Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Early Pregnancy signs/symptoms

Default Early Pregnancy signs/symptoms

Hey ladies!
    Welcome to our newest room here on APA. Should you need a list of early signs and symptoms of pregnancy please click the following link to our homepage where you'll find a helpful list of possibilities to help answer your questions.

http://americanpregnancy.org/getting...ysymptoms.html

My early pregnancy symptoms were at 8DPO, I got heartburn at night. Happened for four straight nights which is very unusual for me. At 10DPO, I got a BFN. 11DPO, same thing. My BFP came on 12DPO. The heartburn went away pretty quickly but the nausea took its place. I also had some cramping. Why I thought this cycle was different was because I cramped for half an hour at 8DPO and I never cramp until I'm in the throws of AF.

My boobs didn't start to get sore until week 6. STILL cramping at 8 weeks and for the most part, it feels EXACTLY like AF cramps. The cramps are due to the uterus stretching.

So, at the time of my BFP, I had:
    heartburn

I did not have:
    sore boobs
    peeing a lot
    nausea
    moodiness
    cravings
    thirsty
    gas

None of those symptoms started until the 6 week mark and they are getting progressively more serious as time goes on.

I found FRER (First Response) gave me the best line out of the three different brands I used. The digital came up + at 12DPO also. The $ store test was also positive (faint) but it was the FRER that came up quickest and left me with no doubt whatsoever.

Hope that helps girl.
    Audrey (38) DH (34), Lilly (DD), Logan (DS). Breastfeeding is more than feeding. It is communication between mother and baby. It is a form of nurturing; it is an act of love.

That help out so much I keep checkin my boobs for soreness arggg so I am going to wait...you have helped me in saving money in the HPT department!!
    Mommy to Andrew & Brayden

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by WELOV View Post
    hi! everyone! i have a question, i have been on depo shots for the past 6 years and my last injection was 12/21/07. i missed my last injection on 03-14-08. as of sunday my boobs have been very sore and intergestion won't give me a break. monday is when the fatigue started, i mean everything i eat makes me want to throwup, but i don't let it happen.( i don't haven't had a period on the depo shot) so what should i do first? thanks in advance
    You should take a test!! I was on depo for like 2 years, and it took me a whole year after getting off of it to get pregnant. I had horrible cycles, lasting anywhere from 30 to 90+ days, so I never knew if I was pregnant or not. It wasn't fun. I went through a lot of pregnancy tests over that year! Also, if you haven't had a period yet, it might not even be time for it to show up on a pregnancy test. I had that happen also. It took 4 weeks of testing before I had a positive!

5. Default

When you mean 2 days after period you mean after if finished or Cd3...I period started april 7th so for me is too early to know if i am pg or not...Have to wait until my next period is due

Born 12/7/10 @7:37pm...5lb 2oz...18 1/2 inches long

Hi, I'm new to this posting stuff. I'm a mother of 2 boys ages 4 and 2. I wasn't supposed to start my period until the 13th May. But have been spotting off and on, which started on Tues 29th Apr but went away on Thurs 1st May, I don't know if I'm pg or if it's something else? Any suggestions or ideas?

It drove me crazy wondering if I was pregnant or not the last two weeks. It turns out I am so I hope this list of symptoms help.

The symptoms started almost right away.

Swollen, tingling breasts
    aversion to coffee
    heartburn the first week and a half after conception
    headaches daily
    weekness/ fatigue
    cramping
    sleepy
    extreme hunger
    don't know if this is a symptom but I've been really thirsty
    about a week after conception I felt sick for about an hour (light headed, dizzy, little nauseous, and crying for no reason)

I hope this helps.
    Last edited by katalina1314; 05-08-2008 at 05:10 AM. Reason: add something

8. Default

Perez fam,

i would take a test if it comes out negative wait a week and if you don't start i would test again.
    Last edited by cbrown122606; 05-08-2008 at 03:15 PM.

Don't forget ladies to start your own thread with questions specific to your situation so that it can get the attention it deserves.
    Audrey (38) DH (34), Lilly (DD), Logan (DS). Breastfeeding is more than feeding. It is communication between mother and baby. It is a form of nurturing; it is an act of love.

Unhappy 2 tests and still confused

Hello,
    This is my first time here. I am a lil worried and i don't have anyone to talk to right now about this. I missed my period so we decided to test. I can't say where i am but i was able to get 2 cheap pregnancy tests. But with these the plus sign means positive and minus means negative. Both of them showed a very solid minus sign and then behind it another not as solid, making it a plus sign. I'm so nervous. My period is now 2 weeks late. I did notice yesterday a slight spotting and now it's a brownish color. i even ordered an EPT test online at drugstore.com so we're hoping that one's certain and then we can take the next step. I don't have any other symptoms though. and another thing was he was told he can't have kids so that's why we're worried. AM I PREGNANT?!
    Last edited by Tulip08; 05-15-2008 at 01:28 AM.

