Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hcg going up, still?

Default Hcg going up, still?

The U/S today showed just a fuzzy white screen with maybe a little clot still hanging on. My hcg is double what it was exactly 2 weeks ago, 16050.

I think my body is beyond confused!!!! I think I should have never forced my body to start my period again with the provera back in September. I don't think my body was ready for it yet and so now it's punishing me.

Blog Entries

If your HCG is going up you might need a D&C after all. It should be declining. What a nightmare this has turned out to be for you. I am so sorry that you are going though this!
    Jessica (32) and Ryan (32). Madelyn born August 5, 2009; Malachi born December 23, 2010 and Nathaniel born July 19, 2013. Lost a loved baby 02/29/12, 05/14/12 and 07/05/12 all due a serious allergic reaction to fabric softener.
    My Ovulation Chart

Ugh!! Just talked to the doc and they want me to go to the ER to rule out an ectopic and to get a d&c.

An ER visit is $200!! She suggested that I don't wait till Monday but. Really want to. Thoughts?

My thoughts are that since I just started bleeding this week that my beta of 16000 could be coming down from earlier this week but we don't have that data point to compare it to.

Blog Entries

Wouldn't they have seen an ectopic during one of the ultrasounds they did on you? I don't know what I'd do. I'd think that you'd have bad pain with an ectopic at this point. Your ultrasound seems to point that you should miscarry soon. Why do they have the ectopic concern?
    Jessica (32) and Ryan (32). Madelyn born August 5, 2009; Malachi born December 23, 2010 and Nathaniel born July 19, 2013. Lost a loved baby 02/29/12, 05/14/12 and 07/05/12 all due a serious allergic reaction to fabric softener.
    My Ovulation Chart

The nurse practitioner who did my first 2 US checked my tubes and didn't see anything but per the OB today she said that it could have been too early to see. The OB today of course didn't check my tubes. They have ectopic concerns because my HCG is double from 2 weeks ago.

Can you have an ectopic if you see a gestational sac in the uterus?

and....

last week when I had a "formal sonogram" they checked my ovaries and tubes....no news is good news right?

Blog Entries

If you have an ectopic you would have ovulated two eggs with one implanting in the tube and one in the uterus, I'd think. I don't think that you would have ovulated while you still had HCG in your system so wouldn't the ectopic have been seen last week?

I really don't know what to think.
    My Ovulation Chart

Quote Originally Posted by JJorn View Post
    If you have an ectopic you would have ovulated two eggs with one implanting in the tube and one in the uterus, I'd think. I don't think that you would have ovulated while you still had HCG in your system so wouldn't the ectopic have been seen last week?

I really don't know what to think.
    This and I also don't know what to think.
    Me (39) DH (46) & furbabies * m/c 7/08 4/12 11/12

IDK about ovulating while having a high hcg....

Ok, so I just spoke to a nurse since the OB was gone and she scheduled me for another "formal sonogram" on Monday. More waiting! Have I mentioned how much THIS SUCKS!!!!!

I'm sorry you're still in the middle of all of this. My HCG #s kept going up a little, so I ended up having the D&C. Sometimes it just takes a while for your body to figure out what is going on, and the tissue does still continue to produce HCG. Even when the tissue is removed with a D&C, there is still HCG in your system...took me a whole month to go from 13,000 to 0. I'm sorry, I hope Monday brings you answers and hope.

Erica 33, DH 34, STC for 4+ years, Diagnosed DOR 4/2011, mom to 4 , Barbados IVF March 2013!!!

tiggerlb Guest

I truly think it would have gone down by now I mean not doubled in 2 weeks. Maybe went up a little but not near double.Mine was @ 5000 then 6 days later it was 11200 and I did have big bleeding in between these draws that was very heavy for close to 5-6 hrs maybe even 4 and spotted for 2 days after This heavy bleeding occured like this on the day of the 5000 beta. then still 6 days later the beta was @ 11200 I repeated the beta 2 days later which was the day of my dnc but it was already determined that I needed a dnc due to the us she did when I went in to get the blood work results. After the dnc she did give me my beta that was drawn a few hrs prior to dnc and that # was @ 12800 something. I really hpoe things will work out for you to go the natural route But if not then I wish you the best with the dnc. I know all will go smoothly for you.

