Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Early Pregnancy signs/symptoms

Hybrid View

Default Early Pregnancy signs/symptoms

Hey ladies!
    Welcome to our newest room here on APA. Should you need a list of early signs and symptoms of pregnancy please click the following link to our homepage where you'll find a helpful list of possibilities to help answer your questions.

http://americanpregnancy.org/getting...ysymptoms.html

My early pregnancy symptoms were at 8DPO, I got heartburn at night. Happened for four straight nights which is very unusual for me. At 10DPO, I got a BFN. 11DPO, same thing. My BFP came on 12DPO. The heartburn went away pretty quickly but the nausea took its place. I also had some cramping. Why I thought this cycle was different was because I cramped for half an hour at 8DPO and I never cramp until I'm in the throws of AF.

My boobs didn't start to get sore until week 6. STILL cramping at 8 weeks and for the most part, it feels EXACTLY like AF cramps. The cramps are due to the uterus stretching.

So, at the time of my BFP, I had:
    heartburn

I did not have:
    sore boobs
    peeing a lot
    nausea
    moodiness
    cravings
    thirsty
    gas

None of those symptoms started until the 6 week mark and they are getting progressively more serious as time goes on.

I found FRER (First Response) gave me the best line out of the three different brands I used. The digital came up + at 12DPO also. The $ store test was also positive (faint) but it was the FRER that came up quickest and left me with no doubt whatsoever.

Hope that helps girl.
    Audrey (38) DH (34), Lilly (DD), Logan (DS). Breastfeeding is more than feeding. It is communication between mother and baby. It is a form of nurturing; it is an act of love.

3. Default

Hey everyone!

So I'm not sure if I am actually pregnant, but I've had the worst heartburn for the past three days and I never get heartburn, like, ever. I've also had backaches and I've been very tired and moody.

I have never had a regular period so it's hard for me to tell if I've missed one or not but these are very odd symptoms. I know it's very possible and the time frame would make sense. I haven't had any other symptoms really, do you think I could be pregnant?

Sorry, I've never been pregnant before, so I have no idea what to look for and I don't really have anybody to talk to about it. I'd love to get some feedback. Thanks a bunch ladies!
    Last edited by JayJay320; 08-24-2008 at 01:33 PM. Reason: adding stuff

happygirl19 Guest

hi girls im kinda new at this!!!! but iam concerned!!!....i mean it could be like really early for me to know if iam really pregnant, since my period starts until the 19th of dec, but i have not been feeling any of the early pregnancy syptoms....so yall think that is because its too soon or is it because im just plain not pregnant? I know this quietion could be like so straight forward but im worried!!! and i just dont want to be disappointed at the end of the road!:-( (hope yall understad!)

so please help me with any experienced or nonexperienced advise that yall may have....When is it when i should start feeling all these symptoms? how far into my pregnancy?

Thank you all...

Quote Originally Posted by TTC_Orlando View Post
    My early pregnancy symptoms were at 8DPO, I got heartburn at night. Happened for four straight nights which is very unusual for me. At 10DPO, I got a BFN. 11DPO, same thing. My BFP came on 12DPO. The heartburn went away pretty quickly but the nausea took its place. I also had some cramping. Why I thought this cycle was different was because I cramped for half an hour at 8DPO and I never cramp until I'm in the throws of AF.

My boobs didn't start to get sore until week 6. STILL cramping at 8 weeks and for the most part, it feels EXACTLY like AF cramps. The cramps are due to the uterus stretching.

So, at the time of my BFP, I had:
    heartburn

I did not have:
    sore boobs
    peeing a lot
    nausea
    moodiness
    cravings
    thirsty
    gas

None of those symptoms started until the 6 week mark and they are getting progressively more serious as time goes on.

I found FRER (First Response) gave me the best line out of the three different brands I used. The digital came up + at 12DPO also. The $ store test was also positive (faint) but it was the FRER that came up quickest and left me with no doubt whatsoever.

