Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Early Pregnancy signs/symptoms

Well I took two tests this weekend and they both came back negative I guess I have to wait another week to test b/c i still keep having these symptoms, can a stomach virus cause someone to have some of the same symptoms as pregnancy?

Red face

It has been days since my AF stopped and I started spotting this morning it is like a brownish color, I still have nausea, slight dizziness, slight headaches that come and go and cramping but I took the pregnancy test and I got a BFN any ideas?

Exclamation Please tell me I'm not pregnant.

I don't know if I could be pregnant. I have gotten headaches the last few days, and i had heartburn for 4 days for no apparent reason. And usually after I eat something I wouldn't normally have my stomach goes really weird and I get nauseous. I've also been slightly moody. I get upset quicker than I normally would. We're really careful though because we're not ready for kids yet. Never once has he ejaculated in me, he always pulls out. I'm still a week and a half from my period. Would symptoms of being pregnant show up this early? I'm scared. Someone please tell me I'm just being paranoid and I'm not pregnant.

Smile

May still be too early to pick up the hCG hormone that indicates pregnancy.
    Or you are stressed about possibly pregnancy, you are causing yourself to have "phantom symptoms".

Thx for your reply. I'm not stressing over it I was just wondering b/c some of these things are not normal for me If I am i'll be happy if i'm not then it's ok also, dissapointed, but it'd be ok but i'm not stressing over it or anything else at the moment

Hi all! I'm knew to this forum. For the past 10 months, my hubby and I have been having unprotected sex. Not that we were trying, so to speak, but hoping, I guess. Every month comes and goes and my period is right there in tow. (Even right now I'm welling up with tears) My last period was May 24th and today I am entirely exhausted even tho I went to bed at 10pm last night, I'm visiting the bathroom a million times. I have heartburn and my coffee is not agreeing with me too much. I've taken a pregnancy test and it was negative. I'm devastated. I don't know, maybe I just need to vent? I feel like a failure.

Smile

you know, if you got your period on the 24th of May, you should be due again the 21st ish? Anyways, most pregnancy test (or so I've been told) need to be taken 5 days before you're due to even think about telling you that you're pregnant. And even then, its best the day before your due. Mind you it's all what I've heard. Don't give up and feel like a failure. . In good time you'll get pregnant!

Hey, what happen to the PG ladies posting their symptoms? If you have questions, it would be great if you posted your own thread. I would like to read postings from some PG ladies and their symptoms before they found out about their BFP! Thanks!!
    YO 28, DH 30 ~ TTC #1 since 10/07 ~ Hypo & PCOS
    On charting break!
    Praying for Ktover's & EJ's H&H 9 months!!

Wink *sigh*

Well, all of us on here seems to be in the same boat so I'll just put my input too.
    Where do I start? Ok, to start, I have a 4 1/2 year old little boy and I've been wanting another so if I'm pregnant, I won't be sad.:celebrate:
    That being said, I had a period on 5/5 and then a couple weeks later, I was nauseous, dizzy, headaches, bloated...On 5/29 I stated spotting. This happened for 2 days, then I bled a bit for two days then spotted again for a day and that was it. My headaches, dizziness, body aches got worse, and hear this, my bloating became a rising stomach....LOL Yes, I have a little tummy, I'm nauseous, dizzy, urinating more, leg cramps, slight lower back pains, blurry vision, extra moody and sensitive....and oh yes, my fiance is getting some symptoms also. LOL
    The problem is, I can't a positive urine test for anything. My son's godmother is a sonographer and she said that I probably need to do a blood test or wait to miss my period to get a positive urine. I had this problem with my son but by the time I realised, I was almost 3 months along so the urine test showed up.
    If my calculations are correct, we should be 6 weeks along! In the morning I'm going to do a blood test but I'm scared it would come back negative....but I have a baby tummy! LOL So I would be really scared about what's wrong with me if it DOES come back negative. Does anyone know if it's too early to do a blood test?

If your last period was May 5, and you have normal length cycles, you should be able to get a definitive result now with a blood test. Good luck at the lab/doctor!

I hope so...but I did bleed a bit on 5/29.(not a normal period at all) Would that cause my blood test to be a false negative? Or is it enough time to show wuts up?

You might be, Shayla. When was your last PG and stuff?

Hi ladies! I've really enjoyed discovering this forum! All of your discussions have really helped to answer some burning questions I've had, but were either too afraid to ask, or didn't know who to ask.

I've never been pregnant before, and have wanted to be a mommy for some time now. My fiance and I have been having unprotected sex for over a year, but the difficulty has been that he has a very hard time ejaculating inside of me. Well, we had a couple really fun days at the beginning of this month that actually surprised us both, in that he was able to cum inside of me multiple times! I didn't really think much of it, until about a week ago when I started to feel "off". My last period ended on May 26th, and I'm not really sure if I have mine every 28 days or longer, since I've never really tracked before. After taking the online quiz someone provided earlier in this thread, I discovered that when we had sex was during my ovulation time frame. If I go by the 28 day cycle that would put my next period around June 23rd. However, in the past week or so I have had the following symptoms:

* change in appetite (as in I'm STARVING all the time)
    * excessive urination
    * headaches, more than normal
    * heartburn (I hardly ever get heartburn)
    * stomach cramping and more than usual gasiness
    * lower (similar to period) cramping
    * lower back ache, especially when lying down
    * extreme fatigue (taking lots of naps lately)

Normally I would say that in any other woman, these may be signs of PMS, however I don't experience PMS...at least not before my period begins. I always have my PMS symptoms during my period.

