Thread: 9 Vials of Blood drawn---> Results!

Default 9 Vials of Blood drawn---> Results!

Here are my blood test results... kinda confusing but can anyone make heads or tails of it?

Testosterone: .97 ng/mL -- is that high?
    ESTRADIOL: 99 pg/ml
    PROGESTERONE: .6 ng/mL -- very low for cd 54!
    LH: 20.91mlU/mL -- isn't that high enough to stimulate ovulation?
    FSH: 5.7mlU/mL
    TSH: 1.65uIU/ml
    HCG BETA, Quantitative: <.05mlU/mL
    Prolactin: 6.4ng/mL

What does everyone think? I'm going to try and look up each one and see what the norms are.

Cait[24] & Gene-Paul[28] Dx with PCOS & Left Tube Blocked Dec. '12
    03/22/13

Your progesterone is super low which is probably what is driving up your LH levels (pituitary trying to get ovulation going). High LH tends to suppress FSH (yours is lowish) but increases testosterone.

Prolactin, tsh, and estradiol look fine.

Did they test your insulin levels?

Definitely looks like pcos...I don't have personal experience but did a lot of reading up on it when I had low progesterone and recurrent losses.

Found this website to be helpful:

http://www.progesterone-info.com/pol...rome-pcos.html

Isn't it great to finally get the results?!? It always seems like we are waiting for something throughout all of this.

FSH is good, but estradiol is high, which could be suppressing the FSH. Ideally, they like to see a low FSH and low Estradiol. For IVF cycles, they usually like estradiol to be under 80. I'm not incredibly familiar with PCOS, but these could also be indicators.

Here is a website that I find to be incredibly useful for all of these questions:
    http://www.advancedfertility.com/day3fsh.htm

Good luck to you!

Erica 33, DH 34, STC for 4+ years, Diagnosed DOR 4/2011, mom to 4 , Barbados IVF March 2013!!!

Hey buddy!
    The LH/FSH ratio looks like pcos to me, but i dont know much more bc i am still getting worked up myself. But I am sure a lot of the girls on here know more!

GL!!

Thank you all for your information! I appreciate it so much! I will know more when I go back in on the 22nd for my HSG test but the more I read the more I see PCOS everywhere. I'm sad that it's PCOS but happy the main and if not the only issue, is PCOS. Makes it much easier to deal with and treat.

Cait[24] & Gene-Paul[28] Dx with PCOS & Left Tube Blocked Dec. '12
    03/22/13

A PCOS diagnosis is definitely not the end of the road. If that is what it is, you and your RE now know how to move forward. I have a friend who has dealt with PCOS for years, got pg on her own a year and a half ago, and is now pregnant again with their second!

Erica 33, DH 34, STC for 4+ years, Diagnosed DOR 4/2011, mom to 4 , Barbados IVF March 2013!!!

Yes PCOS is not the worst thing to deal with. I have PCOS and I ended up getting pregnant with Metformin and Femara. My RE said it was the wonder drug combo for anyone with PCOS. But now that you know what you have, you and your doc can make a plan to get you pregnant!
    *Sara-27**Lee-27* 11/21/09 DX with PCOS 05/10