Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Has there been a .NET in here lately?

Hi Cassandra...fellow AF spouse here!

A little off topic here, but does anyone know why my ticker is so dinky that you can't read it? I selected the large option on the website...I just can't figure it out for the life of me!

Krystal5 - Welcome back! My DS was born June of '09 and we have been STC for 2 years now. On my second round of clomid this month. I definitely understand how frustrating it is when our bodies don't work the way they should. I get so upset with it sometimes! Keeping my fingers crossed that something happen soon for you!
    ~Jenn~ Mom to Ethan - my heart surgery survivor - born 6/29/09

Quote Originally Posted by Krystal5 View Post
    Hi ladies!

I used to be super annoyingly active in this TTC room and the former TTC room when I was STC my first. Well, even before I STCed, to be honest.

Hubby and I started trying for real when we got married Sep 07, finally switched over to officially STC with medical intervention around... Feb or Mar 09, and conceived our little miracle (in my siggie) in July of '09 on our first IUI. She was born early via emergency c-section in April of 2010, and I have been "TTC" ever since.

Until she was 15 months, though, it didn't count, because AF hadn't returned. We tried for 5 months, and in January 2012, when nothing happened, I called the RE. They set up a "reentry" appointment for March. AF was due any day when I called them. About 5 days later, AF was late, and I tested, and got a BFP. I was ELATED. Over the moon. I convinced myself that this kid was meant to be and was a true miracle. 2 weeks later, I lost him. I was completely devastated and heart broken. Still am, really.

Been STC ever since. Tried every month, and did IUIs most months, but had to take a few breaks, until my due date rolled around. I quit completely then, because I couldn't handle it. Now I am back in the game. AF started today and I pick up my Clomid tomorrow.

However, because I've had so many failed IUIs, my RE won't let me try Clomid any more after this one. So, on Dec 20 (which will be CD 22) I have a consult with my RE as to what our next step will be. It's really depressing to be planning for the next IUI before this one even starts, but with the holidays, we can't wait (or will end up in January and I'll have to skip a cycle), and with my history, we may as well.

I'll be totally upfront with you ladies. I'm a decent person, but pretty bitter right now about my whole situation. I know others have it worse, and I keep trying to get myself to lighten up, but it's hard! Because of that, you probably won't see me here much. But I do pop in now and again to ask questions, or answer them, or vent or brag or whatever...

Last time I was here, I was VERY active in the NETs. So thought I'd say hi, and maybe eventually I'll drag my butt out of my shell and try to be sociable again!
    I'm so glad to see you in here Janet!! I sincerely hope that you get a sticky BFP soon. You deserve it

Quote Originally Posted by EttyBaby View Post
    everyone!

I'm Cassandra and DH is Justin. I've been around APA since I was pregnant with DD#1, Bella Grace, who is 3.5 years old. She was a much-loved 'oops' baby! We've now been TTC baby #2 since August. We're also an Air Force family and living far from our families. I was hoping to surprise them when we see them all for Christmas with pregnancy news, but its looking like its going to take longer this time around! I'm in school working to become a CNM and a photographer in my spare time. Karen and Rach. Hopefully this place stays active, I love the NETs.
    How long have you been TTC now Cass? Do you chart at all? I love stalking charts!!

Quote Originally Posted by bzjenn View Post

A little off topic here, but does anyone know why my ticker is so dinky that you can't read it? I selected the large option on the website...I just can't figure it out for the life of me!

Krystal5 - Welcome back! My DS was born June of '09 and we have been STC for 2 years now. On my second round of clomid this month. I definitely understand how frustrating it is when our bodies don't work the way they should. I get so upset with it sometimes! Keeping my fingers crossed that something happen soon for you!
    Nice to meet you!! I hope that the clomid does the trick and you get pregnant very soon. It breaks my heart seeing so many people STC when so many people get pregnant so easily

Anyone have any good plans for the weekend?
    Karen (28), DF (28), DD (3), DS (2 months)

Beanpop's Fluffy Butt Diapers *GRAND RE-OPENING 3/13*

Quote Originally Posted by beanpop View Post
    How long have you been TTC now Cass? Do you chart at all? I love stalking charts!!
    Since August, so this is cycle 4 of TTC. I have the CBEFM and use OPKs. I had every intention of temping and charting last month and then slacked off. If I'm not pg this cycle I am going to get a new BBT and start fresh after the holidays! I'd love to be pregnant before we move back to Washington!

