Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone Doing IVF in December?

Smile Anyone Doing IVF in December?

Hi there! It's been a long time since I've been on APA. It's changed! Is there anyone starting a December IVF cycle? I just started stimming today & am praying for a good response. Our DS is almost 17 months and we're praying to add another miracle baby to the family.

Wishing everyone good luck with their cycles and a in time for the holidays.
    Code snippet: HTML, Used for websites, email and some forums.

Good luck with your cycle! I'm waiting for my thyroid hormones to normalize and will be doing another IUI after that.
    Me (39) DH (46) & furbabies * m/c 7/08 4/12 11/12

Thanks, Gwenn! Good luck to you, too. I hope your Thyroid levels even out & you can get on its your IUI. The waiting is such a drag. It seems like we're always waiting while we're ttc'ing...sending you lots of

Yeah, it's all about the waiting!

I'm stuck in the waiting game too, hopefully planning on an IVF cycle in February. Good luck to you, definitely please keep us updated!

Erica 33, DH 34, STC for 4+ years, Diagnosed DOR 4/2011, mom to 4 , Barbados IVF March 2013!!!

Good luck!
    Me - Jen 28, DH - Tom 28, DD - Quinn Eliana 10/9/08, DD Kennedy Gwen 08/07/10

Quote Originally Posted by akhiker View Post
    I'm stuck in the waiting game too, hopefully planning on an IVF cycle in February. Good luck to you, definitely please keep us updated!
    Thank you! I'll keep you posted. Good luck to you, too!! I know February seems far off, but it will roll around soon enough. Hang in there and try to enjoy the stuff you won't be able to enjoy when you're knocked up At least that will make the time between now and February more fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Quinn'sMama View Post
    Good luck!
    Thanks! I feel like I can use all the luck I can get. Day 2 of shots. Hope they are working their magic.

We are *hopefully* doing a FET next cycle which will start sometime shortly after Christmas. Do I remember you from IVF sisters mid-2010? I think I remember you, but not sure. I have a 19 month boy from IVF then.

Best of luck to you!

Ali, DH, Søren (4/2011) and a little one due in September.

My November cycle got canceled and my RE doesn't do cycles in Dec. It ties them up to much around the holidays. My IVF got converted to and IUI because of low response to the meds. So if it doesn't work than we will likely do IVF in Feb/March.

Yes, I remember you, too. I was in IVF Sisters back then. I miss that thread. Our son is 17 months today. Good luck with your FET. I read your post in the other thread about it being canceled & I'm sorry that happened. It's very frustrating when your clinic isn't up front about things.

I'm on day 3 of stemming for IVF. I hope we Bo have BFPs in the new year!

Quote Originally Posted by hollyn View Post
    My November cycle got canceled and my RE doesn't do cycles in Dec. It ties them up to much around the holidays. My IVF got converted to and IUI because of low response to the meds. So if it doesn't work than we will likely do IVF in Feb/March.
    I'm sorry about the cancelled cycle. Unexpected delays can be really frustrating. But if there is a bright side, at least you can enjoy your holidays without the stress of cycling. Will your RE switch your protocol for your next IVF? Sending you lots of

Day 4 of stimming. I'm praying for improvement on my scan tomorrow. Things looked fine on Tuesday, but I don't have a ton of eggs, 2 on each side. It's so hard to stay calm about all of this and what I wouldn't DO for a cup of coffee right now! keep your fingers crossed, please. I could use all the help I can get.

So less than stellar news from the RE. I have 4 follicles. She said we'll decide on Monday if we'll cancel IVF & do IUI instead. Two of my follies are the same size. One is small and one is big.n if we cancel, I'll go on DHEA for 2 months and we'll try again. I'm trying not to get frustrated, but I don't think it will happen this month. I wish she would have put me on the DHEA before we tried if she thought I needed it. Cross your fingers, please.

Hoping those follies will do what they need to! Ugh, so frustrating.

Thanks. I hope they do, too. It's super frustrating. But to be honest, the only thing I'm really upset about is wasting all that money only to end up doing an IUI, which never works for us. We've done 8 in the past and they've all failed or ended in chemical pregnancy. We're paying out of pocket and I've already spent 3k on meds. I will be bummed if we can't move forward with IVF.

