Of DS's birth mom!

I had a dream about her a few nights ago...that she found out where we lived and was hanging around. In my dream I confronted her and told her I knew who she was. At first I was mad but then my heart broke for her and I hugged her. The dream ended there.

I was thinking about it last night and decided to go to Google images and search her name. It showed up on a website of mug shots (drug charges apparently)...I had no idea there are websites like this! The pic is dated a week after we finalized DS's adoption 3yrs ago .

I was shocked...she's not what I expected at all! I guess I was expecting her to look like what my mind has conjured up a repeat drug offender should look like (meth, ecstasy, heroin, and cocaine according to the charges). Please don't criticize me...I'm just being honest.

I can see DS in her...as soon as the photo popped up in the results I knew it was her. I'm going to print it off and put it in DS's file. I'm glad that some day when he's an adult the option will be there for him to see what she looks like...she's very pretty and I'm thankful the image he will have of her is this one (she has a hint of a smile). It may be a mugshot but he's sensitive to the suffering/pain of others and although the circumstances are what they are she looks okay.

Anyway, just wanted to share. It's good to be able to put another piece in the puzzle for DS :-) . He may never be interested in finding his bfamily or knowing about his life before he came to us but the option is there if he does want to know.