Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Do you use a wipe at every diaper change?

Default Do you use a wipe at every diaper change?

I just witnessed SIL change my nephews diaper and didn't use a wipe. Is this the norm? Am I using wipes when I don't need to?

Obviously you'd use a wipe for pooping diapers!

3andMe is offline Every day is a gift. It's just... does it have to be a pair of socks? Hopelessly Devoted

I don't use a wipe for pee diapers. Ever. I pretty much change the diaper after every pee.

When they poop, yes. If their diaper is full, yes, if there's a driblet of pee in it, no, I don't. LOL.
    Dada (27) Mama-Jessie (26) Orion (4) Kadence (2) Osiris (Uterus)

Blog Entries

We don't usually for pee unless it was big leaker pee. They get bathed about every day anyway. I really only started that once I switched to cloth wipes (in addition to cloth diapers), though, for some reason.
    Jessica (33) and Ryan (33). Madelyn born August 5, 2009; Malachi born December 23, 2010 and Nathaniel born July 19, 2013. Lost a loved baby 02/29/12, 05/14/12 and 07/05/12 all due a serious allergic reaction to fabric softener.
    My blog about MCAD

I also don't use wipes if its a pee diaper that isn't soaked. The top of the diaper (the part that covers the bottom of their belly) is usually still dry, so I will wipe with that.

For ds I didn't since he is intact ( exception being when he woke up in the morning). With dd we are ECing so I typically use toilet paper or water from the sink and towel dry.

Not always, but if it's wetter than usual, or haven't used one the last 2 times or so, I'll give him a good cleaning with a cloth wipe and solution.

Not after every pee diaper. We use mostly cloth so it tends to get stinky after a couple of diapers and I will use a soapy cloth followed by cloth with just water.
    KEVIN (6) & MATTHEW (4)

Nope, I just wipe poops!
    Megan (29) and Jayson (31) Happily married 9 years

I only use wipes for pee diapers first thing in the morning, when it's fullest. Obviously, always with poop!

I did for every diaper, every time. I still use them on her after every pee in the toilet. She has very sensitive skin and would probably get really irritated/rashy if I didn't clean her well every time. But I've always done that for all the diapers I've ever changed in my life (and I've been babysitting since I was 9).

I did for DD1 and then didn't always with DD2.
    Growing fast... DD1 (6) & DD2 (4)
    Forever loved, forever missed... Twin Girls with us for 19w3d 6/12/06

I always did. I figured if I peed a diaper I'd want a good wipe so I applied that to my baby as well!
    Candice, 28, STC 7+ years

Sakura Guest

I use a wipe at every diaper change.

Always did, unless the diaper was dry. I figured, I wipe after every pee, so why shouldn't she, especially since there is more pee to skin contact in a diaper than when we pee on a toilet.

I don't use a wipe for every pee dipe. Probably about every other, or so.
    ~Andrea~

Nope, only on poopie diapers, or a really full wet one, ex: first thing in the morning like Natalie(sparks3) said.

*Kimberly* Mommy to Hayden (7), Alexis (5), Makenzie & Brooke (18m)!
    Looking for some bows for your little one? check us out --> www.sweetnsassycouture.com

For wet diapers I do sometimes if the diaper is really wet.

Quote Originally Posted by MomOfAnOnly View Post
    I did for every diaper, every time. I still use them on her after every pee in the toilet. She has very sensitive skin and would probably get really irritated/rashy if I didn't clean her well every time. But I've always done that for all the diapers I've ever changed in my life (and I've been babysitting since I was 9).
    Same.
    -- mom to DD1 1/98 and DD2 10/09

It never occurred to me not to! So yes, a wipe with every diaper.

Mommy to Piper 6/5/09 and an 11/2011
    Make a pregnancy ticker

Well I wipe myself every time I pee, so I guess I am confused about why people don't wipe at every change.

Wow! I'm surprised!! I wonder what other cool tricks I'm missing out on

I'm surprised too! I don't do diapers anymore but I always wiped every time.

Wow i never thought not to! I always have.

I wipe every time, sometimes twice after a poop. I have to watch for irritation though because Sonja is prone to a red crotch for some reason, and if that's the case I also apply Aquaphor with every change to protect the surface from pee/poop. Aquaphor is our magic balm, it takes care of EVERYTHING. Got rid of a zit I had in 2 days, quicker than with Clearasil. Matt uses it to help heal cuts too. If Sonja's eczema gets really bad we use it alternating with her Rx cream.
    Leigh(36)/Matt(40)/Sonja Lily(4)/Damien Andrew(1.5)

Quote Originally Posted by pumpkinpeejays View Post
    I wipe every time, sometimes twice after a poop. I have to watch for irritation though because Sonja is prone to a red crotch for some reason, and if that's the case I also apply Aquaphor with every change to protect the surface from pee/poop. Aquaphor is our magic balm, it takes care of EVERYTHING. Got rid of a zit I had in 2 days, quicker than with Clearasil. Matt uses it to help heal cuts too. If Sonja's eczema gets really bad we use it alternating with her Rx cream.
    My dd gets red for no apparent reason too sometimes.

I'm gonna try my aquaphore on a zit now too.

Quote Originally Posted by anonsouthernbell View Post
    For ds I didn't since he is intact ( exception being when he woke up in the morning). With dd we are ECing so I typically use toilet paper or water from the sink and towel dry.
    What does his being intact have to do with whether or not you use a wipe? My boys are also intact and was just wondering if I was missing something here.

Quote Originally Posted by Babidol View Post
    It never occurred to me not to! So yes, a wipe with every diaper.
    Same here. Sometimes, it is just a cloth wipe with water. Other times it is with a cloth wipe and wipe solution.

I usually only use a wipe for poop, of if its a really wet diaper. I'm changing to cloth diapers hopefully tomorrow (if my order ever gets here), but I'm thinking I'll probably wipe for pee then too. That said, DS pees as soon as I put a new diaper on him, every single time, so I'm not sure there's much point, lol.
    Jennifer

We don't wipe every time unless it is alot of pee. Of course for poop diapers.

Wipe every time. Otherwise pee sits on their skin. I wipe after I pee so I'm not sure why you wouldn't for your babies?