Since August, so this is cycle 4 of TTC. I have the CBEFM and use OPKs. I had every intention of temping and charting last month and then slacked off. If I'm not pg this cycle I am going to get a new BBT and start fresh after the holidays! I'd love to be pregnant before we move back to Washington!
    Yes, definitely start charting!! When are you guys moving back over here?

So excited to see some action in here! We don't have a ton of plans for the weekend. Tomorrow evening our little town has all kind of kids activities for Christmas including Santa so we will probably do all that.

My weekend involves grocery shopping and getting my online Christmas shopping done :-)

Going snowboarding! Well...DH will snowboard anyway...I'll be playing in the snow with a certain 3 year old...
    Then more Christmas shopping and getting some family pictures done

Yes, definitely start charting!! When are you guys moving back over here?
    Next summer, July-ish hopefully! I cant wait! I'm not meant for Southern living.

So glad to see another AF spouse in here!

Our weekend will mostly consist of Christmas shopping. I have a few more things to get for my parents and DH. I'm finishing off addressing all our Christmas cards while having coffee this morning since DH had to go in for duty today. Then I'll slowly start figuring out what I am going to pack for our trip home for the holidays! For the first time since DH has been in the Air Force he is taking leave over Christmas and we're flying home to see family for nearly a month!

Next summer, July-ish hopefully! I cant wait! I'm not meant for Southern living.

So glad to see another AF spouse in here!

Our weekend will mostly consist of Christmas shopping. I have a few more things to get for my parents and DH. I'm finishing off addressing all our Christmas cards while having coffee this morning since DH had to go in for duty today. Then I'll slowly start figuring out what I am going to pack for our trip home for the holidays! For the first time since DH has been in the Air Force he is taking leave over Christmas and we're flying home to see family for nearly a month!
    We will be driving home for the holidays and be there for almost 3 weeks! I always look forward to this time of year just for that reason!

We will be driving home for the holidays and be there for almost 3 weeks! I always look forward to this time of year just for that reason!
    I so wish we were driving instead of flying! I leave a few days before DH so its going to be just me and the 3 year old flying alone and I'm so not looking forward to it! But we're in Little Rock, Arkansas and home is Seattle!

I so wish we were driving instead of flying! I leave a few days before DH so its going to be just me and the 3 year old flying alone and I'm so not looking forward to it! But we're in Little Rock, Arkansas and home is Seattle!
    We used to have to fly from Boston to San Fransisco every year, but now we are in Albuquerque, NM, so it's a LONG day's drive, but still doable. Good luck with flying alone with your girlie! I'm sure she will do great!

Hurray! One kid down for nap and one more to go. I attempted to work on a project I am making for the kids this morning and it was a no go because they were getting into everything. I am making them a felt tree an ornaments. I got the tree cut out and 2 ornaments made. I think I will work on it after they are in bed.

Ok ladies... It is now day 10! 10 days late and nothing... I going to wait until Sunday to test again. No spotting, cramps, nausea, vomiting, nothing. But previous BFN of HPT. So I just don't know. Does anyone know what the chances of my cycle just "changing" for no apparent reason? Someone brought this to my attention, and I don't really disagree, but a 10 day change? It this was happening I think it would only be a few days. Any ideas!

Caitlin, I had a similar experience a couple months ago. I was 10 days late for no apparent reason! All HPTs were negative and I normally have a textbook 29 day cycle. I even saw my OB because it was so weird. She did some blood work and everything was normal, she said it was probably just a fluke and it happens sometimes. My next two cycles have been my normal 29-30 days. Our bodies do crazy things sometimes!

Stupid bodies!!! They get you all excited just to let you down. If I am still in this situation in another week I will go get blood work. Anyone heard anything or have any feelings or objections to the digital test? "Pregnant or not pregnant"? I know about the issues about the blue dye test.
    Etty- I love your Christmas photos, your little girl is beautiful. Are those pictures for this year?

Yay for moving back to Seattle Cassandra! What are you in AR for anyway? Military? And holy crap, I LOVE your pictures!!! Ahhhhh! So cute!

Rachel I want to see your tree!! Are you using a pattern to cut everything out? I would do that but we have a regular tree that she finally isn't trying to play with anymore

Caitlin, do you chart at all? It's possible that you just ovulated late, which would cause AF to come late! KUP

I work all weekend (every weekend) but I am hoping that it's slow on the phones so that I can get a good chunk of my sewing done! I have one more batch of orders to finish and hopefully ship out on Monday. Then I can finally start on the Christmas presents I need to make

Quote Originally Posted by Caitlinh View Post
    Etty- I love your Christmas photos, your little girl is beautiful. Are those pictures for this year?
    Thank you! and yes, I took them last week for our Christmas cards!