I bought a 3 pack of Early Response HPT's and took one on tuesday, which had a negative result. I was going to wait until monday the 23rd to see if my period actually comes before taking another test, however I'm really ancy and my cramping and back aches have been getting more frequent, so I think I'm gonna test again tomorrow morning, using the first morning urine. I guess I just wanted to share my experiences and symptoms with this community and please say a little prayer for a double line (positive) result for us! Thanks for being here ladies!

svaleriana Guest

ok, so maybe somebody can help me my last period came may 30th, we had intercourse around the 10th to the 17th of june not protected I started having some cramps not really bad cramps but I could feel them...know is June 22nd and I am still having cramps lbut this time they feel ike my period is coming which should be here on the 27th or 28th...could I be prego...ohhh my cramps started around the 16th...my breast dont hurt at all...

Hey guys, did y'all miss me? LOL Well, I've been on here everyday but just reading what everyone was saying. I have some questions though...

My stomach is hot...LOL It seems to have its own heating system. It's a different temp from my body. Also, can anyone else feel hard stuff around their navel? LOL Sounds weird but I'm serious.

And I'm cramping. I've heard everyone say they are cramping and I kept laughing and saying ha-ha not meeeee....now I'm cramping. It blows because I don't even cramp for AF.

At least I'm not as gassy as I was...I was getting tired holding those things in at work! LOL My body feels crazy...out of whack...Oh and DF dreamt that he was taking care of twins...*God help me* Both his parents have twins in their family! LOL

Can anyone tell me what the probability is of being pregnant and having what i thought was AF for one day red but less than usual not even enough for one pad, crampy too then brown discharge the next day, no cramps, I normally bleed for at least 3 days. If I ovulated a little late I may have been 12DPO on the 21st (day of AF), I'm trying not to build up my hopes its just really strange!
    Make an ovulation ticker
    Me-35,DH-36,DS-16,DD-15.TTC for 15 months, m/c @ 4w 5d Dec'07 and fibroids.

Aiight update...... Haven't seen AF and my lower back is KILLING ME! Especially at night. I be cramping a little but not as much as Sunday. Yesterday I had a headache for the entire day regardless of what I did, it did not stop until I went to bed last night.
    DF and I BDed twice last night and this morning I went to da bathroom and wiped and there was a little blood...brown...but blood. But I just went to da bathroom at work and there's nothing...not even when I wiped! Dunno...whatever....I have never had to be this patient EVER, and I need an award after this. LOL

My DF and I decided no more BDing until we know what's going on. He's soooooo positive and I just wanna curl up in the fetal position and cry! :sleep:LOL

Your DF sounds like a really sweet and supportive man! I'm very happy for you and good luck with the waiting game. I'm right there with ya and am getting REALLY impatient!

Shleibert, when was your last period? When are you due to have your next one?

Is your bleeding really light or a darker or lighter color than normal?

mandy Guest

Default Same issues??????

I am new to this, so please forgive me if I did something wrong. I am going through the same thing. My period is very regular. I know when it is coming on and it is the same way every month, however it is different this time. I cycle came on after 18 days???? At least I thought it was. It just "showed up" and the next day I felt cramps (which is normal). I took a couple Advil and pressed on. It lasted for 2 days and was extremely light. It went off for a couple days and then I stared spotting. Normally once my cycle comes on the breast tenderness goes away and I feel fine. My breast are still sore and my nipples are more sensitive than normal. Moodiness is an understatement. I have been extremely cranky. I want to sleep all the time, however I don't sleep well. After reading some of these posts, I am wondering.....has anyone ever experienced this or is it all in my head? BTW....haven't taken birth control in YEARS!

Quote Originally Posted by dani19 View Post
    I don't know if I'm pregant or not. I started bleeding a week before my period is due it was very light because usually I go through 6 tampons a day when my regular period come and I only used a total of 4 tampons in two days. My next period is May 29th and I'm regular every month. The symptoms that I have been getting are:

• Weird Craving
    • Missed period
    • Tiredness
    • Moody (sometimes)
    • Breast Tenderness
    • Headaches (sometimes)
    • Nasea (in the morning and night time)

Quote Originally Posted by essah View Post
    hi,
    i am essah..
    i just wanna know what is the earliest sign that a woman is pregnant?

many thanks...
    It can vary from woman to woman, however a doctor will tell you the first sign of a pregnancy is a missed period. Are you having any other symptoms?

This thread has gotten way off track. Isn't this suppose to be for ladies who are or have been pregnant to post their symptoms and early signs, not for posting questions?
    Marilyn- Mommy to Connor, Cody and 3 angels

Quote Originally Posted by Callycat View Post
    This thread has gotten way off track. Isn't this suppose to be for ladies who are or have been pregnant to post their symptoms and early signs, not for posting questions?
    Yes.. it is for posting signs and symptoms but we try to be patient and just redirect the newbies to post their questions in the "Am I pg?" thread.

