Thread: Gah!

Blog Entries

Default Gah!

My insurance company has decided that I can only have 30 Zofran pills in a 23 day period even though my prescription says to take 1-2 pills every 8 hours....so that would be a max of 6 pills a day so what, 138 per a 23 day period. I'm only taking one pill every eight hours don't need it when I am sleeping so why can't you give me that medication? Do you instead want me to spend this weekend in the hospital because I can't eat or drink and will be vomiting?

I am so irritated.
    Jessica (32) and Ryan (32). Madelyn born August 5, 2009; Malachi born December 23, 2010 and Nathaniel born July 19, 2013. Lost a loved baby 02/29/12, 05/14/12 and 07/05/12 all due a serious allergic reaction to fabric softener.
    My Ovulation Chart , My blog about MCAD

Insurance companies are so dumb!! If it wasn't such a pain, I'd go to the ER just to spite them

are you kidding? I am so sorry. Is it too ridiculously expensive to pay out of pocket for it? I hope you find some way to help your self get though this.

Sammi(me)~DH(Troy)~DS(Kyle)~DD(Rebecca)My Blog

Mine was the same. Just thankful I didn't need to take it for too long.

Mommy to Piper 6/5/09 and an 11/2011
    Make a pregnancy ticker

I dont know anything about zofran, but Are there any pharmacies that offer free or low cost generic prescriptions near you that you can try to get so it won't be too expensive? Sorry your insurance isn't helping more!
    Angela (28) DH, Pat (30) DS Connor (4), DS Leo (2), DS Nathan

Blog Entries

They told me that it was expensive and I was too upset to ask. My DH is going to call the insurance tomorrow and yell at them. Ugh. We will not even be home this weekend and will be all over the place. As is I only took one pill today and didn't throw up only by my will. I can't keep that up for long and had to sleep for two hours just to make it through the day. My oldest does not nap that often and only did today because she is sick.
    Jessica (32) and Ryan (32). Madelyn born August 5, 2009; Malachi born December 23, 2010 and Nathaniel born July 19, 2013. Lost a loved baby 02/29/12, 05/14/12 and 07/05/12 all due a serious allergic reaction to fabric softener.

My DH used to work at a pharmacy, and he said that Zofran is crazy expensive, so insurance companies never cover much of it. I'm sorry you are feeling so sick, I hope you're better soon!
    Jennifer

Wow, I don't remember having a problem with my ins covering the zofran. Either I was lucky or I was too sick to care/remember.

I have always believed that dealing with insurance is the most stressful part of any pregnancy or illness. I hope you can get it covered, maybe your dr will write a letter for you? Often they can convince the ins that it is truely necessary.

I'd be happy to mail you mine I have a couple of refills left and hopefully won't need it too much longer.

Make a pregnancy ticker

Blog Entries

I'm hopeful that this will be taken care of soon. My DH called the insurance company and they said that my doctor needs to call them and gave him a number to call. So I called my doctor and the nurse called that number three times and it was always busy. She's going to try some other numbers on my card next. The nurse also finds this ridiculous.

I'll let you know if I need any Zofran, Babidol. I have one pill left.

Seriously, let me know. I will go get another one filled tomorrow. I have money I need to use on my FSA anyway.

Make a pregnancy ticker

Blog Entries

It can take 3 to 5 business days for the insurance to approve more medication after my doctor taxes back the medical authorization form. So we bought 5 pills to get me to the 23 when the insurance will cover it again. I'm on the generic and the pills were about $6 each. Ridiculous!

OMG! That's ridiculous! I'm sorry.

Make a pregnancy ticker