Thread: Finally! RE Appt Update!

Default Finally! RE Appt Update!

I was so nervous today before the appointment, couldn't eat, was shaking like crazy and restless! Once we got there I just relaxed right down, everyone was so nice, patient, compassionate, totally different from what I'm use to. Now onto results! They took 9 vials of blood from me! Testing for everything under the sun and then we did an ultrasound to get an idea where I am at. I'm on CD 54 and no where near O'ing anytime soon. He said my Follies were like CD 3 but my uterus was over 9mm thick! So the uterine lining seems to be building up as it should but my follies are not growing. This is when he told me I have PCOS and thinks injections are the best for me at this point. But he wants to do an HSG first so he put me on Provera for 5 days and warned me I was going to have a pretty violent period thanks to my Uterine Lining being the way it is. Then we will start a fresh cycle. I just wondered if anyone knew though, After the HSG 'dye test' will they have to start a new cycle before the injects or will they let me start the injects on that cycle?

Cait[24] & Gene-Paul[28] Dx with PCOS & Left Tube Blocked Dec. '12
    03/22/13

tiggerlb Guest

Glad you have a proactive re and you have some answers. As far as the hcg not sure if they will let you do the meds or not or make you wait till the following cycle. I an sure there are ladies here who can answer that ? for you. Good Luck.

So glad you are finally getting some answers! I don't have any experience with injects, so I have no advice. I do have PCOS though...my RE started with just clomid and I have yet to see if it took.
    But good luck with everything and my fingers are crossed for fast results!!

Thanks girls, bzjenn, I tried 50 mg and then 100mg and I had no response at all to it so that's why I've moved onto injects, I hope Clomid works for you. I should get my lab results today sometime. She said she would call if something was wrong, otherwise it'd be posted online so I'm glad they do that too. I am disappointed that I won't be able to break the news to the family on Xmas but aw well, better take our time rather than take risks.

03/22/13

Praying you get some answers! Sounds like your RE is really on top of everything and moving you in a good direction. I hope AF cleans everything out perfectly and your hsg comes back normal.

KUP on the blood work! Thinking of you (((hugs)))...so sorry you won't have news for Christmas but really praying it won't be long before you get your bfp!!

Sounds like you have a great dr!! That's awesome that they post blood results online...way more efficient that having a nurse or secretary call and not be able to go into detail or answer any questions.
    Maybe you should X-post this in STC? To get an answer to the HSG test.

I think it depends when you are doing the HSG. If it's early enough it shouldn't matter, but if it's not done early then I would assume you would have to wait. I think it also depends on the doctor, so your best bet would be to ask them. And just a warning but that test can cause cramping. I'm not sure they told you, but I was allowed to take some medicine before and then brought a maxi pad for after.
    Took us 20 months to catch our little elf!! to all my TTC friends!

Yeah they gave me antibiotics to take the day before, of and after. They told me to also take strong Motrin about an hour before hand. I'm not sure what day I could do the test because honestly, I can't do it until a Saturday and they know that because it's an hour away from here and I work 8-5 and it's a pretty strict 8-5 so I doubt I will be able to get the afternoon off to get down there and back. If my projections are right, I will be on CD 5 -12 from the 18th - 25th so I think that Saturday will be the day, unless I get my period and stop my period sooner. I wish I would be able to but I doubt it being that the 22nd is CD 9 but maybe if he doesn't think it's a big deal for my cycle to be longer than the usual 28days but then again, what 'the usual' AF anymore?

03/22/13

Hi cycle buddy! I am so glad that the appointment went well!!!
    And I am sorry to hear you have PCOS but happy at the same time that they figured out what the problem is and have a plan!

KUP!!

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/3e10a4

Thanks Cycle Buddy! We will be cycle buddies again I am sure! Just maybe not as long, I hope you get some answers too!

03/22/13

It sounds like you found a great doctor and you're getting the answers you were looking for. Your definitely on the road to getting your BFP!!

Mel (39) DH (37) Expecting a boy after 12 months of TTC!
    April 2013 http://www.saferpills.org/