Thread: How are you ladies doing?

Blog Entries

Default How are you ladies doing?

It has been very quiet in here lately. How is everyone? I hope that life has been fairly normal for you all.

My DH has received a job offer in Pennsylvania near Philadelphia so we will be moving this summer. Since we live in Chicago this will be a big change! We are also expecting a baby in July and do think that all my miscarriages were caused by someone else's laundry products who lived in our condo building (we shared washers and dryers). Every single of my allergy symptoms immediately disappeared after I washed all my clothes once we had moved out. At the time I was still having asthma attacks up to four times a day even though I was on a high does of oral steroids and three preventive medications. The next step would have been hospitalization for asthma which I have never needed before in my life.

We are looking forward to a new season in our lives. My DH has been working a long time toward a permanent faculty position.
    Jessica (33) and Ryan (33). Madelyn born August 5, 2009; Malachi born December 23, 2010 and Nathaniel born July 19, 2013. Lost a loved baby 02/29/12, 05/14/12 and 07/05/12 all due a serious allergic reaction to fabric softener.
    My Ovulation Chart , My blog about MCAD

Great news. I think I was in your DD room for July 2011. Congrats on the new baby and the new position. I love PA so I hope you enjoy it. Winters are not any better there than Chicago though.... If I remember correctly, they might actually have gotten more snow over the last few years. May not be as cold, but your winter gear from Chicago will be in good use!

Congrats!
    Phoebe Grace 6-22-11; 37.5" and 26.2# at 2 years old! She is my wild child!
    Me & Geoff, 40; DD Phoebe, our June Bug

Congratulations on your pregnancy! And on your DH's new position! I hope the move will be a wonderful change for your family. I'm glad you have been feeling better lately.

Things with us are good. The girls are growing up quickly and I love being a part of their lives. My DH and I realized a little while ago that this year will be the first Christmas since we've been together that we celebrated Christmas twice in the same house. lol Its nice feeling like we are settling down.

Christmas was... mixed... this year. We spent it at my DH's mom's house. It was nice to be with her, and it was great that the kids were able to be with their Grandma for Christmas. But she is letting her friend's daughter stay with her, and she doesn't take care of her dog. The dog has fleas and infested the house. We were supposed to stay in her room, which we did for one night, and woke up covered in bites. We stayed one more night, downstairs on the couches, and that same night MIL told her she needed to find another place to live. (This is just one of MANY issues). SFIL was there. He hasn't had a drink in months, which is fantastic. But he still acts like a jerk a lot of the time. Its not fun being around him. Also, my dad called and let me know my grandmother passed away on Christmas morning. She loved Jesus, so there is peace in that. She and my grandpa were together since 5th grade, though, so I know he must be feeling lost without her. I'm praying for him, and also that God will somehow use this for healing in my family and salvation for my dad and sisters.

But, still, Christmas is such a beautiful time of year. It is saturated with the love and joy of God's goodness to us. Regardless of the circumstances, I can still say it was a wonderful Christmas, and we are so blessed.

Blog Entries

Sorry ladies, I was out for the count with the flu all last week and didn't get a chance to pop back in here.

Thanks for the congrats on all counts! I am looking forward to the move.

I am sorry to hear about your Grandmother, Polly. It is so hard to say good bye but such a comfort that she knew the Lord. I read about the fleas and what a disaster! Ugh.

Families can really be a mixed blessing around the holidays. My immediate family members are the only ones that really acknowledge Christ at Christmas and the kids get so many gifts. It makes it hard.
    Jessica (33) and Ryan (33). Madelyn born August 5, 2009; Malachi born December 23, 2010 and Nathaniel born July 19, 2013. Lost a loved baby 02/29/12, 05/14/12 and 07/05/12 all due a serious allergic reaction to fabric softener.

Sakura Guest

Quote Originally Posted by JJorn View Post
    It has been very quiet in here lately. How is everyone? I hope that life has been fairly normal for you all.

My DH has received a job offer in Pennsylvania near Philadelphia so we will be moving this summer. Since we live in Chicago this will be a big change! We are also expecting a baby in July and do think that all my miscarriages were caused by someone else's laundry products who lived in our condo building (we shared washers and dryers). Every single of my allergy symptoms immediately disappeared after I washed all my clothes once we had moved out. At the time I was still having asthma attacks up to four times a day even though I was on a high does of oral steroids and three preventive medications. The next step would have been hospitalization for asthma which I have never needed before in my life.

We are looking forward to a new season in our lives. My DH has been working a long time toward a permanent faculty position.
    I LOVE Philly. I grew up about 45 minutes from that city and I spent a semester at Temple (special program through my small Christian liberal arts college near Harrisburg).

I'm glad you and your family are on the mend!

Congratulations! So happy for your pregnancy. Sorry I'm late. I only check APA once a month now and sometimes don't even post. It's been crazy busy here. PA is great. You'll adjust just fine. Too bad it wasn't NC ;)

Brenda

Blog Entries

Thanks! My DH applied all over the place so we had no idea where we would end up. We are getting pretty excited.

Quote Originally Posted by Sakura View Post
    I LOVE Philly. I grew up about 45 minutes from that city and I spent a semester at Temple (special program through my small Christian liberal arts college near Harrisburg).

I'm glad you and your family are on the mend!
    What town did you grow up in? We are about 30-35 minutes outside the city