But I know we will do it when it's the best opportunity for us, so whether now or in the new year, we'll do what gives us the best chance. If only weren't for all that money. I wish I could get an IVF scholarship, lol.

I really get what you are saying. I've had five IUIs and two ended in chemicals, three failed. My doctor wants me to move to IVF but I just can't see putting out all that money - what if the IVF fails, too? I know I can conceive. It's just staying pregnant that's the problem.

and I will continue to stalk.

That's why we did 8 IUIs in the first place. But now I wish I'd just take the plunge after 4. I'd be a much younger mom than I am. But I wasn't ready for it. Now, looking back on all the money we spend on IUIs and meds, it would have paid for an IVF or two, lol. You have to do what you feel is best for you. There is no guarantee with any procedure, so the really spendy ones make the stakes that much higher. Do know why the pregnancies end? Could it be you need to take progesterone or some other med post ovulating, to ensure a pegnancy sticks? Good luck to you, too. It will happen. I'm convinced of that after getting pregnant with my first one after 6 years. You will figure it out and have your baby, too.

Quote Originally Posted by HighHopesMama View Post
    That's why we did 8 IUIs in the first place. But now I wish I'd just take the plunge after 4. I'd be a much younger mom than I am. But I wasn't ready for it. Now, looking back on all the money we spend on IUIs and meds, it would have paid for an IVF or two, lol. You have to do what you feel is best for you. There is no guarantee with any procedure, so the really spendy ones make the stakes that much higher. Do know why the pregnancies end? Could it be you need to take progesterone or some other med post ovulating, to ensure a pegnancy sticks? Good luck to you, too. It will happen. I'm convinced of that after getting pregnant with my first one after 6 years. You will figure it out and have your baby, too.
    That's actually what my RE tried to tell me, but we had only done clomid and it was thinning out my lining. We talked him into trying Femara next time around and it worked, until my chemical. I don't know what is happening for sure, but I had a very thin lining on Clomid (normal on Femara) and this last time my TSH was like 3.9. So I am assuming it might have worked out if my TSH was where it should have been. Last time I had it tested it was 1.6 so I didn't realize it had crept back up again. He refused to test my progesterone, just said if I did IVF I'd be on a ton of it anyway.

The thyroid can totally mess the levels up, so it's good he's regulating it before trying again. And it's good he'll have you on progesterone for it as well. I wasn't sure what meds he'd have you on. Once he sorts out the thyroid, I hope you get knocked up straight away. Btw, I had no idea, I bolted that sentence in my last post! Sorry. I'mmdoing this on my iPad and I had no idea that happened. Didn't mean to yell at you, lol.

Duh, I just noticed you bolded it. I swear, I'm so distracted today. Stupid bad news

LOL! Too funny.

Gwenn do you not take progesterone with your IUI's?? My RE prescribes the same amount of progesterone for IVF or IUI.

Highhopes~I asked to go back to the protocol that I had used on my last 2 cycles. We will se what happens. before I have always just taken any where from 300-425 of follistim. This time I did 225 menopur and 225 follistim. It's almost like on of the drugs just didn't work.

No, I've never done progesterone. I agree it's odd.

Quote Originally Posted by Gwenn View Post
    No, I've never done progesterone. I agree it's odd.
    . My First RE didn't give me progesterone for the first few cycles either and I didn't know to ask for it. I think it's a little extra insurance to ensure a pregnancy sticks.

Quote Originally Posted by hollyn View Post
    Gwenn do you not take progesterone with your IUI's?? My RE prescribes the same amount of progesterone for IVF or IUI.

Highhopes~I asked to go back to the protocol that I had used on my last 2 cycles. We will se what happens. before I have always just taken any where from 300-425 of follistim. This time I did 225 menopur and 225 follistim. It's almost like on of the drugs just didn't work.
    maybe the meds were too low a dose for that combination? What did your RE say? Im on a crap load of meds: Menopur, lupron, follostim, hgh & now dhea. But I forgot that when my IVF worked last time, I did 30 days of dhea before stimming, I kinda blame my RE not doing that this time, but I also wish I'd have remembered to tell her I wanted to do it. I hope your meds work better this next time, I've never had to cancel a cycle before and I have a feeling im going to experience just how frustrating it is. Grrr. Again, I'm really only crabby because of all that wasted money. I truly believe we will have another baby. Maybe I'm delusional.
    Last edited by HighHopesMama; 12-01-2012 at 09:50 PM.

