Thread: How do I tell DH....

Default How do I tell DH....

That I'm pregnant? It's unplanned. We want a 3rd baby, but wanted to wait 2-3 years. Apparently God had his own plan, . He knows there is a chance I'm pregnant, but I just tested this am and got the bfp. He is out of town and will be back later today. I am anticipating his initial reaction to be disbelief, then a little upset, probably followed by a rant about me getting on BC after this baby or him going to get snipped, then finally some acceptance and excitement. Sooo, I'm trying to figure out a cute way to tell to try to get him in the fun baby mood. If I just sit down and present it as, "we didn't expect this but it happened so try to be happy about it" that won't go over well. So any cute, funny suggestions would be appreciated! Thanks!
    Angela (28) DH, Pat (30) DS Connor (4), DS Leo (2), DS Nathan

Well as my Step mom says sometimes we get surprises from heaven. Maybe you can make a sign for your boys to hold or the oldest one to hold saying something like "Surprises come in cute packages mommy is pregnant
    " and take a picture of it. Or get T-shirts and write big brother coming in...... expected month and take a picture of it.

I made DH a basket with all kinds of cute baby related candy like cry babies, baby Ruth, sour patch kids, sugar daddies...that kind of stuff and then put a bow on my pregnancy test. He loved it. You could buy a cute Christmas basket and let him know you have an early gift.

Mommy to Piper 6/5/09 and an 11/2011
    Make a pregnancy ticker

I would do a 3 part picture frames and put a pic of him holding each of the other babies when they were born, then type something up for the 3rd frame. Like "Picture coming July 2013"? Congrats!

I don't really have any creative ideas, but I just wanted to say Congratulations! You have gotten some cute ideas - I like the picture frame idea

Anne (37) DH (37) Olivia (4) Harrison (1)

Buy him a video game, and put a note that says "I'm pregnant" in it. The awesome item will help reduce his anxiety. LOL
    Dada (27) Mama-Jessie (26) Orion (4) Kadence (2) Osiris (Uterus)

I like the picture frame idea, too. Congratulations!

On a side note, the same thing happened to me 25 years ago. My daughter Erin was a micro-preemie and was still in the hospital when I got pregnant with my youngest, Laura. My husband was NOT pleased, but he definitely came around.
    Lynne, Grandma to three beautiful girls and one handsome little man!

I like all the ideas...congrats!!

Co-sleeping, baby-wearing, bfing, pumping, working ft mama.

My friend had the kids take a picture, and the oldest one had a sign saying "oldest kid" and the youngest had one that said "middle child"....
    Phoebe Grace 6-22-11; 37.5" and 26.2# at 2 years old! She is my wild child!
    Me & Geoff, 40; DD Phoebe, our June Bug

Congratulations!

OMG thats what happened with us, don't feel bad! It is what it is!

Thanks for all the great ideas! We will probably use some for telling our family! For DH I replaced some bottles in a case of wine we recently bought with NA bottles. I brought the case in the kitchen and asked him to them on the wine rack. When he swathe NA ones he asked what they were for and I said, me! He said, really? Show me the test. I did and he took it really well! He did sit down and have a beer after I told him...but he is excited!

Im so glad he took it so well! Congrats! So exciting!

I'm glad he did so well.

I'm glad it went well - congrats again!

Thanks ladies!

Anne-congratulations! I didn't realize you had the baby! I haven't been on here very much lately. How is Olivia adjusting to being a big sister? And you to being a mom of 2?

Congratulations Angela! I'm glad he took it well. It is a wonderful surprise, a blessing! Wow - you and Ash are on #3 and we were all on #1 together in the Dec 2009 DD room! Yeah! I'm just cooking #2!!!!
    Me (34), DH (36), DS1, DS2 & 1 Angel (1/17/2012)

Kirsten , I didn't know you we're pregnant, congratulations! I can't believe our baby's are gonna be 3! What is your due date?

Aw.. glad he took it so well. Congratulations!

Your DH took it better than mine Our youngest was just 14 months...I told him to go to the bathroom to see a surprise (the pregnancy Test). He shut the door and took a hot shower before he came out haha. now he adores his princess baby though!!!!

congrats. my hubby would be overjoyed lol. i have 2 a daughter who will be 6 sunay and a son who will be 5 on the 28th. my hubby has baby fever.. he is begging me to get the IUD removed.. but i dont think so. this mommy doesnt get a break already.. im homeschooling my daughter and my son starts next yr. i cant homeschool 2 lil ones and take care of a baby at the same time. just annt gonna happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Pangie View Post
    Thanks ladies!

Anne-congratulations! I didn't realize you had the baby! I haven't been on here very much lately. How is Olivia adjusting to being a big sister? And you to being a mom of 2?
    Thank you! Harrison decided to come 6 weeks early, so he should really only be about 12 days old but instead he is going to be 8 weeks on Sunday. Olivia is adjusting really well. Just today she said she didn't like it when "Fire Truck Hot Dog" (as she calls him) had to be with the doctor (the NICU) and that she is glad he is home with us