Thread: Wash/disinfect used dipes

Default Wash/disinfect used dipes

I just recd my first used diaper and I wasn't sure how to go about cleaning it (TTO?). Tia!

I use the cycle where they soak in hot water for 30 sec, put detergent and vinegar, rinse twice with cold water. Dry as usual.
    KEVIN (6) & MATTHEW (4)

Blog Entries

I've always just washed as usual. Hot water and detergent is pretty good at getting everything out. I'm really not a fan of using alternative microbial agents when there is a question of safety. When in doubt I always go bleach (I was a microbiologist and bleach always got us 0 CFU with an occasional maybe 1 CFU even when we were using strains at a concentration of 10^6). It will kill everything.
    Jessica (32) and Ryan (32). Madelyn born August 5, 2009; Malachi born December 23, 2010 and Nathaniel born July 19, 2013. Lost a loved baby 02/29/12, 05/14/12 and 07/05/12 all due a serious allergic reaction to fabric softener.
    My Ovulation Chart

I just throw them in with my next load of diapers and do my regular, cold rinse, hot wash w/tto, second rinse. I don't think I've had a new diaper since Savana was still in them so all of mine are used and they've never been hard to clean.
    Last edited by Bridget; 12-03-2012 at 02:42 PM.

Thanks ladies. I just wasnt sure in case there was staph, etc present.