go, the more bubbles there are so it'd make sense that it was from the force of the stream.

I am so if I offended you by my response. I honestly wasn't laughing at you. I missed the part of to watch. Honestly sorry! I will look next time he goes to see and have a quick glance.
    Oh no, in no way offended, believe me, I realize that I become irrationale when it comes to little health issues with my kids. My oldest actually had a dilated kidney on prenatal ultrasound which has corrected itself. So over the holidays when my SIL said she thought his eyes looked swollen (which can be a sign of protein loss from the kidneys), I immediately started paying attention to his urine and freaked myself out.
    I fully realize that I am irrationale but thank you ladies who are willing to tell me about your sons' pee!!

Quote Originally Posted by ibisgirldc View Post
    but wouldn't you have to catch the urine stream and examine that for bubbles versus whether it bubbles when it hits the toilet water, which could simply be angle or speed/pressure?
    Good idea. I tried having him go on his old potty chair but he wants nothing to do with it.

I peeked at his pee this morning...LOL. The things we do as parents...age 4 3/4, first pee of the dat, intact= bubbles covering about half of the bowl. Some big, same small.

Jeanne, mom to Dev0n (6) Isabe11e (5) and C0rbin (3.5) Vio1et (almost 2)

Quote Originally Posted by tyvek View Post
    I peeked at his pee this morning...LOL. The things we do as parents...age 4 3/4, first pee of the dat, intact= bubbles covering about half of the bowl. Some big, same small.
    Thank you so much. I love you ladies even though I don't post much anymore. I think I'm calming myself down about this.