Hope that helps girl.
    Well I am due for my cycle on Sun 2/29/09 took a test on Thursday BFN...but just have been extremely tired and have heart burn everyday for the past 4 or 5 days...so maybe there is hope..lol...Im not taking another test until Sunday when Im suppose to get my cycle..keep your fingers crossed for me...my breast hurt at times kinda hard to explain the feeling...noticed my nipples are darker almost a purple color which is not normal and seem larger...we will see....your story gave me hope cause after the BFN I was like nope not this month my DH said he thinks I need to wait to see if I get my cycle..so i will try again......
    Tiffany

Quote Originally Posted by trb519 View Post
    Well I am due for my cycle on Sun 2/29/09 took a test on Thursday BFN...but just have been extremely tired and have heart burn everyday for the past 4 or 5 days...so maybe there is hope..lol...Im not taking another test until Sunday when Im suppose to get my cycle..keep your fingers crossed for me...my breast hurt at times kinda hard to explain the feeling...noticed my nipples are darker almost a purple color which is not normal and seem larger...we will see....your story gave me hope cause after the BFN I was like nope not this month my DH said he thinks I need to wait to see if I get my cycle..so i will try again......
    Tiffany
    Maybe if it were a leap year hunni
    Make an ovulation ticker
    Me-35,DH-36,DS-16,DD-15.TTC for 15 months, m/c @ 4w 5d Dec'07 and fibroids.

Quote Originally Posted by Jen.x. View Post
    Maybe if it were a leap year hunni
    lol...oops meant 3/1/09

That help out so much I keep checkin my boobs for soreness arggg so I am going to wait...you have helped me in saving money in the HPT department!!
    Mommy to Andrew & Brayden

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by WELOV View Post
    hi! everyone! i have a question, i have been on depo shots for the past 6 years and my last injection was 12/21/07. i missed my last injection on 03-14-08. as of sunday my boobs have been very sore and intergestion won't give me a break. monday is when the fatigue started, i mean everything i eat makes me want to throwup, but i don't let it happen.( i don't haven't had a period on the depo shot) so what should i do first? thanks in advance
    You should take a test!! I was on depo for like 2 years, and it took me a whole year after getting off of it to get pregnant. I had horrible cycles, lasting anywhere from 30 to 90+ days, so I never knew if I was pregnant or not. It wasn't fun. I went through a lot of pregnancy tests over that year! Also, if you haven't had a period yet, it might not even be time for it to show up on a pregnancy test. I had that happen also. It took 4 weeks of testing before I had a positive!

10. Default

When you mean 2 days after period you mean after if finished or Cd3...I period started april 7th so for me is too early to know if i am pg or not...Have to wait until my next period is due

Born 12/7/10 @7:37pm...5lb 2oz...18 1/2 inches long

Hi, I'm new to this posting stuff. I'm a mother of 2 boys ages 4 and 2. I wasn't supposed to start my period until the 13th May. But have been spotting off and on, which started on Tues 29th Apr but went away on Thurs 1st May, I don't know if I'm pg or if it's something else? Any suggestions or ideas?

It drove me crazy wondering if I was pregnant or not the last two weeks. It turns out I am so I hope this list of symptoms help.

The symptoms started almost right away.

Swollen, tingling breasts
    aversion to coffee
    heartburn the first week and a half after conception
    headaches daily
    weekness/ fatigue
    cramping
    sleepy
    extreme hunger
    don't know if this is a symptom but I've been really thirsty
    about a week after conception I felt sick for about an hour (light headed, dizzy, little nauseous, and crying for no reason)

I hope this helps.
    Last edited by katalina1314; 05-08-2008 at 05:10 AM. Reason: add something

Quote Originally Posted by katalina1314 View Post
    It drove me crazy wondering if I was pregnant or not the last two weeks. It turns out I am so I hope this list of symptoms help.

The symptoms started almost right away.

