Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What time is dinner time?

Default What time is dinner time?

What time is dinner time at your house? Do you all eat together? Or do you eat after the kids are in bed?

If the kids don't have sports/activities, we like to have dinner at 6:00 as a family Sunday-Thursday. We sometimes go out on a Friday or Saturday night or go to dinner after church on Saturday nights.

We eat at around 5pm. We eat all together at the kitchen table or I'll eat with the kids if my husband works late. We go out to eat once a week.
    Becky

If dh is working his regular 10-hour days, we eat at 7 when he comes home so we can all eat together at the table. When he's in crunch time, like now, he's not home til 8 or 9 and usually gets dinner at work, so the girls and I eat earlier... usually around 6. We generally eat together, but if the teenager has a lot of homework she might eat in her room while she works, or if it's a sports season she might have to eat when she comes home (water polo practice is 6-8 ... swim practice varies). The little one and I pretty much always eat together, though sometimes it's not at the table.
    -- mom to DD1 1/98 and DD2 10/09

We only eat as a family on weekends, usually for brunch or lunch on Saturday and then for dinner on Sundays. During the week, the kids eat at 5:00. If DH is out of town, I sit and nibble with them. If he's in town, DH and I eat around 8:00, after he gets home from work and the kids are in bed.

ETA, I do wish we could eat as a family every day. It's just totally impossible, given my kids' optimal sleep schedule and DH's work schedule.
    Last edited by Marcie; 11-28-2012 at 07:38 PM.

4:30 or 5 here, which is when my DH gets home. We all eat together as a family around the table every day.

A lot later than some of you lol! We eat anywhere between 5:30-8pm. It's usually the later times during the week because my DH and my mom are working, and by the time they get home and I get dinner together, it's late. But we go to bed late too (well except for my mom, she's in bed by 10pm), so it all works out.

Toeing the edge between sanity and insanity

The girls are most often in bed before DH gets home, or going to bed as he gets home. I usually feed them between 5:30-6 (guess I should go get moving on that right now!) and if I know he's going to be home pretty late I eat with them. But if I know he'll be home by 7 (girls go down at 6:30ish) I usually wait and eat with him because if I don't he tends to just decide it's too much effort to eat, even if I've made something.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

We eat between 5:00 and 6:00 every night and we eat together at the table. Weekends change up sometimes depending on what we are doing that day.
    ~Jenn~ Mom to Ethan - my heart surgery survivor - born 6/29/09

Around 5:30ish... We all eat at the dining room table together every night. Well lately I may be nursing or rocking the baby while DH and the older girls eat dinner but that is temporary. We used to do "casual friday" where I would make homemade pizza and we would just eat wherever. I liked that! Will do that again when the baby is less needy.
    Thing 1 (7), Thing 2 (5), Thing 3 (2)

6:30 every night, everyone at the table; showers after, 8pm bed

7-8 when dh gets home.we eat together most nights. If dh its working late and not going to be home we might eat a bit earlier, and sometimes will watch a movie or tv show from netflix.

Between 5-6. Usually on the earlier side. I just eat with the boys since DH works very late. I'll often eat what they are eating, and then have a salad or something light when DH comes home.

Between 6 and 7 though it's usually closer to 7. Dh gets home between 6 and 6:30. If I know he's going to get home close to 6 I will aim for supper then, but typically he gets home between 6 and 6:30 and we cook dinner together. We like to cook together. We used to always eat together then we ran out of room at the table after the twins so the kids would all eat together and dh and I would eat somewhere else. Now we have a bigger table and we eat together probably 4-5 nights a week. I don't cook every night. On the nights I don't cook we will have a leftover night or what I call fend for yourself where everyone just decides what they want to eat that's readily available like cereal, sandwiches, eggs, etc. On those nights dh and I fix the younger 4 something and everyone else just eats when and where they want to. Weekends are usually more casual. We tend to sleep in if we have no formal plans so we eat late breakfast and late lunch and late dinner.
    Mary Jane, doula and mom of Vada, Brynna, Tea, Moira, Kyan, Ambria, Aslan, and Anakin.
    “Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.” ~ Dr. Seuss

I get home with the kids at 6 pm. DH is already home and often has dinner cooking when I get in so we eat between 6-7pm. Then it's homework, bath and bed by 8pm for both kids. We all eat together at the table. Weekends is pretty much the same although we have family for dinner so then there is at least ten round the table.