As I suspected my hcg is coming down, it was 13135 a day after it was 16000. I had another US and the docs aren't sure what's in my uterus. It's a 19mm something. I'm getting my hcg done again on Monday and Wednesday to see how much more they come down and if the doc isn't satisfied with the numbers I will get a d&c, maybe.

Yikes! That's a lot of confusion. I'm sorry. I know you don't want the D&C but it sounds like you may need to go that route. I was worried about it too since I have severe endo but this pregnancy has gone well without issues.

Mommy to Piper 6/5/09 and an 11/2011
    Make a pregnancy ticker

Blog Entries

I'm glad that your HCG is going down now. I do hope that you will still miscarry by yourself. I'm glad that your doctors are letting you wait it out a bit longer.
    My Ovulation Chart

Cramping and actually bleeding now.

Blog Entries

My Ovulation Chart

I just now saw this and wanted to offer my support and my story. I had a m/c at 9 weeks in April and had all sorts of issues with it resolving. It was diagnosed as a missed m/c and I went back the next day to verify that's what it was and it wasn't just a bad tech or something. My body had starting breaking things down already but they told me that it could be a long time at that point before I m/c on my own. I had a d&c two days later and they said they were very confident I'd be back to "normal" soon. Whatever. But two days later I'd had a post op infection and had some trouble because of that and it was found that I had retained tissue. They talked about doing another d&c which I was NOT doing after the post op issues (that's rare though) and I decided to go back to the RE for help with the rest. I was given cytotec to get rid of the rest of the tissue and it still took 3 months for my levels to go down. I was finally given the pill to stop my current bleeding and force it all out with my next AF which is what happened. My number was only 179 after the d&c and it still took 3 months.

Weird things happen sometimes in these situations I guess and I know what a nightmare it can be! Just wanted to say that I have an idea of what you're going through and it's so so hard! I hope things resolve quickly from here for you and that you can begin to heal.
    MMC 4/12
    Leah (27) DH (30) Diagnosed PCOS and Stage 1 Endometriosis/Diagnosed CVID 2007

tiggerlb Guest

Quote Originally Posted by dunegirl View Post
    Cramping and actually bleeding now.
    Sorry to hear about the cramping. Here is to hoping that every thing will breakdown and you mc naturally.

Sorry you had to go through all of this. There is many reasons to this hcg problem. One you could have had twins and one tried to survive (vanishing twin syndrome). Or, you had left over tissue from what your body could not pass which is probably what they have been seeing. I am truly sorry for your loss, I hope your body grts back on track so your not left wondering.

Well I cramped for 10 mins and passed a couple of clots and now I'm jut bleeding a little bit. If that was the miscarriage then I'm happy it was pretty easy.

Thank you everyone for your kind words and advice through all of this.

Hoping that was it. Will your doc continue to check your levels?

Mommy to Piper 6/5/09 and an 11/2011
    Make a pregnancy ticker

Blog Entries

I also hope that was it. It is possible. My two early miscarriages were like regular periods.
    My Ovulation Chart

Quote Originally Posted by Babidol View Post
    Hoping that was it. Will your doc continue to check your levels?
    I was supposed to get my blood drawn today but I didn't go, maybe I'll go tomorrow.

I'm bleeding like a stuck pig lol. I refuse to wear a huge pad so I'm just wearing panty liners.

I hope that was it.

My hcg was 1800 today

Blog Entries

Good! Don't be surprised if you don't ovulate for a while though. With every miscarriage I had one crazy cycle with no ovulation and then went back to normal.
    My Ovulation Chart

tiggerlb Guest

Yay!!!! Glad you got your natural mc. Sorry it took so long and was so frustrating to you. Good luck for the return to ttc.