Thread: What is Charting and How Does it Work?

Hybrid View

Default What is Charting and How Does it Work?

Hello! I'm getting ready to try for baby number four. Just stopped by BC which I have been on for about a year now and I know that when I am not on BC my cycle is all over the place. Anywhere from 26 days up to 40. It ranges significantly from month to month, which can be a pain when trying to figure out which days I am ovulating. I've been hearing about charting for years but don't actually know what it is or how it helps you get pregnant. Thanks!
    DD 1 (6), DD2 (4), DS (2), MC 7/13

Charting is a way of tracking your cycle through symptoms such as body temp, cervical mucus, OPKs and other symptoms..headaches, spotting etc. you can use sites like fertility friend to help you track. They also have an iPhone app. There is a tutorial that will walk you through charting too. Good luck!!

Thank you for the info, that sounds complicated!!! I will check it out though!
    DD 1 (6), DD2 (4), DS (2), MC 7/13

It's a little overwhelming, but you get used to it quickly. You can customize how much or how little you want to chart also. For example, I only temped and used OPKs, I didn't keep track of CM or much else. Take a look at fertility friend and feel free to ask if you have any questions. Most of us chart so we're all pretty familiar with it.