Thread: Could I still be prego?

Hybrid View

ashley01 Guest

Default Could I still be prego?

so this is my first time posting anything to this site. I have been off birth control for over a year now and I am currently a week late. Ever since I got off b.c. my periods have been regular to exact date and time. I have taken a few hpt and they all came back negative, but still no aunt flo. About 4 days before my expected period, I had light spotting, only when wiping. Usually about 4 days before my period my breast get sore...but again nothing. I also have no other symptoms like the other women. I have scheduled a Dr. appt but it cannot come soon enough. I am trying not to stress myself out. I have never been pregnant before....so i was just wondering what ya'll think. Could i still be prego? Any input would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

ashley01 Guest

anyone?

Your period could be messed up for a while after getting off birth control. Wait it out for another week and retest.

Blog Entries

It is possible. An HPT would normally show a positive at this point if you were pregnant but someone don't test positive with a HPT for awhile. You can always ask for a BETA to find out if you are pregnant or not.
    Jessica (32) and Ryan (32). Madelyn born August 5, 2009; Malachi born December 23, 2010 and Nathaniel born July 19, 2013. Lost a loved baby 02/29/12, 05/14/12 and 07/05/12 all due a serious allergic reaction to fabric softener.
    Check out our business, JRSolutions.

ashley01 Guest

i dont know if im just freakin myself out but do ya think it could be an ectopic pregnancy?

Blog Entries

An ectopic pregnancy would not make you have a negative HPT. You'd still have a positive result (HPT or BETA) because you are in fact pregnant.
    Jessica (32) and Ryan (32). Madelyn born August 5, 2009; Malachi born December 23, 2010 and Nathaniel born July 19, 2013. Lost a loved baby 02/29/12, 05/14/12 and 07/05/12 all due a serious allergic reaction to fabric softener.
    Check out our business, JRSolutions.

I have a friend that with both of her pregnancies didn't get a BFP till she was 2 months along. You may not have strong enough hcg and may need a blood test. Prayers and Baby Dust!!