Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Best toddler words?

My ds loves to eat wackinohny (macaroni) and cheese and loves blueberry looksapops (lolipops). Oh and when he's cold he gets moose-bumps!

Co-sleeping, baby-wearing, bfing, pumping, working ft mama.

Cameron used to call turtles turdurs. That's my favorite.

Blog Entries

My DS is still not quite two, but he calls brooms sweeks!
    Jessica (33) and Ryan (33). Madelyn born August 5, 2009; Malachi born December 23, 2010 and Nathaniel born July 19, 2013. Lost a loved baby 02/29/12, 05/14/12 and 07/05/12 all due a serious allergic reaction to fabric softener.
    My Ovulation Chart , My blog about MCAD

My all time favorite was DD#1 calling slippers fwoodoos, we never figured out why! My 5th called water wannie for the longest time, it was sad when it was gone. My friend's daughter used to say mazagine for magazine.

All so cute, but moose bumps made me lol!
    My 3 yo cuties!

I can never recall the really funny ones when I try, but here are some off the top of my head:

I changed your mind!
    I'm peed... (for I've peed)
    Here I'm goes!
    "Dabt" for milk (still don't have a clue how she got this. She CAN say milk, she just says dabt more often than not)
    "Kotatsu" is pronounced "tatu", which sounds just like tattoo!
    Bumbo is "rainbow"
    Anything with a zoo animal on it is referred to as "Oakland Zoo". Like, animal crackers. "I want to eat dat Oakland Zoo!"

Quote Originally Posted by dana_renay View Post
    I once heard a friend's toddler asking for "lip glop" (lip gloss). I can't wait until DD's vocab starts expanding. Right now, her repertoire consists of hi, bye bye, kitty and dada.

Elle says that too!!!

"Mommy, I want my lips shiny. I want to wear some of that lip glop" LOL She knows now it is lip gloss but I think it is cute that she still calls it that so I think she continues.

She also used to call olives "owls." We'd be in the store and she'd say "Mommy, I want some of those owls, the green ones with the red thingy." I remember I was all confused when she first said it and a lady in the store was like "they have owls here" LOL. It took us about 10 minutes and Elle telling us we had bad ears until we figured out she was speaking of olives.

More recently I took her to vote with me in November and told her we were going to vote. She said "Ohhhhhhh!!! We talked about voting at school. Who are you voting for Mommy - Marack Abama or Mitt Rodney." It was pretty cute. She still calls the president Marack. When she sees his picture she'll tell people "Look, that's the president, it's President Marack Abama." LOL

Erin

These crack me up! Grayson doesn't say a whole lot of actual words yet. The one that comes to mind though that amuses me is when he says "loagie, loagie, loagie" which is doggy, doggy, doggy. It is always in threes too, never just once.

DD was running around half naked this morning and I asked her to go put undies on. She looked at me with the most serious face and said "mom, undies aren't safe!" - no idea where she gets this stuff!!

This one isn't exactly cute, but it is funny. DD doesn't use this any more, but last winter, she pronounced sticks as "****s." Last November we got a wood stove in our new house, and started using firewood. She called the firewood "big ****s." And when she saw DH holding a piece of firewood, she said, "Daddy has a big ****!" Now she just calls the firewood, "wood."

I was just reminded of a really cute thing my DD started saying when she was really little, and has kept saying the same way even as she's gotten older-- ever since she was born I've always snuggled her up tight and told her "I just love you to pieces!!" When she was around 2 she started telling me "I love all your pieces" or "I love you with all my pieces" Her way is so much cuter that we all say it that way now.

Quote Originally Posted by NHKate View Post
    This one isn't exactly cute, but it is funny. DD doesn't use this any more, but last winter, she pronounced sticks as "****s." Last November we got a wood stove in our new house, and started using firewood. She called the firewood "big ****s." And when she saw DH holding a piece of firewood, she said, "Daddy has a big ****!" Now she just calls the firewood, "wood."
    Jeez, it wasn't even a swear word! Replace the "st" in sticks with a "d" and you'll have what she was saying. A piece of firewood was a "big d*ick" instead of a big stick.

Quote Originally Posted by NHKate View Post
    Jeez, it wasn't even a swear word! Replace the "st" in sticks with a "d" and you'll have what she was saying. A piece of firewood was a "big d*ick" instead of a big stick.
    Haha,i figured it out. One of my boys said the same thing!