So I'm feeling much better this morning. I just got a call from my RE. She said my estradiol was 370 and that she said I was responding to the meds beautifully, despite not having a ton of eggs. (I've never had a ton of eggs any time I've done IVF) She said she was encouraged by my high #s and said she had hope the eggs might look better tomorrow and we might be able to go through with IVF. She said even if we have to cancel and wait a month, she wanted to reassure me that my ovaries were working well and were not too old for the procedure, which was what I was worried about. She said aging ovaries after 4 days of stims would be at about 68 or 100, so I'm doing very well.

I'm still bummed about the cost of the meds if we have to cancel, but I was also really worried about my age being a factor. I'm 40 and was worried I was out of the game. Now I feel like we have a real shot, if not this month, then next time.

I'd better go buy a lotto ticket now if we're going to cancel. I'll need some extra cash.

I hope all of you get some unexpected good news, too.

So I'm feeling much better this morning. I just got a call from my RE. She said my estradiol was 370 and that she said I was responding to the meds beautifully, despite not having a ton of eggs. (I've never had a ton of eggs any time I've done IVF) She said she was encouraged by my high #s and said she had hope the eggs might look better tomorrow and we might be able to go through with IVF. She said even if we have to cancel and wait a month, she wanted to reassure me that my ovaries were working well and were not too old for the procedure, which was what I was worried about. She said aging ovaries after 4 days of stims would be at about 68 or 100, so I'm doing very well.

I'm still bummed about the cost of the meds if we have to cancel, but I was also really worried about my age being a factor. I'm 40 and was worried I was out of the game. Now I feel like we have a real shot, if not this month, then next time.

I'd better go buy a lotto ticket now if we're going to cancel. I'll need some extra cash.

I hope all of you get some unexpected good news, too.
    HighHopesMama i have just seen your thread here
    I wish you the best of luck..i am happy you could do it before and you have your Miracle..hope that it will work this time too
    I agree with the cost issue..our clinic told us it will cost us about 2500$..but with injections, meds, ultrasounds and blood work we have reached 3200
    I hope it will work..i hope it will work
    Please pray for me
    Baby dust to you too
    Stay positive

OMG I wish ours cost 2500! That'd be a bargain for us, lol. I'm at 3300 for meds alone this cycle & I'm not finished yet. I'm buying a pack of two ivfs, but it's about 4 times the cost of yours. Nothing covered by insurance, of course. The cost is a pain, but I can always save or pay off a credit card once we're finished having our family. It is frustrating, but I know it will be worth it in the end.

Good for you and the lower cost IVF! I love it when I her someone getting a good deal in this costly baby game. Keep us posted on your beta

OMG I wish ours cost 2500! That'd be a bargain for us, lol. I'm at 3300 for meds alone this cycle & I'm not finished yet. I'm buying a pack of two ivfs, but it's about 4 times the cost of yours. Nothing covered by insurance, of course. The cost is a pain, but I can always save or pay off a credit card once we're finished having our family. It is frustrating, but I know it will be worth it in the end.

Good for you and the lower cost IVF! I love it when I her someone getting a good deal in this costly baby game. Keep us posted on your beta
    In fact it is far more than this but my insurance covers half of ot..that's how we ended up with 2500
    The thing that is frustrating as i think is.. What if it failed?? Does that mean i throw all thr money and hopes?? This increases the stress..
    I'll keep you posted..pray for me dear..hugs

I hope you get great news tomorrow! Hopefully the follies are just slow to grow, but are picking up now. I've also been reading a lot that validates what your RE said, that they don't necessarily need high numbers of follies, and that lower numbers of follies usually yield higher quality eggs. It is so ridiculous what everyone charges for IVF and meds. That is why we've looked into Barbados...accredited clinic, half the price of an IVF cycle in the states (including a 2 week trip to the beach!).

Erica 33, DH 34, STC for 4+ years, Diagnosed DOR 4/2011, mom to 4 , Barbados IVF March 2013!!!