Thread: O? Really??

Default O? Really??

I'm still bfing my 9month old, my 31month old nurses every couple of days or so (more when she's sick), and I was hyperthyroid until a few months ago. The combination really took a toll I think and I've been dealing with dramatic mood swings, acne, mild dehydration, and just an overall sense of being unable to keep up nutritionally. Anyway, my tsh is now at a healthy level and in the last few weeks I've been working at building myself back up nutritionally.

I started taking vitex and rrl tea last week since even though I know my progesterone levels are supposed to be low during bfing I feel there's an imbalance somewhere and read it can be helpful. Wow, I can't believe how much more stable I feel and not so foggy! My skin also looks worlds better too.

So the point...I'm pretty sure I Oed yesterday! Adam has been nursing less during the day (Mr. Busy!) lately but still nurses a few times at night (he gave up the paci...won't take it so he only latches on long enough to fall back to sleep). This would be the earliest I've ever Oed while bfing . Obviously I haven't been temping/charting and no opks since it was totally unexpected so I won't know for sure for two weeks. DH is away on business so my 2ww is for AF :-) . I had really watery cm over the weekend...figured it was just crazy bfing hormones. But late Tuesday night it became stretchy ewcm and I had right-sided ovary pain. Checked my cervix and it was high, soft, and open. Today, cm is clear but getting sticky.

We're not actively ttc yet but not preventing either. I'm hoping to get a bfp in Feb/Mar still so I'm glad it worked out that Dh was gone (it's been a while since we dtd...Dh wasn't feeling well last week/weekend). I would have been completely thrilled to get a bfp this month but realistically would like to give my body a few more months between babies :-)

My preference is to have AF before getting pg again. Most of my pgs I haven't had an AF between but usually have at least one m/c. I had an AF between my last two and no m/c so I feel like it helped to have a good "clean out" so a new, healthier lining can build up with the next cycle. Just my theory :-) . It's also nice to have a definite starting point.

So I'm wondering if this was "induced" because of the vitex or if my body was gearing up anyway and needed a bit of a boost. Honestly, I can't believe how *normal* I finally feel...it's like a fog has lifted! I love pg because I feel so great (yeah, weird I know) and I used to feel that way during bfing too but since having thyroid disease and spending my first 6 months hyperT after the last three babies it feels great to feel normal again *before* getting pg :-) . I'll never know for sure if the vitex is helping or not I guess but I'm going to keep taking it since this stability seems to have coincided with when I started.

Anyone else ever use vitex?

That's exciting that you Oed so unexpectedly! I hope it's a sign of easy conception to come!

tiggerlb Guest

I used vitex for awhile. It did help get me oing a little earlier than what I was. For awhile I was oing on cd 16 17ish started taking the vitex and I stated oing 12 13ish cds(which was normal for me.
    Last edited by tiggerlb; 12-06-2012 at 02:40 PM.

Thanks! Me too!! I'm really excited and hopeful that I may see a bfp and get a sticky bean within the next few months!! LOL now let's see if I can be patient through a couple cycles ;)