Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Self Breast Exams

Default Self Breast Exams

Do ya'll do them? I do every once in a while, in the shower, while I'm lathered up.About a month ago, I found a lump on my left breast, where my chest and breast meet . Kinda angled toward my armpit. It is still there, no bigger but no smaller. It's about 1 1/2-2 inches long. It doesn't hurt or anything. Do ya'll think this sounds like something that needs to be checked. I've been passing it off as my hormones being out of wack and causing it. But since it's still there over a month, I don't know.... Help.
    Last edited by babypayne; 12-14-2012 at 03:43 PM.

Does it move around? If no, go today to have it checked. Other wise I would say yes, go have it checked out soon. :p

It needs to be checked. Period. Get your butt in there. Hope it's nothing but get it checked.

I would absolutely go get any kind of breast lump checked out! The peace of mind knowing its nothing is so much better than constant worry!

You need to get and get it checked out ASAP. It might be nothing but better safe than sorry.

I agree with the other's I'd definitely go get it checked. Better safe then sorry. Best of luck!
    Jennifer

Go ASAP. Btw, pain is not a necessary symptom of breast cancer so don't feel reassured just because you don't have pain Hope it is nothing!
    KEVIN (6) & MATTHEW (4)

Yup, def get any kind of lump checked.

IT'S A BOY!!!

Marissa 12, Peyton 7, Jayden 5 and #4 due 7/4/2014

Yes, get in there and get it checked asap!! Better safe than sorry!!

Get checked, the sooner, the better, asap!!! To answer your first question I check monthly or more.

I hope you get it checked out! There are glands in that area that can swell when infected or when you are sick, so its not always a sign of cancer, but any abnormalities should always be checked out, whether it's a lump or a funny spot. good luck!
    Dada (27) Mama-Jessie (26) Orion (4) Kadence (2) Baby (Uterus)

Thanks ladies. I called my Dr but they'd already closed. I forgot they close early on Fridays. I will call again Monday to be seen and have a mammogram ordered.

Quote Originally Posted by babypayne View Post
    Thanks ladies. I called my Dr but they'd already closed. I forgot they close early on Fridays. I will call again Monday to be seen and have a mammogram ordered.
    I hope you can be seen soon and that all is ok -

I just now called my Dr and am waiting for the call back. I am so nervous about this. Will kup.

so glad you will get it checked out, please do kup!

Stalking. Good luck! FX that it is nothing
    ~Jenn~ Mom to Ethan - my heart surgery survivor - born 6/29/09

I just now called my Dr and am waiting for the call back. I am so nervous about this. Will kup.
    Hope you got a call back today and that all is well -

My appt is on December 27th at 2:30. I wish it'd hurry and come.

Forever my babies. Gone but not forgotten! I will see you three again one day!!!

My appt is on December 27th at 2:30. I wish it'd hurry and come.
    Sorry you have to wait that long. I hope all is ok -

I'm glad you have an apt. very important to get checked out. Lots of people have lumpy breasts and its nothing but you want to know for sure cause if its something the sooner you get it diagnosed the sooner you can take care of it and the easier it is to take care of. I regret not getting my little lump biopsied, I dont know if it has anything to do with my bc now but I shouldve pushed for a biopsy. I highly recommend you getting it biopsied too if its anything or not just to be on the safe side.

btw feel free to pm me or email me at rtroth@yahoo.com I check email more than I check on here. I hope its all nothing.

also fyi make sure your doc orders a mammogram push for it, my friend was bfing and they said it was cause of that and didint send her she finally got them to give her one and she had bc. I dont mean to scare you but the sooner its caught the easier it is to deal with. But I truly hope its nothing just push for the mammogram so you can make sure!

I am having a mammogram tomorrow. It's not the regular mammogram, but the one they do when they've already found something. I cannot remember what they called it though. I will see my Dr a few days later for results.(I haven't made the appt yet) Please say an extra prayer for me to get good results tomorrow. Thanks. :/

I'll be thinking of you and I hope you won't have to wait too long for results. We have two hospitals where I live with same day results.

Praying for great results
    KEVIN (6) & MATTHEW (4)

prayers said, sucks you have to wait

Praying it is nothing! (HUGS)
    Heather-36 , Dh-34, Ds-11, Dd-5 our IVF baby & Dd-3 our surprise baby. Expecting # 4 in January 2014!!

Thanks lad.ies for the prayers. I'm sitting in the waiting room, waiting to be called back. I think every inch of my body is shaking . :/

Thinking of you today.

Big hugs sweetie!