Perez fam.,

The cramping is normal. I had cramping only a few days after conception and I still get cramps (I'm 5 weeks). I wouldn't worry unless the cramps are extreme, but make sure you tell your doctor anyway.

Tulip08,
    As far as I know, it doesn't matter how light the plus sign is it still means your pregnant. Also, spotting can be a sign of pregnancy. Hope you get the result you want.

Quote Originally Posted by katalina1314 View Post
    It drove me crazy wondering if I was pregnant or not the last two weeks. It turns out I am so I hope this list of symptoms help.

The symptoms started almost right away.

Swollen, tingling breasts
    aversion to coffee
    heartburn the first week and a half after conception
    headaches daily
    weekness/ fatigue
    cramping
    sleepy
    extreme hunger
    don't know if this is a symptom but I've been really thirsty
    about a week after conception I felt sick for about an hour (light headed, dizzy, little nauseous, and crying for no reason)

I hope this helps.
    I have had a lot of these symptoms over the past couple of days...Do you think I might be pregnant?

I have been on the birth control pill Loestrin 24 for quite some time and a couple months ago I went off the pill and started it over again in March or April. I am not a very good pill taker and I have forgotten my pills several times not to mention this past month I forgot my first 3 pills and took them all at once to start my pack. My gyno said that this made me ovulate and more fertile because in doing that it pretty much reverses the bc. My last period was on April 28th and went until May 1st. I had unprotected sex on the 2nd of may, 9th of may, and the 11th.....I'm pretty sure I did it when I was ovulating. I bled abnormally for about a week as a side effect of taking the pill wrong. To make a long story short! lol. It is now the 20th of May and I still have not started my period. I realize that sense I am irregular it could be any day, but I am having symptoms of pregnancy such as tender and swollen breast, cramping and lots and lots of headaches, and I am tired all the time. My main concern is the cramping....I am having major lower back pain like I'm going to start but kind of worse and my legs are cramping ALOT! Is this a normal symptom? Has anyone who has been pregnant had Leg cramps and bad backaches this early? If I am pregnant I would only be 3 or 4 weeks along and I have not tested yet. My gyno last week said based on what I have told her about the days I had sex and not takin my pill right there is a 50/50 chance which sounds like a good chance to me! Any help out there? Sorry so long lol please help

I new to this ladies. I dont know if im prego or not bc when i was ovaluating two weeks ago me and bf had unprotected sex and he let go in me. I know that the pregancy symptoms dont show up until 7-10 days after conceiving. I took a pregancy test last week and it gave me a Positive reading and then one day after my period should of started and the test gave me a negative reading. I'm confused there. I've been getting this symptoms for the past week :
    Naseua (in the morning and sometimes in the nightime)
    Tenderness in the boobs
    Spoting Bleeding (very light)
    Tiredness
    Light Cramping
    Missed Period
    ... and a little moody
    Last edited by dani19; 05-23-2008 at 05:31 AM. Reason: spelling error

Default Pregancy Symptoms

I don't know if I'm pregant or not. I started bleeding a week before my period is due it was very light because usually I go through 6 tampons a day when my regular period come and I only used a total of 4 tampons in two days. My next period is May 29th and I'm regular every month. The symptoms that I have been getting are:

• Weird Craving
    • Missed period
    • Tiredness
    • Moody (sometimes)
    • Breast Tenderness
    • Headaches (sometimes)
    • Nasea (in the morning and night time)

here is what is going on with me....

period on 23-28 Apr

bd on 4 May

what appeared to be a light period on 16-19 May (no tampons)

nausea

headaches

lower back aches

bowel issues

frequent urination

fatigue

moody

So who knows what is going on with me!
    One DH (40), one DSS (16), one DS (9), four dogs, and almost 100 chickens!

Quote Originally Posted by rachie0920 View Post
    I am soo anxious. I tried to concieve on April 6th, which is two days after my period. I havent gotten my period yet. Is it possible for me to be pregnant?
    I'm not sure if you would have been Oing at 2 days after your AF... It depends on when O. Do you know when u usually do this?

Ok, so I don't normally post in this forum, but since I am TTC I figured why not? I have mainly been apart of the OV watch user forum, and I am on my 2ww. I am hoping that the Ov-Watch works for me being that it was my first time wearing it and a lot of women have gotten BFP after using it!!! I last AF was May 12th with the watch telling me that my FD1,2,3,4 (Fertile days) were May 22-25th & that my O day was the 26th. Well me & DH on the 22 & 24th!!!

I am now 9DPO, and I having the following symptoms:

So as of 6/3/08:

Sore Breast- since 5/28
    Frequent headaches- all my life but more often since 5/27
    Burping (heartburn)- since 5/30
    Cramps-6/3
    Tired- but I'm sort of lazy so I don't know about this one...