~
    Last edited by HeresHoping; 07-06-2008 at 10:15 AM. Reason: Feeling hormonal...

Quote Originally Posted by rosered View Post
    I am sorry guys. I am new so I had NO clue where to go to ask my questions. Sorry about that. Didnt mean to confuse anyone or make anyone wonder about why I was here asking questions. But I will say I got my period unfortunatly, took another test today just to be sure cus I read that ppl still hav had theirs when indeeed they were preg and still got a not preg. So oh well. There is always this month. Again sorry everyone. Sorry callycat! Didnt mean to cause confusion. But thank you guys anyways
    Amy
    There's no reason to be sorry. I was just confused because I wanted to check out some info in this thread and I had to go back a few times because I thought I kept opening the wrong thread, lol. I didn't expect to see so many questions posted under this one Sticky. I thought it was started for ladies who are or were preggo basically just listing their first signs and symptoms so others could maybe get an idea of what to be looking for, or what others have experienced in the early pregnancy. After the first couple postings it seemed to go in a different direction . Good luck to you though. Hope you get your BFP soon Amy.
    Marilyn- Mommy to Connor, Cody and 3 angels

I am sorry guys. I am new so I had NO clue where to go to ask my questions. Sorry about that. Didnt mean to confuse anyone or make anyone wonder about why I was here asking questions. But I will say I got my period unfortunatly, took another test today just to be sure cus I read that ppl still hav had theirs when indeeed they were preg and still got a not preg. So oh well. There is always this month. Again sorry everyone. Sorry callycat! Didnt mean to cause confusion. But thank you guys anyways
    Amy
    MY AF WAS DUE JULY 3RD AND IT DIDN'T SHOW I TESTED FOR THREE DAYS AND STILL GOT A BFN UNTIL I TESTED ON JULY 7TH 4 DAYS AFTER I FINALLY GOT MY MY BOYFRIEND WAS XTREMELY EXCITED WHEN HE FOUND OUT SO IT IS POSSIBLE THAT YOU HAVEN'T PRODUCED ENOUGH OF THE HCG HORMONE YET KEEP TESTING AND IF YOU ARE STILL UNSURE THEN GO TO YOUR DOCTOR AND ASK FOR A BLOOD TEST
    Last edited by Ch1K@Na2; 07-08-2008 at 10:54 AM.

I am sorry guys. I am new so I had NO clue where to go to ask my questions. Sorry about that. Didnt mean to confuse anyone or make anyone wonder about why I was here asking questions.
    It REALLY isn't a big problem at all my friend. You're new.. and ya gotta start somewhere. That's why I started your post in a new thread of it's own so you'd get the traffic you needed for it. It's sooo not a problem and nobody is upset about it. Glad you're here.

I just got a BFP today-and I just knew it!

Its hard as far as the symptoms goes because I get a lot of those same symptoms before AF is about to show up.
    But the biggest sign for me was extreme fatigue-like in my bones. tenderness in the boobies along with the occassional headaches.

Im trying not to get too excited because its been a rocky road for my DH and I, but man, I cant help it!

Also, I went to the dollar store and bought a couple boxes of HPT and took 4 of them and they all were BFP

Quote Originally Posted by mandy View Post
    I am new to this, so please forgive me if I did something wrong. I am going through the same thing. My period is very regular. I know when it is coming on and it is the same way every month, however it is different this time. I cycle came on after 18 days???? At least I thought it was. It just "showed up" and the next day I felt cramps (which is normal). I took a couple Advil and pressed on. It lasted for 2 days and was extremely light. It went off for a couple days and then I stared spotting. Normally once my cycle comes on the breast tenderness goes away and I feel fine. My breast are still sore and my nipples are more sensitive than normal. Moodiness is an understatement. I have been extremely cranky. I want to sleep all the time, however I don't sleep well. After reading some of these posts, I am wondering.....has anyone ever experienced this or is it all in my head? BTW....haven't taken birth control in YEARS!

Actually going through something like that

30. Default Could I be pregnant

Ok Ladies,

I have been through this whole am I pregnant thing before and normally almost everytime I know if it's my period but this is completely different. My breast are not sore and tender, I have not been cranky or rude and mean. I have had light headedness and dizzyness almost the whole month. my period was due yesterday and I had some cramping but ususally when period is coming I retain water and have bloating. All the signs of my period coming is not here but yet I keep hearing that pregnancy and period symptoms are the same so I'am confused. The only thing I have been doing a lot of is Crying. The other thing is my husband is eating and sleeping more, he does'nt really care for pizza and last week he wanted to order one I will be going to the doctor tomorrow because I would like to know the cause of the light headedness and dizzyness. I'am only a day late so should I buy a test then go to the doctor or just wait and see the doctor tomorrow. The doctor is not an OB just FP. Not sure if I could be pregnant. What do you all think?
    Last edited by reeree124; 07-23-2008 at 09:58 AM.