Thread: dry skin on face

Default dry skin on face

I have been using Aquaphor on Dd2 for her severe dry skin. But now its on her cheeks and forehead. It must itch cuz she's always rubbing at her face. How can I put aquaphor on there without her rubbing it into her eyes? Any tips?
    Carrie(34), DH(35), married for 5 years

Blog Entries

We use chapstick for anything on the face first - you could really try anything that is for the lips, I would think. I think that would be a bit harder to get in her eyes. Also, still put some sort of lotion on there that is meant to last through a washing so it will really seal the moisture into the skin. We do that all the time and then just put vaseline or chapstick over it at night time when they aren't as likely to rub it off.

Are you sure that it is just dry skin?
    Jessica (32) and Ryan (32). Madelyn born August 5, 2009; Malachi born December 23, 2010 and Nathaniel born July 19, 2013. Lost a loved baby 02/29/12, 05/14/12 and 07/05/12 all due a serious allergic reaction to fabric softener.
    My Ovulation Chart

On my DD I usually put my moisturizer just because it's specifically for the face, and it's made for reeeeally dry, sensitive skin.

I found a Babyganics chapstick like thing I put on her cheek and nose. Helps, but not a whole lot.... we use Eucerin mostly and just lightly, and not near eyes. It is not that easy to get anything on her face in the first place so we try to use the thick stuff when we can.
    Phoebe Grace 6-22-11; 37.5" and 26.2# at 2 years old! She is my wild child!
    Me & Geoff, 40; DD Phoebe, our June Bug

When I put aquaphor on her forehead with a hat, it works and smoother her skin. But I can't get the stuff around her eyebrows and ears without her wiping it into her eyes. I'll try the chapstick tonight since we have some!
    Carrie(34), DH(35), married for 5 years

I prefer lanolin (the same one you put on cracked nipples while breastfeeding). It works wonders for my DD. I also alternate it with coconut oil as it has healing properties and absorbs right in.