Burping: I thought that it was wierd because it started this passed Friday as I was driving from Florida 2 Atlanta with my DH. Anyway, I couldn't stop burping for some reason. I figured that it was just gas from whatever I ate, but everytime I ate something, I couldn't stop burping. And if you're thinking so what about burping... well, I'm not really a burper, so to be constantly burping is something to me. I didn't think about it then, but after reading some other symptoms on this forum, I saw that heartburn is a symptom, and that's what happens to me when I have heartburn- I BURP A LOT and have this gassy feeling in my diaphram area.

Cramping: So this one could be a symptom or it could be a sign that AF is soon 2 come.... Not sure yet . Ok, so I'm about to give you :tmi:...... I always know when my period is coming because after I have a bowel movement I have cramping. It's like the bowel movement hides my pain or something, so everytime its around that time of the month, I have a bowel movement and I know. So this morning, I had a bowel movement, and sure enough CRAMPS !!! Now the first thing I thought was GREAT the watch & I are going to be partners again this month, but then I remembered that with my last pregnancy that I have major cramps then too but I was PREGNANT!!! Except those cramp were in my lower back where they shouldn't be when your pregnant, and the ones that I had today were in the lower tummy area..... where AF lets me know that she's coming.

Oh by the way, I think that the prenatal vitamins might be what has been causing the headaches... :anyone: else having headaches that are taking prenatal?

Default Pregnancy Symptoms

Ok, so I found this list of pregnancy symptoms that I figured could help a lot of us. Now remember that pregnancy & AF symptoms are VERY much a like...
    The symptoms are listed by the weeks:

The First Trimester: Week 1 - Week 12

Lower abdominal cramps.
    Food cravings.
    Nausea or "Morning sickness" - 3-10 weeks after conception.
    Tender, swollen breasts - 3-4 weeks after conception.
    Your nipples and the area around the nipples get darker and wider.
    Frequent urination.
    Fatigue and tiredness - 3-10 weeks after conception.
    You may have heartburn and constipation - along with headaches.
    Mood swings.

Each Symptom of Pregnancy in Detail

Cravings for Particular Foods
    Desiring particular or unusual types of food is a well known pregnancy symptom. About 85 percent of women report at least one food craving during pregnancy.

Implantation Cramping and Spotting
    Following ovulation by 8 days, women may experience cramping and slight spotting - caused by the recent implantation of the egg in the uterine lining.

Frequent Urination
    Following implantation, frequent urination is a common symptom.

Fatigue, Headaches, and Heartburn - and Morning Sickness
    For many women, early symptoms of pregnancy can be a bit perturbing. Fatigue is common, as are headaches and heartburn. And then there is morning sickness - the second most well know pregnancy symptoms after "food cravings". Increases in progesterone can also cause feelings of tiredness.

Basal Body Temperature
    If you are charting your Basal Body Temperature, and your BBT remains high - and continues to remain high for 15 days or more without a period - this is a clear symptom of pregnancy.

hCG Testing
    Home Pregnancy Tests are available online and at your drugstore. A positive result will confirm your suspicions! Some FDA approved tests (available online) allow you to determine pregnancy as early as 7-10 days past ovulation.

Also there was this "Think you Might Be Pregnant" test that I thought that might help: http://www.ovulation-calculator.com/...nancy-test.php

If you take the test, talk about your results.

My results stated:

Here are the results of your online pregnancy test!
    You had intercourse during your most fertile time of the month (within 4 days of your projected ovulation date of 05/26/2008). Sex during this time of month is particularly likely to result in pregnancy.

Since no form of birth control was used, your odds of pregnancy are considerably higher.

You indicate that you are 27 years old. Women in your age group have the highest fertility rates as a result of having a greater number of eggs in their ovaries.

You indicate you have been experiencing Lower abdominal cramps, Frequent urination, Fatigue and tiredness, Heartburn. These can be symptoms of early pregnancy.

Smile Pregnant while menstruating?

This is my first time on this site i had unprotected sex with my boyfriend may 25 and about 5 times since then it is only June 3 and during that timeframe i have had cramps, nausea, dizziness, headaches, my breast are tender and I just got my period today but it is usually very heavy and I go through approximatly 5 pads per day. I have not even halfway filled one today is it possible that I could be pregnant?

You had intercourse during your most fertile time of the month (within 4 days of your projected ovulation date of 05/27/2008). Sex during this time of month is particularly likely to result in pregnancy.

Since no form of birth control was used, your odds of pregnancy are considerably higher.

You indicate that you are 23 years old. Women in your age group have the highest fertility rates as a result of having a greater number of eggs in their ovaries.