Swollen, tingling breasts
    aversion to coffee
    heartburn the first week and a half after conception
    headaches daily
    weekness/ fatigue
    cramping
    sleepy
    extreme hunger
    don't know if this is a symptom but I've been really thirsty
    about a week after conception I felt sick for about an hour (light headed, dizzy, little nauseous, and crying for no reason)

I hope this helps.
    I have had a lot of these symptoms over the past couple of days...Do you think I might be pregnant?

I have been on the birth control pill Loestrin 24 for quite some time and a couple months ago I went off the pill and started it over again in March or April. I am not a very good pill taker and I have forgotten my pills several times not to mention this past month I forgot my first 3 pills and took them all at once to start my pack. My gyno said that this made me ovulate and more fertile because in doing that it pretty much reverses the bc. My last period was on April 28th and went until May 1st. I had unprotected sex on the 2nd of may, 9th of may, and the 11th.....I'm pretty sure I did it when I was ovulating. I bled abnormally for about a week as a side effect of taking the pill wrong. To make a long story short! lol. It is now the 20th of May and I still have not started my period. I realize that sense I am irregular it could be any day, but I am having symptoms of pregnancy such as tender and swollen breast, cramping and lots and lots of headaches, and I am tired all the time. My main concern is the cramping....I am having major lower back pain like I'm going to start but kind of worse and my legs are cramping ALOT! Is this a normal symptom? Has anyone who has been pregnant had Leg cramps and bad backaches this early? If I am pregnant I would only be 3 or 4 weeks along and I have not tested yet. My gyno last week said based on what I have told her about the days I had sex and not takin my pill right there is a 50/50 chance which sounds like a good chance to me! Any help out there? Sorry so long lol please help

Quote Originally Posted by DeadlyKungFuLady View Post
    ~~Am I just paranoid or have any of you felt this stuff THIS early???
    Me!! My DH thinks that maybe because I want to be pregnant that my mind is creating all of these symptoms (way to be encouraging, there, Hubby!) but some of them I didn't even know could be signs of pregnancy until after I started having them. Day of conception should have been about a week ago and already I've been having:
    - AF-like cramps all week (very unusual - I usually only start getting cramps the day or two before AF is due)
    - short, sharp headaches all day long
    - very nauseous, especially right after I eat anything
    - very tired; going to bed early, waking up at the last possible minute, taking huge naps when I get home from work
    - some bowel issues
    - a little more heartburn than usual

Anyway, I have serious baby fever and am dying to be pregnant. I know it's too early to test, but I've got two ready to go and I have to fight the temptation to use one every morning. The 2ww is killing me! Glad I'm not the only one with early symptoms. Hopefully it's not AF gone crazy!

:pray:for faye1218 BFP! Me: Jessi DH: Zach LO: due Feb '09!

Well I took two tests this weekend and they both came back negative I guess I have to wait another week to test b/c i still keep having these symptoms, can a stomach virus cause someone to have some of the same symptoms as pregnancy?

Smile

May still be too early to pick up the hCG hormone that indicates pregnancy.
    Or you are stressed about possibly pregnancy, you are causing yourself to have "phantom symptoms".

Thx for your reply. I'm not stressing over it I was just wondering b/c some of these things are not normal for me If I am i'll be happy if i'm not then it's ok also, dissapointed, but it'd be ok but i'm not stressing over it or anything else at the moment

Hi ladies! I've really enjoyed discovering this forum! All of your discussions have really helped to answer some burning questions I've had, but were either too afraid to ask, or didn't know who to ask.

I've never been pregnant before, and have wanted to be a mommy for some time now. My fiance and I have been having unprotected sex for over a year, but the difficulty has been that he has a very hard time ejaculating inside of me. Well, we had a couple really fun days at the beginning of this month that actually surprised us both, in that he was able to cum inside of me multiple times! I didn't really think much of it, until about a week ago when I started to feel "off". My last period ended on May 26th, and I'm not really sure if I have mine every 28 days or longer, since I've never really tracked before. After taking the online quiz someone provided earlier in this thread, I discovered that when we had sex was during my ovulation time frame. If I go by the 28 day cycle that would put my next period around June 23rd. However, in the past week or so I have had the following symptoms:

* change in appetite (as in I'm STARVING all the time)
    * excessive urination
    * headaches, more than normal
    * heartburn (I hardly ever get heartburn)
    * stomach cramping and more than usual gasiness
    * lower (similar to period) cramping
    * lower back ache, especially when lying down
    * extreme fatigue (taking lots of naps lately)

Normally I would say that in any other woman, these may be signs of PMS, however I don't experience PMS...at least not before my period begins. I always have my PMS symptoms during my period.

