Thread: I think we're nearing our end...whine

Default I think we're nearing our end...whine

Long story short, I've had to exclusively pump for DD since she was days old. She was born small, had some issues with eating, and around 3.5 months I had to start fortifying her BM (which is a whole 'nother topic). I thought that would be a temporary thing, but she'll be 6 months on Wednesday and they increased her fortifier again last week to 30 cals so I feel a bit defeated. I am totally not anti-formula...at all. Both of my boys eventually went that route. I just have such a hard time with fortifying b/c I feel like I work so hard to give her milk, but I end up giving her formula (albeit, mixed with BM) anyway. I have had a raw/cracked nipple since she was 2 months old and last week, my left nipple decided to join in on the fun.

I've started supplementing 2 feedings a day with 30 cal formula. This was my last shot at BFing, and I feel like such a failure. I just wish my darned boobs would cooperate, ya know?

Anyway, not sure why I'm posting other than I'm upset and needed to get it out somewhere with ladies that understand.

Thanks for reading.

mama

I can understand why you are sad, but you are certainly not a failure! Pumping is anything but easy, and you are amazing for doing it for that long!

It's hard not to beat yourself up but you are really doing a great job! I can't imagine dealing with cracked nips for so long!

Thing 1 (7), Thing 2 (5), Thing 3 (20M)

That's so much to deal with! You've done an amazing job holding on this long Mama. You gave her the very best start!!!!

I'm sorry momma. Maybe get a donor mom in your area instead of formula? You've done such an amazing job. I hate pumping so I feel for you.

Mommy to Piper 6/5/09 and an 11/2011
    Make a pregnancy ticker

You've done an amazing job mama! I've been exclusively pumping pretty much since day one as well, so I totally understand that. I'm doing it because despite three different visits with LC's, DS was never able to actually latch on at all, even with a shield. But you do what you have to do, and you've done a great job!
    Jennifer

pumping is NOT easy momma. You have given your baby a wonderful start. I hope you heal up soon I never had cracked nips but I can't imagine how painful they must be. Kudos for hanging in there so long.

Ugh pumping so much is a BIG deal and I applaud you for sticking with it for so long!
    Leigh(35)/Matt(39)/Sonja Lily(3.75)/Damien Andrew(1yr)

I agree that pumping for that long is a huge deal. I did it for my first two and it's very difficult to keep it up. You should be very proud of yourself for sticking it out for this long! And with cracked nipples as well! Ow.

Thanks, Ladies. I keep telling myself that it is what it is, but I just wish quitting was more on my terms, ya know? One year was my goal, and while we aren't going to make it, I'm glad that we've at least made it as far as we have and hope to at least get another month down before she's exclusively formula. I figure every little bit helps.

I really appreciate the support!!