Josh used to call kitty puke pitty cuke. We thought it was so cute we didn't bother correcting him...LOL

Ah, here's another one...

I try to use the proper terms for body parts, but maybe I take it a bit too far, because I try to use vagina and labia and all individually. I guess Maiya decided that was too hard, because despite my best efforts, she started calling her crotch her "pah pah". It's how she pronounced potty, and somehow she took it from the little potty she was sitting on and applied it to her bits!

Well, it gets even better... Recently, for reasons I absolutely can not fathom, she decided to change "pah pah" to "poppy". And, as all toddlers, she is a bit interested in that whole area. So when I take her diaper off, she loves to announce "There's my poppy!" Luckily, we're usually in private when I change her! And yes, poppy, like poppy seed, not poopy... Don't ask me!

Yeah I've used anatomically correct terms with my boys too, until just recently DS2 couldn't say "penis" properly. So he called it his "peanuts".
    Megan (29) and Jayson (31) Happily married 9 years

My oldest daughter had an umbilical hernia. And 2 older brothers. She called her hernia her "peanuts".

Sonja says:
    Gum = milk (?)
    naynaytz = necklace
    _uck = truck (insert "F" in the space - great toy to play with when Grandma is here, I think it makes her uncomfortable!)
    Joo = juice (especially funny when at the playground where Hasidic Jews hang out and my daughter is screaming, "JOO! JOO!" )
    Caca = poop (our sitter speaks Spanish, so there you go)
    Leigh(36)/Matt(40)/Sonja Lily(4)/Damien Andrew(1.5)

oh, this isnt cute, but it sure is memorable: when cameron was about 18 months she LOVED the backyardigans. Her fav was uniqua, she would scream out her name whenever we saw her, except that she couldnt make the "qua" sounds, she made the "ga" sound instead. Needless to say I avoided backyardigans stuff in public.

Rachael - 24 Cameron 5.5 EDD 03/17/13

Today, we drove out of the "carpin' lot". She will sometimes mispronounce deliberately - "lellow!", then laugh hysterically and say "It's YELLOW, not lellow!". Also, this is the song she's planning to sing on Thursday for their holiday performance in school.

"Do you know where I find peace,
    Where I find peace, where I find peace
    Do you know where I find peace,
    There are monkeys all around (actual: I'm looking all around)

I find peace inside of me,
    Inside of me, inside of me,
    I find peace inside of me
    There are monkeys all around" (actual: That's where peace is found)

Her teachers have been warned.

My four year old still has some good toddlerisms.

When playing a new game or putting a piece of furniture together, we must read the "constructions." If something blows up, it "kasplodes." And he likes to "bemember" things we've done in the past.

DD calls any picture of a cat "titty."

This is not a mispronunciation, but one of those things where we couldn't figure out what she was talking about. Several times recently when we were in the hot tub, Noe has announced that she wants "aqua balls for her nipples." One time she asked for purple balls for her nipples. DH and I have been stumped, and thought it was really weird, but yesterday when she and I were in there, she said it again and I decided to figure it out. Conversation as follows:
    "Mama, I want aqua balls for my nipples."
    What will you do with them on your nipples?
    "I will wear them, of course!"
    What kind of balls do you mean? Do you mean like the balls we have in the house that we play catch with?
    "No! That would be silly!!"
    Ok then. What are the balls you want made out of?
    "They are made of fabric!" (she pronounces fabric like "fathric")
    Ohhh. So - like -- like a bra?
    "YES!!! Like a bra! A bra for swimming! Only aqua! Or purple!"
    (I should probably mention here that while I often wear a bikini in the hot tub, Noe wears either a long sleeved swim shirt if it's sunny, or just bottoms if it's cloudy or evening. She doesn't have any two-piece type swimwear.)

Now I'm wondering, if we buy her a bikini top to wear in the hot tub, if she'll be disappointed that on her it won't look like "balls."
    -- mom to DD1 1/98 and DD2 10/09

Hehe my 4 year old still says "bemember" too. For "bring" he says "brim" He also doesn't say the world "the", instead he says "y" - pronounces it either "ee" or "uh" like a Welsh person. So he'll say something like "Are we going to y store?" Or "I'm going to have y red and blue one."
    Last edited by Dreya; 12-11-2012 at 03:44 PM.
    Megan (29) and Jayson (31) Happily married 9 years