Thread: HELP! Super sticky band-aid

Default HELP! Super sticky band-aid

Left on for 5 days and I just took it off and now where the addheive was is red with little bumps. I can't get a pic right now bc DD is screaming her head off. What can I put on it to make it feel better?

try a little polysporin?

"Any idiot can face a crisis; it is this day-to-day living that wears you out." -Anton Chekhov

hydrocortisone cream. But it probably already feels better by the time you read this!

Well she finally calmed down and I was able to get a pic. It looks a tiny bit better than it did originally but it's still bad . I was able to put some aquaphor on it but I'm sure it rubbed off onto her shirt.

Blog Entries

I generally get a rash from all adhesives in bandaids (not that I am allergic just that I get can get a rash when my skin is damaged). Those look ouchie! Certainly hydrocortisone is ok but also just regular lotion can help things feel better.

There are bandaids now that form a waterproof seal that I tend to like but it is also good for most wounds to have air access, too. Those you can leave on for several days or until they fall off by themselves.
    Jessica (33) and Ryan (33). Madelyn born August 5, 2009; Malachi born December 23, 2010 and Nathaniel born July 19, 2013. Lost a loved baby 02/29/12, 05/14/12 and 07/05/12 all due a serious allergic reaction to fabric softener.
    My blog about MCAD

From your ticker I gather you're still nursing....put some breast milk on it!

Quote Originally Posted by L&L View Post
    From your ticker I gather you're still nursing....put some breast milk on it!
    Darn it, that's a wonderful idea!!

I've been putting witch hazel on it today.

Look at what's in the bandaid adhesive. It looks like an allergic reaction or sensitivity. Moira reacted to a certain type of bandaid when she was 2. The rash she had was similar to that only it became infected and oozy. Was really gross and painful and required a trip to the doctor. You may want to consider a different type of bandaid in the future.
    Mary Jane, doula and mom of Vada, Brynna, Tea, Moira, Kyan, Ambria, Aslan, and Anakin.
    “Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.” ~ Dr. Seuss

Quote Originally Posted by MaryJane View Post
    Look at what's in the bandaid adhesive. It looks like an allergic reaction or sensitivity. Moira reacted to a certain type of bandaid when she was 2. The rash she had was similar to that only it became infected and oozy. Was really gross and painful and required a trip to the doctor. You may want to consider a different type of bandaid in the future.
    Haha ya think! Luckily that was the last of those band aids.

It's looking a lot better now and I will keep my eye on it.

I had a band aid on for only a little bit and I pulled it off. It hurt like hell, and gave me those bumps then ended up bruising for like 4 days!

Poor baby!

IT'S A BOY!!!

Marissa 12, Peyton 7, Jayden 5 and #4 due 7/4/2014

I was gonna say BM too. I actually have used it for that purpose and it worked wonderfully. I wish I'd have thought to save some for boo-boo's. Oh well.....
    Last edited by babypayne; 12-22-2012 at 04:17 PM.
    Missing my angels. Forever my babies. Gone but not forgotten! I will see you three again one day!!![/FONT]