You indicate you have been experiencing Lower abdominal cramps, Food cravings, Nausea, Fatigue and tiredness, Heartburn, Mood swings. These can be symptoms of early pregnancy.

Click here to Buy Early-Detection Pregnancy Tests - Free Shipping!

I TOOK THE ONLINE PREGNANCY TEST AND THESE WERE THE RESULTS BUT I AM VERY CONFUSED BECAUSE LIKE I STATED BEFORE I AM MENSTRUATING SO IS IT POSSIBLE TO STILL BE PREGNANT?

Quote Originally Posted by Ch1K@Na2 View Post
    You had intercourse during your most fertile time of the month (within 4 days of your projected ovulation date of 05/27/2008). Sex during this time of month is particularly likely to result in pregnancy.

You indicate that you are 23 years old. Women in your age group have the highest fertility rates as a result of having a greater number of eggs in their ovaries.

You indicate you have been experiencing Lower abdominal cramps, Food cravings, Nausea, Fatigue and tiredness, Heartburn, Mood swings. These can be symptoms of early pregnancy.

Click here to Buy Early-Detection Pregnancy Tests - Free Shipping!

I TOOK THE ONLINE PREGNANCY TEST AND THESE WERE THE RESULTS BUT I AM VERY CONFUSED BECAUSE LIKE I STATED BEFORE I AM MENSTRUATING SO IS IT POSSIBLE TO STILL BE PREGNANT?

I'm not sure what 2 say about your situation. Now I have heard that some woman can still have a period while pregnant, but I think its more of a spotting bleeding type of thing. I would wait a few days to see if you continue with the AF. I know sometimes that when my AF comes on its very light at first then picks up in the later days.

Smile To Sexyslm

Thank You for your response I've heard that also that it is usually only spotting but I have never had a light AF so it's very strange well I will do as you said wait a few days to see if it continues Thank You

Thank You for your response I've heard that also that it is usually only spotting but I have never had a light AF so it's very strange well I will do as you said wait a few days to see if it continues Thank You
    No problem!!!

Quote Originally Posted by wallsyburd View Post
    hi everyone.....my period was the 7th a may and a had intercourse on the 14th of may and then on the 27th of may a went to the toliet and saw brown spotting was only tht ones and it was big and horrible never had this b4.........ive had a alot a cramp since then on and off and a was due my period today but never got it......ive got cold with a on and off runny noise worse at night feel tired, sick, sore boobs running to the toliet and my head is doing over time could a be pregant?????? please help
    I say if your AF doesn't come on tmw then test. If BFN, then wait a week and then test again. Your symptoms could be due to pregnancy or just your AF is just being a pain and coming late.

Default pregnant while menstruating

My Af Did Not Pick Up It Got Even Lighter And Today I Don't Have It Anymore Which Is Not Normal I Usually Have It Approximately 7 Days And It Has Only Been 3. Need Advise Please

My Af Did Not Pick Up It Got Even Lighter And Today I Don't Have It Anymore Which Is Not Normal I Usually Have It Approximately 7 Days And It Has Only Been 3. Need Advise Please

Have you been stressed out lately? Sometimes your AF can be shorted than usually or not come at all due to a high level of stress. If you want to be put at ease you can go ahead and test. If BFN, then wait a week, test again just 2 be sure. If BFN after the week, I would think that you're in the clear.

I did a lil' research before sending this out and I read that it could be to several things such as stress, medicines that you are taking, and not eating enough. Do any of these apply to you? If not, I would do as I noted before. However, if this happens again for your next cycle, I would speak to my GYN about it.

Hope this helps.

Smile

I hardly ever eat a lot but i've always been that way and my cycle has never whacked out like that i'm not stressing over anything right now and i am not on any medications at the moment so i guess i will take a test this weekend and see what happens thx

Quote Originally Posted by DeadlyKungFuLady View Post
    ~~Am I just paranoid or have any of you felt this stuff THIS early???
    Me!! My DH thinks that maybe because I want to be pregnant that my mind is creating all of these symptoms (way to be encouraging, there, Hubby!) but some of them I didn't even know could be signs of pregnancy until after I started having them. Day of conception should have been about a week ago and already I've been having:
    - AF-like cramps all week (very unusual - I usually only start getting cramps the day or two before AF is due)
    - short, sharp headaches all day long
    - very nauseous, especially right after I eat anything
    - very tired; going to bed early, waking up at the last possible minute, taking huge naps when I get home from work
    - some bowel issues
    - a little more heartburn than usual

Anyway, I have serious baby fever and am dying to be pregnant. I know it's too early to test, but I've got two ready to go and I have to fight the temptation to use one every morning. The 2ww is killing me! Glad I'm not the only one with early symptoms. Hopefully it's not AF gone crazy!

:pray:for faye1218 BFP! Me: Jessi DH: Zach LO: due Feb '09!