Thread: so confussed

Hybrid View

mamma22 Guest

Default so confussed

So I did a pregnancy test a week ago and it came out positive so I went to the doctor and they did blood but telling me it is still early cause I was 4 weeks preg. Well they sent me for a ultra sound and the women who did it told me it was still early for me to go and did not under stand why my doctor was sending me early so she told me everything looked normal the machine can only read 5 weeks and over and she thought I was entering my 4th week….
    She was so nice she told me what I should feel cramping and sore boobs and she told me not to worry that with all 4 of her kids she was late conceiving so for me not to worry the sack looks good so I left there feeling good thinking its early still and the doctor will have me do another blood work this week to check the hcg levels because they called me on Monday and told me that they were low and I have to re do it …
    So an hour ago my doctor calls me tells me she wants me to do everything again cause she thinks I miscarried im dying I don’t feel like I did and can she had made a mistake on it

What do I do I need support sitting at my desk at work in tears and no one in my family knows except my husband and im trying to think positive cause I think they might have miss calculated on how many weeks I am

I am so sorry. If your HCG is going down, it is not a good sign. Still, I have miscarried early and I can tell because my symptoms disappear and I feel the same way I did before I got pregnant. Nothing is for sure until you start bleeding.

I hope very much that they are mistaken and everything goes well. If it doesn't, as awful as it sounds, you can make it through this. I have been through it three times. It's awful but be strong.
    Me (39) DH (46) & furbabies * m/c 7/08 4/12 11/12

mamma22 Guest

im going for blood work on Monday so im praying for a Christmas miracle (for the 2nd time) so i guess all i can is pray i feel the same symptoms as day 1 feel light cramps in my stomach feeling nausea during the day feeling so tired all I want to do is rest or sleep
    Im praying that I am earlier than what she thinks

Symptoms are a good sign.
    Me (39) DH (46) & furbabies * m/c 7/08 4/12 11/12

Have you already had 2 blood draws a couple days apart and they dropped from the first one to the second? If so, that is not good news. If you have only had one blood draw, then your dr really shouldn't have said you were miscarrying because a second # is necessary to see what is happening. Good luck!

mamma22 Guest

I'm going for my 2nd blood work on monday dec 24th .. I finally broke down last night in tears at my nephews Christmas pageant last night I could not watch the kids sing and perform so I left .., as I was driving all I can think why is my doctor being so brutal with me.. I really believe that in life in whatever works we do there's always that one person that we can't stomach I feel I'm that person with her... I've only gone three times since I moved to this area the third time after the pregnancy test when I was there she said to me I thought you were not trying why are you pregnant and I said we weren't it happen I guess it was meant to be what ever god wants .,, I am going to go for my second blood work with her and I want to know my hcg level and after that I have to make a decision
    I am praying for Christmas miracle ... That she was wrong

Anyway you can change drs? It is important to have a good relationship with your ob.

Your dr can't tell you are miscarrying with just one blood test. It might be lower than what she expected for gestation, but that really doesn't mean much. The only way to know if a miscarriage is imminent is if the hcg levels drop from one draw to the next.

Good luck, and keep us posted!