Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Waiting to TTC

Default Waiting to TTC

Mods - can you please make this thread a sticky? Thank you!

I am one week from what would have been my latest due date. The third due date I will have seen come and gone without a baby in my arms. At times I actually feel fine if Nicholas is the only child we'll have. But then I think of him, and I think of the bond I have with my siblings, and I want him to have that too. So I am stuck. I am waiting...patiently. Not ready to face what could go wrong. Not ready to change the status quo. I truly am enjoying the wait right now. Maybe it's the holidays, but I'm done thinking about the future...at least for now
    Angela, Andrew & Nicholas

Three sweet angels in heaven

I had a due date last week.

Right now I am in a holding pattern and not really ruling anything out - trying again, not trying again - I don't know. I think I need to sort myself out more than anything.

Oh, and stuck!
    Me (39) DH (46) & furbabies * m/c 7/08 4/12 11/12

I'm sorry you're stuck, Mandy. I wish no one had to go through this.

Quote Originally Posted by angmichelle View Post
    I'm sorry you're stuck, Mandy. I wish no one had to go through this.
    LOL! I meant stuck as in I stickied the thread! But I am stuck and I agree! That actually did sound like that was what I meant...

Lol! What can I say? I have a way with words ;)

Hi all. I'm still waiting on genetic test results to see if we are even able to TTC again. We are looking at maybe having an issue with dh being able to "make" a healthy baby boy. We have a daughter that's healthy and smart as can be, but have lost our two sons at 15 1/2 and 16 1/2 weeks. If dh is the problem, the only route to go is IVF and pick the sex of female because it is thought dh has a genetic disorder that won't let him produce a healthy son. No matter what the outcome is, we won't even consider TTC until April. That'll be 6 months from my last loss.

How long until you will hear the results?

Dh and I had the testing done 4 weeks ago. They said it can can 4-8 weeks to get the results. I called Thursday and they said they don't have any results and try back in two weeks.

I hope the results come in before the two weeks.

I know how much the wait sucks. Feels like it takes forever and makes finding peace/closure about it all so much harder to do because the process is so drawn out.

We found out DH had a genetic disorder this summer after our last loss, and aren't really sure which way to go now. Part of me wants to try naturally once more and the other part of me thinks I'm crazy. Who knows.

Anyway, many hugs to you! I hope the holidays can serve as a bit of a distraction to make the wait go by a little faster.

Wow, there is a huge difference between 4-8 weeks! I hope you can get some answers soon.

Angmichelle, I think sometimes it's about knowing your limit. Can you and your DH handle another loss as compared to the financial burden of doing IVF? And the physical burden, too. There are so many risks. I can see for some people it might be worth taking your chances, especially if you already have a healthy baby. For others, the losses are just too much.

I think I'd be willing to try naturally one final time. IVF isn't an option I'm comfortable with for myself, but I respect others who chose to do it.

And while I think I'd be willing to try again, I'm not there yet. Maybe sometime in 2013, and if so you ladies on APA are the only ones I'd tell.

Quote Originally Posted by Gwenn View Post
    Wow, there is a huge difference between 4-8 weeks! I hope you can get some answers soon.

Angmichelle, I think sometimes it's about knowing your limit. Can you and your DH handle another loss as compared to the financial burden of doing IVF? And the physical burden, too. There are so many risks. I can see for some people it might be worth taking your chances, especially if you already have a healthy baby. For others, the losses are just too much.
    That's what I said to the lady on the phone. She said more than likely, the results will be in alot sooner, but they have to give that long time frame. I am just ready to know yay or nay on if having another baby is even an option.
    Missing my angels. Forever my babies. Gone but not forgotten! I will see you three again one day!!![/FONT]

Alright ladies. I need your help. I realized yesterday that I have missed one bcp. It was from Friday night. I don't know how it happened. I'm freaking out here. Dh and I had a long and wonderful "adult" night Saturday night. We dtd twice, using no other form of bc because I'd not realized at the time I'd missed a pill. What are the chances of my becoming pg from missing just one pill? I'm currently on cd13, so Saturday would have been cd11. Help! :/ Lord knows I would welcome a pg with open arms, but until we have ALL the genetic test results, I'd like to wait. I told dh lastnight about my mess up and warned him that if he comes near me, he better have some condoms nearby... I guess for now, it's just sit and wait for af to show.

I was wrong. Saturday was cd12 and today cd14. Anyone with any insight????

Sorry ... wish I could help. I don't know that skipping one pill is a guarantee you'll get pg, but I have to agree the timing isn't looking good when you were trying to prevent.

I hope just missing one won't faze me.
    I now have my alarm set for 7:30pm to remind me daily. I am just praying now.

I had to set an alarm to remember to take my thyroid pill. I absolutely could not remember without it.

I cannot believe I was dumb enough to let this happen. Ugh! I wish af would hurry and show.

I think you'll be fine. I'm the worlds worst BCP taker and I've never had a slip. It keeps you from ovulating so chances are you weren't ovulating at the time. Also, have you been on it since you gave birth? It thins your lining too so it's harder to implant if an egg does get fertilized. Obviously it happens but missing one pill doesn't usually do it.

I started taking them a month after my loss. My Dr wanted my bleeding to stop before I started bcps. So mid November , I started them.

I too am bad at taking my pills but I've been on and off of them for almost 10 years and have yet to get pregnant from missing a few. One month I missed three and didn't get pregnant! Hoping AF shows for you.

I hope I'm as lucky as you. Only time will tell.
    Missing my angels. Forever my babies. Gone but not forgotten! I will see you three again one day!!![/FONT]

I started spotting this morning. Af isn't due until the 18th, so hopefully it's showing early because of the missed pill.

Until the 18th?!?! Umm...when was the last time AF showed?

December 19th, was my last af.

Hmm. What was it like today?

I haven't had anymore spotting since lunchtime that day. Nada! Now I'm scared because one of the mamas on APA , I talk to on the phone, suggested it might have been implantation. Others than still having cramps,I don't feel any different yet. But, I know it is still early. I will start poas Friday. :/

Update: I just went to the bathroom and the spotting is back. Hopefully af is on her way!!!

Nevermind. It's gone once more.....

Hmm. That has me worried. I thought about implantation too :/ Fingers crossed your body is just acting a little funky and there's nothing to worry about. KUP!