Thread: positive blood test

kmay Guest

Default positive blood test

I had a positive blood test yesterday with an hcg level of 14. I took an hpt last night and this morning and had positive lines on both. Both were faint but clearly visible. I am going for blood work in the morning. The nurse told me to just wait to get excited because the hcg was so low. Has anyone ever had this happen. We have been ttc for over two years and it's hard to believe I could actually be pregnant. Also, I have had like 15 nosebleeds in the past week. And a weird rash that looks like welts for a week. Has anyone ever had these as early pregnancy signs?

Nosebleeds with my first and now my second pregnancy. All before a positive test. Only ones I've ever had.

Don't know anything about hcg levels. Good luck!
    Married 7/10/04.

Blog Entries

A starting level of 14 is just fine. What matters is the doubling time during early pregnancy. The doctor is having you do more blood work to make sure that the doubling time is good.
    Jessica (32) and Ryan (32). Madelyn born August 5, 2009; Malachi born December 23, 2010 and Nathaniel born July 19, 2013. Lost a loved baby 02/29/12, 05/14/12 and 07/05/12 all due a serious allergic reaction to fabric softener.
    Check out our business, JRSolutions.

My first HcG count with my first little guy was 24 -- and I was told the same thing. Unfortunately you just have to wait and see if the numbers rise the way they should.

I hope you see a rise in your numbers! Make sure they check them 48 hours apart and if they're doubling you're good to go!

As long as they are doubling you should definitely be good to go , my doc told me this too. GL with your next blood work!
    DH:29 Me:25 TTC: #1 ;) M/C: 07/2012 <3

Good things come in small packages...