Thread: I need professional advice

Default I need professional advice

Hello,
    I had my last sexual intercorse with my husband on July 28. The day before, I did an ovulation test, and it was positive. Starting August 10, I began experiencing nausea and very strong fatigue. The urine test was negative. On August 14 I had bleeding, but it did not look at al like my periods. It was much less blood and lasted only two days while during my normal periods I bleed for five days. I went to the family doctor and did blood test, but not the higly sensitive one, and it was negative. Since then, I am experiencing very strong nausea, but I do not vomit, constant fatigue, and I became very irritable. Couple of days ago I had bleeding, and again it was very moderate and lasted two days. Today I did a urine test again, and again it was negative. My question is: is there a posibility that I am pregnant?
    Thank you.

I'm not sure what you mean by not a highly sensitive blood tests. As far as I know, there is only one type of blood test that could be done, and the blood test results are the most reliable. Much more reliable than a home pregnancy test. I would say with string certainty that you're not pregnant. Keep trying and I hope you get pregnant very soon!

*strong certainty

Quote Originally Posted by kmrk336 View Post
    I'm not sure what you mean by not a highly sensitive blood tests. As far as I know, there is only one type of blood test that could be done, and the blood test results are the most reliable. Much more reliable than a home pregnancy test. I would say with string certainty that you're not pregnant. Keep trying and I hope you get pregnant very soon!
    I took qualitative, not quantitative blood pregnancy test. Check the reference http://www.babycenter.com/400_can-yo...7241529_707.bc

Thank you! Should I see an OBGyn doctor to confirm?

Qualitative is good for 25 units and up, as your reference says, this can be very accurate after 8-10days past ovualtion, even earlier than if you missed a period. If you were spotting around when you should have had your period you would be about 4wks, and your hcg should be above 25 by then so it would also show on a good pregnancy test as well. When I was 4wks my hcg was 122. I am very sure you are not pregnant but if you want a professional opinion I would see a professional, like an OB/GYN or any family physician, it may be another issue but pregnancy is not really a viable thought with what you have told us. Good Luck though!!!

P.S. I copied this from http://www.early-pregnancy-tests.com...ancy-test.html, It's more reliable and more accurate information than an ask question site as those are opinions and not facts.

The following is a list of blood hCG levels achieved as pregnancy advances (LMP means last menstrual period):
    3 weeks since LMP: 5 - 50 mIU/ml
    4 weeks since LMP: 5 - 426 mIU/ml
    5 weeks since LMP: 18 - 7,340 mIU/ml
    6 weeks since LMP: 1,080 - 56,500 mIU/ml
    7 – 8 weeks since LMP: 7,650 - 229,000 mIU/ml
    9 – 12 weeks since LMP: 25,700 - 288,000 mIU/ml
    13 – 16 weeks since LMP: 13,300 - 254,000 mIU/ml
    17 – 24 weeks since LMP: 4,060 - 165,400 mIU/ml
    25 – 40 weeks since LMP: 3,640 - 117,000 mIU/ml

As you can see there is a huge gap. I would consult your local physician for a more accurate answer but it's unlikely for pregnancy.

Cait[24] & Gene-Paul[28] Dx with PCOS & Left Tube Blocked Dec. '12
    03/22/13

Not to be a buzz kill, but I think when you ask for professional advice, you should go to an OB/GYN. But in my personal advice would be to go see an OB/GYN and see what is going on. You are more than likely NOT pregnant. Good luck.
    Phoebe Grace 6-22-11; 37.5" and 26.2# at 2 years old! She is my wild child!
    Me & Geoff, 40; DD Phoebe, our June Bug

Quote Originally Posted by pumpkinseed2011 View Post
    Not to be a buzz kill, but I think when you ask for professional advice, you should go to an OB/GYN. But in my personal advice would be to go see an OB/GYN and see what is going on. You are more than likely NOT pregnant. Good luck.

Yup
    Karen (28), DF (28), DD (3), DS (2 months)

Beanpop's Fluffy Butt Diapers *GRAND RE-OPENING 3/13*