Thread: 2 missed cycles all test negative

Hybrid View

connerh Guest

Default 2 missed cycles all test negative

Hello
    Wondering if anyone can give guidence. Everything I read online tells me that some people dont detect they are pregnant until week 10 or even farther. I have taken numerous home tests and blood along with a HCG level that ALL came back negative. Ive spotted the old blood, the brownish color, but thats it. Any advice would be appreciated. Am I overreacting?

Blog Entries

A negative blood test means that you are not pregnant. Some women can't detect HCG in urine until they are farther along but a blood test is for sure that the hormone isn't present in your body.
    Jessica (33) and Ryan (33). Madelyn born August 5, 2009; Malachi born December 23, 2010 and Nathaniel born July 19, 2013. Lost a loved baby 02/29/12, 05/14/12 and 07/05/12 all due a serious allergic reaction to fabric softener.
    My Ovulation Chart , My blog about MCAD

hopeful85 Guest

I'm in the same boat! If I were pregnant I'd be 12 weeks. Keep getting negative HPTs and at 6 weeks had a negative blood test. I'm going in for a pelvic ultrasound and more blood work to determine what's going on. Good luck! Know there are others out there who know how you feel.

connerh Guest

to hopeful85
    Thank you, your super sweet!! Hope they find out what is wrong. It happened again this month and still neg.
    Last edited by connerh; 01-02-2013 at 03:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JJorn View Post
    A negative blood test means that you are not pregnant. Some women can't detect HCG in urine until they are farther along but a blood test is for sure that the hormone isn't present in your body.
    This^^^^
    If the blood test is negative, you're not pregnant. Urine tests can be wrong, but blood tests are definitive. Sorry.
    Augusta (38), Jeff (33), and 3 rescued fur-babies Chancey the boxer mix(10), Tuck the malamute (2), and Jake the kitty who thinks he's a dog (1 year old!)

Quote Originally Posted by JJorn View Post
    this^^ blood tests are not wrong.

Me(26) DH: Chris (30) Cassidee (3) Jazmine born 6/28/13 Austyn 7/10/14 MC 8/1/12