I bought a 3 pack of Early Response HPT's and took one on tuesday, which had a negative result. I was going to wait until monday the 23rd to see if my period actually comes before taking another test, however I'm really ancy and my cramping and back aches have been getting more frequent, so I think I'm gonna test again tomorrow morning, using the first morning urine. I guess I just wanted to share my experiences and symptoms with this community and please say a little prayer for a double line (positive) result for us! Thanks for being here ladies!

Mystic194 Guest

Default I dont know!!!

I have no idea if im pregnant...
    I am:
    having head aches more often
    feeling uncomfortable more
    feeling hungrier more often
    feeling more moodier
    feeling dizzier
    geeting heart burn a lot
    burping a lot
    I also have realized that my stomach hurts a lil when i touch it lightly. <--- dont know if thats a symptom..
    I also didnt miss my period, but it was wayyyy lighter than it ever has been!
    If anyone has any suggestions or ideas that could help me, they would be greatly appreciated...

atoya raspberry Guest

Default please help

i dont know if im pregnant ive been nausea the last week are so, I havent had my period since july 21, after i had unprotected sex like 2 days after i started bleeding kind of heavy and it wasn't even time for my period, so sunday aug.21 i started spotting and it was discolored and lasted not even a whole day now nothing.ive been sick at my stomach cant eat tired just need some advice!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by atoya raspberry View Post
    i dont know if im pregnant ive been nausea the last week are so, I havent had my period since july 21, after i had unprotected sex like 2 days after i started bleeding kind of heavy and it wasn't even time for my period, so sunday aug.21 i started spotting and it was discolored and lasted not even a whole day now nothing.ive been sick at my stomach cant eat tired just need some advice!!!!

Take a test for sure.

adayfromsaturn Guest

I dont know anything about pregnancy.. I had unprotected sex with someone but a cpl days later got my period.. I cant remember if it was spotting Im pretty sure it was a normal period. About a month later around the time I shouldve gotten my period again i noticed it was taking longer than usual but i was experiencing menstrual symptoms. Nothing. I had sex on the day i porbably wouldve expected it but its been ten days now and I still havent gotten a period since the last month.. i went to planned parent hood a cpl days ago but the test was negative however she told me i could be pregnant already frm the second time when i had sex right before my next period.. i am sort of confused. could the test have been wrong?? am i 6 weeks pregnant, 1 week pregnant, or else something else is wrong w me.. i have had mild cramping, my breast are swollen and a bit tender but no bleeding since a month and a half ago. i havent been on birth control for months..

chickennugget Guest

Default I am waiting

Hello everyone. I am new to this sight but have some questions. I am 35 years old (just turned 35 1 week ago) and have 3 children (all girls). I am always regular with my AF. I am 28 days and can tell you I start between 1-3am without fail. I have only been late 3 times since my AF started as a teenager. (my three girls). I am currently 6days late. I have taken 2 tests (1 at 2 days late and one today) and they were negative. They were not first morning pee. I know I need to wait and I will take another test on Tuesday. (this will be a first morning pee) I know for a fact I ovulated and I know they for 10 days (during Ovulation) I have unprotected sex with my husband. I really have no pregnancy symptoms. With my 3 prior children I had many clues to push me to believe I was pregnant. All I have now is:

Increased hunger
    Missed AF
    boating (my pants got extremely tight overnight)
    headaches
    acid reflux
    and watery cm instead of AF
    My smell has also been sensitive

I did not get any AF signs either. Right now I have dull lower back pain that is not like a normal AF sign. It doesnt even hurt. The longer I stand on my feet (working) the more uncomfortable it is. When I sit down it stops.

