Thread: A Funny Feeling

Hybrid View

Default A Funny Feeling

So here's the low down. Back in Jan I had a miscarriage at 10 weeks. Since March we have been trying on and off due to military training and moves. Since getting established at our new home we have had 1 near miss where I was a week late and then right before Thanksgiving I was having weird cycle symptoms. Like nausea and food aversions, reoccurring migraines, and extreme fatigue. Now, I do have an active 4 yr old so that could account for the fatigue. I never really had that "feeling" with the near misses. I am not due for my next cycle till the 19th of this month, but I woke up in the middle of the night last night and I haven't been able to shake this feeling like something is different. I woke up and the 1st thought that popped into my head was that I was pregnant. I didn't feel that with my son till I was a good month into the pregnancy and I just think it is too early to "feel" anything. My Mom says to listen to the feeling and that my body may know. I am just too worried about having hope and having it swiped out form under me after all this time and everything. Has anyone ever just felt pregnant and end up being pregnant? Hubby isn't much help since he is a wait and see and don't think about it kind of guy, which drives me nuts. As for any current weirdness, I didn't have the normal cramps with my cycle and it wasn't quite normal. It was red and clotty (TMI) but not as heavy as I would have expected. And then a few days ago I got what we think is a really bad stomach bug that had me in bed for 48 hrs with abdominal cramps, nausea, and mild vomiting. Not sure if that could mean anything or just plain convenient timing.
    Last edited by oreooverlord; 12-01-2012 at 11:17 PM.

If you're not due for AF until the 19th of this month, then you most likely haven't even ovulated yet. You cannot get pregnant until you ovulate. After the egg is fertilized at the time of ovulation, you then have to wait for it to implant before your body would start going through any hormonal changes. If you had a period on your last cycle, what you're probably experiencing is your body preparing to ovulate, coupled with a bit of wishful thinking because you're trying to conceive. If you're not entirely sure last month was a normal period, then go ahead and test and see if you're pregnant from last month's cycle.
    Augusta (38), Jeff (33), and 3 rescued fur-babies Chancey the boxer mix(10), Tuck the malamute (2), and Jake the kitty who thinks he's a dog (1 year old!)

I tried for 2 months to get pregnant. The first month I had literally every symptom in the book. I was positive I was pregnant. Then BFN. The next month I had NO symptoms and was sure I wasn't pregnant! Then BFP! Everyone is different but that was my experience.

I've had some mild cramping after BD this morning and some pinching on the right side yesterday. I am wondering if I ovulate at the normal 14 day mark or if I O earlier than that. I've never really been a checker but I've noticed some mild changes in CM the past few days that is making me think that maybe I do O early. We have been BD during the 'prime week' for so long now that I have pretty much given up on the whole timing thing. Since there was red blood and some clots I am going on the assumption that last month was a period but will treat myself as if I am preggo for now. Meaning, no drinking and I will start a prenatal just in case. Thanks for the info and advice.

I did not ovulate anywhere near CD14. I ovulated between CD20-CD-23. The only way I knew when I was ovulating was by temping and using OPKS. You may want to try one of those options so you can be sure you're pinpointing your ovulation correctly.

I tried all the charting and what-not when we were trying for our son back in 07 and I am just not disciplined enough for temping every morning and charting just gave us a headache. We are going for the having fun and not thinking about it and acting like college kids try.

Blog Entries

Generally, a good guess for ovulation is about 14 days before you get a period. Since the "average" cycle is 28 days long, ovulation day is on average around day 14. If you have a 30 day cycle, your ovulation day should be around day 16, and so on. It's all a bunch of averages, though! I have an average cycle of 25 days and usually ovulate around day 12. For your cervical mucus, your body produces egg white cervical mucus (EWCM) which looks like egg white and is stretchy like egg whites. So, if you are noticing your CM changing to that your body is getting ready or is ovulating now.

Now, I have known that I was pregnant as early as the day after ovulation for my last four pregnancies. That is very unusual, though. With this last one I was having all day sickness and heart burn a week before I missed a period so I knew that I was pregnant. It took a week before a test came up positive, though.
    Last edited by JJorn; 12-02-2012 at 11:54 AM.
    Jessica (32) and Ryan (32). Madelyn born August 5, 2009; Malachi born December 23, 2010 and Nathaniel born July 19, 2013. Lost a loved baby 02/29/12, 05/14/12 and 07/05/12 all due a serious allergic reaction to fabric softener.
    My Ovulation Chart

I never really "felt" anything with my son until one day after a nap I just thought I should test and it came up positive. But I wasn't even tracking my cycles back then cause I didn't know as much as I know now, and I'm into research so that says a lot. I have every book and web page on getting pregnant and being pregnant ever!!