Thread: Blackberries and IVF?

Question Blackberries and IVF?

I have an odd question: last time I did IVF, an APA member posted that I should eat blackberries at a certain time, to help the process. But it was al of 3 years ago and I can't remember when I should eat them or why. Has any one heard of this? I believe it was to thicken the lining, but I can't be sure. It was posted in the old IVF Sisters thread which was deleted. Does anyone know anything about it?

I know pineapple helps with implantation, but I'd like to do the blackberry thing as well since I got pregnant last time. I know my getting pregnant will not come down to what I eat, but I figure I'd like to do everything I can to help the process.

Thanks for listening. Wishing you lots of
    Code snippet: HTML, Used for websites, email and some forums.

Haven't heard the blackberry thing! I did try the pineapple one but no result so I don't put much stock in it. I love blackberries, though. Yum! Enjoy, and if it helps, even better!
    Me (39) DH (46) & furbabies * m/c 7/08 4/12 11/12

I did the pineapple thing for both my IVFs and I'll do it this time around, too. Does it work? who knows, but I'll try most anything if it can help even a little.

I'll probably try the blackberry thing again too, eating them after transfer,but I can't remember if that's the right time. Fingers crossed.

Just eat them the whole cycle, then!

It couldn't hurt, right?

Yum, blackberries! Let me know if you find out when you are supposed to eat them. I haven't tried pineapple because I'm slightly intolerant of it, but blackberries I could definitely do .

Ali, DH, Søren (4/2011) and a little one due in September.

So, can I ask you guys something about pineapple? I've heard a lot about it, and I'm doing pretty much everything else to support our Feb IVF, why not add pineapple too? So, when you eat it, it's just the core, right? How do you eat the core-chopped, juiced, smoothie? Which days of the cycle are you supposed to eat it? And just one? Thanks!

Erica 33, DH 34, STC for 4+ years, Diagnosed DOR 4/2011, mom to 4 , Barbados IVF March 2013!!!

The pineapple is five days post O. You take a whole pineapple core and cut it into five pieces, one per day. I started the day after IUI. I did smoothie, cut up with other fruit, and just plain. By day five I was pretty tired of that pineapple, I will say! But like the blackberries, can't hurt.

I don't know about blackberries but I did the pineapple core and walnuts after my IVF and I am now 31 weeks pregnant. Supposedly walnuts are high in omega-3 and frankly I figured what the heck!

hmmm...wonder if I can get pineapple, blackberries, and walnuts in Barbados!

Erica 33, DH 34, STC for 4+ years, Diagnosed DOR 4/2011, mom to 4 , Barbados IVF March 2013!!!

You should be able to get pineapple, I think!

at the very least, a mai tai!

LOL! Or a piņa colada. Mmm, piņa colada!

Hey, autocorrect put the squiggle over the n for me! I certainly didn't figure that one out on my own!

ourou- I'll definitely let you know. I think I'm going to start next week. I think I started after retrieval and stopped the day of the transfer, then did pineapple for about a week.

Fourgulls - so just regular walnuts? Any specific time? I'm all about boosting my chances. I can eat some walnuts...Congratulations on your little one!!

Akhiker - yeah, I bet you can find walnuts at a health food store. But I agree, a Mai Tai would probably also do the trick

@highhopesmama, I did regular walnuts (got them at whole foods) along with the pineapple and started at my transfer for about a week! Lots of luck to you this month...I am going to keep checking back to see how you are doing and thank you for the congrats!!

Thanks so much! I'll pick some up today and add them to the pineapple and berries.

And you're welcome for the congrats. Pregnant women are so inspiring to me since it's where I want to be. Hope the last few weeks are easy and comfortable for you.

I'm just now seeing this but the two times I did the pineapple thing were the two times I got my BFP. Just sayin...
    Jen (34), DH (36), DS (3), Baby #2 EDD 10/21/14

Lost a loved baby 9/2012

Thanks! Same here for my DS. I'm taking the blackberries also, but just looking if someone knows when to take them or what for. I think it's something to do with the lining, but I can't remember and I can't seem to find anything on the Internet.