What do you guys think?????

Also...According to my ovulation charts I more than likely conceved on 1-15-12. On 1-17-12 I came down with a horrible cold (almost flu like) and I am still fighting now.
    Last edited by chickennugget; 02-04-2012 at 12:00 AM. Reason: addtional comments

mshel Guest

Hi, my Symptoms are extreme fatigue, sore and tender breasts, gassy and burping,(which I never do is burp), Last month my AF was 2 days short, and now these symptoms, anyone out there to help with all those, thank you

vanessa lerato nessa Guest

Default pregnant

I don't if I'm pregnant or what,but I've missed my pird & my tummy is too hard,I'm not eating anymore!I'm scared I'm preg

habeebsgirl Guest

Default am i pregant

lhey im 19 years old i had sex no condoms on Mach 11,2012 we used the pull out method. the very net day i took the Next Choice pill. i stressed all the way through the 19 when i took a test that came out negative. i didnt stress until some family found out then i started ti stress more. about 3-4 days later i got my period at first it was a light pink than that night i bleed dark red. now im usualy a very heavy bleeder but i read that the Next Choice pill can make your period come early and make your period light. thats what happened. i have no sysmtpoms at all. the only thing that keeps me thinking i am is that im trying to lose weight and i feel what i keep thinking the curve o my stomach looks like one of a pregant women i had pushed in on my stomach through that week poking at it thinking that helps loose weight. now i just feel like heavy. thats what keeps me thinking i am. could i be?? please reply soon as you can.

Shauna07 Guest

Good afternoon everyone. This is my first pregnancy and I am a bit scared and nervous. Do not know what to expect. I sometimes miss a month becasue of a lazy ovary. So when I missed the second month I took a test and found out I am pregnant. I was reading alot of the post on here and it seems that cramping is normal??? I think I am somewhere between 4-6 weeks... is cramping normal for this time period?? I havent started getting many other symptoms yet like morning sickness, just a little tender in the breast.

Quote Originally Posted by Shauna07 View Post
    Good afternoon everyone. This is my first pregnancy and I am a bit scared and nervous. Do not know what to expect. I sometimes miss a month becasue of a lazy ovary. So when I missed the second month I took a test and found out I am pregnant. I was reading alot of the post on here and it seems that cramping is normal??? I think I am somewhere between 4-6 weeks... is cramping normal for this time period?? I havent started getting many other symptoms yet like morning sickness, just a little tender in the breast.

Yes, cramping is perfectly normal!! I had cramping all throughout my first pregnancy from about 5 weeks to 10 weeks -- I SWORE I was about to get my period... freaked me out It IS normal though!! Congrats and welcome to the forums!

am2575 Guest

Hi everyone...I am very late and have taken two home pregnancy tests, both were positive. I have an appointment to get it confirmed, but I am experiencing very sore breasts and am very sure I am pregnant. My concern is I am experiencing mildly annoying cramping in my lower abdomen which lasts throughout the day...alternating with a heartburn feeling higher up. I am not sure if I should be concerned, if this is normal....this is my first...I am 37 years old and overweight. Just don't know what to expect to feel physically this early on....I estimate myself to be between 3-6 weeks.
    Last edited by am2575; 09-17-2012 at 03:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by am2575 View Post
    Hi everyone...I am very late and have taken two home pregnancy tests, both were positive. I have an appointment to get it confirmed, but I am experiencing very sore breasts and am very sure I am pregnant. My concern is I am experiencing mildly annoying cramping in my lower abdomen which lasts throughout the day...alternating with a heartburn feeling higher up. I am not sure if I should be concerned, if this is normal....this is my first...I am 37 years old and overweight. Just don't know what to expect to feel physically this early on....I estimate myself to be between 3-6 weeks.
    A lot of women experience heart burn and cramps. If there is no blood no worries.