Thread: Bath Tubs and such

Question Bath Tubs and such

Okay, so my boys are starting to out grown their little blue whale bath tub that sits on the counter.
    What should I switch to next? What did you do as they got older? I'd like to bathe them together if possible in the tub with some sort of support. Right, now they don't have great head control and of course can't sit up on their own...just wondering what y'all did around the 4 month mark? Anyone use the tummy tub or the like or laundry baskets or blow up tubs, etc?

I always bathed mine in the plain ole' kitchen sink.
    Dee Dee, Mom to 2 handsome young men & 2 beautiful girls!

3andMe is offline Every day is a gift. It's just... does it have to be a pair of socks? Hopelessly Devoted

I went from kitchen sink (one at a time) to shower (both at the same time, with me, while I showered). I have never really had an easy time with the bathtub, although I know other people in my multiples club use bathtub safety seats to help them bathe both upright at the same time.

At that age, I still bathed them one at a time in a little tub or in the kitchen sink depending whether I was upstairs or downstairs. Then once they had good head control, we went to bath chairs which was fun until they became obsessed w/ trying to get out, then we went to showers. We still mostly give them showers unless they ask for a bubble bath.
    Last edited by Flynn08; 12-20-2012 at 01:32 PM.
    My 3 yo cuties!

I have two of these that I put in the tub when I need to bathe them at the same time. But usually I just wash them one at a time in the kitchen sink...

http://www.target.com/p/summer-infan...lot=medium_1_8
    Last edited by Racegirl766k; 12-20-2012 at 09:30 AM. Reason: add link, lol!

*Kimberly* Mommy to Hayden (7), Alexis (5), Makenzie & Brooke (18m)!
    Looking for some bows for your little one? check us out --> www.sweetnsassycouture.com

Quote Originally Posted by Racegirl766k View Post
    I have two of these that I put in the tub when I need to bathe them at the same time. But usually I just wash them one at a time in the kitchen sink...

http://www.target.com/p/summer-infan...lot=medium_1_8
    Ohhhh....and these fit both in the tub?

Sakura Guest

Before the girls could sit well on their own in the tub, I'd put one baby in an exersaucer and bathe the other and then rinse and repeat!

Quote Originally Posted by Sakura View Post
    Before the girls could sit well on their own in the tub, I'd put one baby in an exersaucer and bathe the other and then rinse and repeat!
    Yes, that is what I do now with their whale tub. I'm just worried about them being in the tub even with me without some assistance of something else.

3andMe is offline Every day is a gift. It's just... does it have to be a pair of socks? Hopelessly Devoted

These are the kinds of bathtub seats a lot of the other moms in my multiples group use to bathe more than one at a time in the tub:

Bathtub Seats.

I haven't used them, so I can't vouch for them, but they do seem like they might help. If you have a local multiples club or other kind of loaner gear, you could see if some are available for checking out.

Quote Originally Posted by 3andMe View Post
    These are the kinds of bathtub seats a lot of the other moms in my multiples group use to bathe more than one at a time in the tub:

Bathtub Seats.

I haven't used them, so I can't vouch for them, but they do seem like they might help. If you have a local multiples club or other kind of loaner gear, you could see if some are available for checking out.
    Awesome! Thank you I'm joining the multiples group in Jan! I can't wait!

I looked everywhere for the bathtub seats for ds. Thanks for the link! At one point in time they were recalled due to accidental drowing...aka idiots leaving their babies in them unattended in the bathroom. I couldn't find them anywhere after that but my oldest had one and we loved it.

Quote Originally Posted by ZsaZsa View Post
    Ohhhh....and these fit both in the tub?
    yep, I can fit two in the kids tub at a time with some room to spare.

Last edited by Racegirl766k; 01-02-2013 at 09:25 AM.

*Kimberly* Mommy to Hayden (7), Alexis (5), Makenzie & Brooke (18m)!
    Looking for some bows for your little one? check us out --> www.sweetnsassycouture.com