Usually between 6-7 and usually eat together.

Between 5:30 and 6:30 and it's a family dinner every night but Monday when DH teaches until 9pm.

Mommy to Piper 6/5/09 and an 11/2011
    Make a pregnancy ticker

I get home around 7 or 7:30. i make dinner and we all eat together. My son may have had some dinner with his nanny at 5:30 but he joins us either way. (We eat around 6:30 on weekends,) Our son's bedtime is 9-9:30.

DH and I eat dinner together every night, around 6pm. DS just gets breastmilk, lol, so he eats whenever he's hungry.
    Jennifer

We used to eat around 7-8pm, but ever since moving, dinner has been between 5-6. I like it better that way. We also eat together every night.
    Autumn (me) Darren () Naheana () Mahikoa () La'i () & Mana'o ()

Right now the children eat at 4 - 4:30 and the adults eat after the children have gone to bed, at around 6:30. I would like to change this but the kids go to bed so early it's too early for DH to eat.
    Megan (29) and Jayson (31) Happily married 9 years

Between 5 and 6, and we all eat together.
    Lindsay, DH - Matt and 2DDs

We have been trying to eat more as a family and that tends to be about 530. We are finding that if we push to 6ish, DD actually eats better, but DH usually can't wait that long. Of my 2, DD and DH, DH is much more time sensitive to eating... DD is much more laid back and would be very happy just playing and running around at night. I eat because I'm supposed to...
    Phoebe Grace 6-22-11; 37.5" and 26.2# at 2 years old! She is my wild child!
    Me & Geoff, 40; DD Phoebe, our June Bug

We eat at 6:00 and have dinner together every night but Fridays when DD1 has dance. Then the kids and I will eat at 5:00 and DH will eat when he gets home at 5:30 (as DD1 and I rush out the door). On weekend we generally eat all meals together at the table.
    Growing fast... DD1 (6) & DD2 (4)
    Forever loved, forever missed... Twin Girls with us for 19w3d 6/12/06

Blog Entries

We usually eat all together between 5 and 6. We've done it both ways, though, where we eat later than the kids and still do sometimes on the hectic, crazy days.
    Jessica (32) and Ryan (32). Madelyn born August 5, 2009; Malachi born December 23, 2010 and Nathaniel born July 19, 2013. Lost a loved baby 02/29/12, 05/14/12 and 07/05/12 all due a serious allergic reaction to fabric softener.
    My Ovulation Chart

During the week, I eat with the kids around 5:30. DH is gone a lot but when he's around he usually gets home around 7- just before it's time to head upstairs. We all eat together on weekends.
    My 3 yo cuties!

Dinner time is usually between 5 and 5:30...though of course some night stuff gets in the way and we aren't eating until 6.

We have always sat at the table together for every meal. DH works a rotating shift so some weeks he is not home for breakfast, other weeks he is not home for dinner...he almost always misses lunch.
    I like that my kids know the routine and meal time is special. Even Jericho runs for his seat and knows the drill LOL.

~*~Katrina~*~ Momma to Xander, Hayden & Lily (6) and Jericho (3 1/2)
    Trying to complete our family...My Ovulation Chart for my LAST try !

Dinner here is roughly 5-530. We all eat together at the table. Weekends are different. We're usually busy doing something or the kids are at a grandparents or friends. If we are all home we will eat at the table, if it's just us or even us with one kid we'll eat in the living room.

IT'S A BOY!!!

Marissa 12, Peyton 7, Jayden 5 and #4 due 7/4/2014

I eat every meal with the kids right now. Dinner is between 5-6 and 6 days a week we eat as a unit. The last day DH works late so he joins us for breakfast. There have been a few times I waited to eat while the kids ate and I really hated that.

Jeanne, mom to Dev0n (6) Isabe11e (5) and C0rbin (3.5) Vio1et (almost 2)

Between 5pm and 8pm depending on the day. Maddy will eat in her high chair and I'll usually eat at the table with her if I finish everything before she's done. DBF works Mon-Fri and he usually comes downstairs and gets dinner and eats at his desk (we work at home).
    Karen (28), DF (28), DD (3), DS (2 months)

Beanpop's Fluffy Butt Diapers *GRAND RE-OPENING 3/13*