Yay for moving back to Seattle Cassandra! What are you in AR for anyway? Military? And holy crap, I LOVE your pictures!!! Ahhhhh! So cute!
    I can't wait to move back! I miss Washington like crazy. And yes, the lovely Air Force has us in Arkansas. Hopefully not for too much longer though, I'm over this place. And thank you!! They were fun to take!

Rachel I want to see your tree!! Are you using a pattern to cut everything out? I would do that but we have a regular tree that she finally isn't trying to play with anymore

Caitlin, do you chart at all? It's possible that you just ovulated late, which would cause AF to come late! KUP

I work all weekend (every weekend) but I am hoping that it's slow on the phones so that I can get a good chunk of my sewing done! I have one more batch of orders to finish and hopefully ship out on Monday. Then I can finally start on the Christmas presents I need to make
    I have it pinned on my pinterest. Didn't use a pattern just free handed it. I need to figure out a way to stick it on their door. I was thinking of using some velcro. I have only made two ornaments for it so I will wait until I am done to take a picture. I hope they like it!

We've been looking at houses all day. Needless to say, I'm pooped! Put an offer on 1 house--hopefully this will be the one!! It's close by my parents and zoned for an "A" rated elementary school.

Oh and I'm O'ing the weekend too
    Laura (33) DH (37) x 4

I hope you get the house! Sounds great! and yay for O day!

Ohh Rachel, velcro is a great idea. And it's pretty cheap too! I actually don't have any right now I would just send you some. It's always nice to have around too just in case.

Cassandra, what month do you think you'll be moving back? Will you be driving? If you do drive I am 99% sure you would end up driving through Spokane on your way....you should stop by and we could have coffee or something!!

Hooray for O Laura!! Get 'em girl

I have just been sewing like crazy so far today. 8 items down...a ton more to go. I finally got some fabric that I ordered for SIL's Christmas present. I am making her a tote bag with Doctor Who fabric on one side and Sherlock fabric on the other. She asked us for the Avengers for Christmas but DBF told her she'll like what we're planning a lot more (She LOVES Doctor Who and Sherlock).

How is everyone else doing with Christmas presents? How close are you to being done buying?

No I don't chart yet. This is a fairly new journey for us, I was hoping for it to be one of those women who can get pregnant easily. After this over due AF decides to arrive I will try. I need to do some more research on it though. I am a little bit unsure of what I need to do.
    And as far as Christmas shopping... I have all of three things so far... I am so far behind!!

Cassandra, what month do you think you'll be moving back? Will you be driving? If you do drive I am 99% sure you would end up driving through Spokane on your way....you should stop by and we could have coffee or something!!

How is everyone else doing with Christmas presents? How close are you to being done buying?
    We're looking at probably a July move unless we magically get orders before then. Oh and we'll definitely be driving! I love that drive, there's so much to see! And yes, I will totally plan for a pit-stop in Spokane!

As for Christmas shopping, I've made a good dent in it. My dad is getting a photobook of Bella (he gets one every xmas and father's day - its our little tradition) and I also got him a scentsy warmer and some bars. We got my mom a kindle fire, new bathrobe, a scentsy warmer/bars, and some Philosophy stuff. My brother is also getting a scentsy warmer and bars for his new house, some laser etched beer mugs, and a cool buck/doe deer keychain that splits in half for him and his new fiancee. Bella is getting more things than I care to count between everyone. DH is the only one I am a loss for! I am pretty sure he is getting me the wedding band that goes with the engagement ring he had designed for me years ago. We just never got around to buying the band because I love my engagement ring so much!

It has been a fantastic day! DH came home from work with the fantastic news that he received a really awesome (and much needed promotion) that will involve a large raise. This new job will put him in a position to start the management climb and start using his degree he will finish up within May. We soooo needed something good to happen and quick so this is a major blessing. For now DH will be driving 45 minutes but when our lease is up in March we will be moving.

Congratulations on the promotion, Rach!! You must be both so proud. Good job hubby!!

I start my Clomid tonight... The first of my last ever batch... Kind of bittersweet!

I have company coming tomorrow. My house is a DISASTER!! We just got some new living room furniture, but haven't yet gotten rid of our old one, so our itty bitty tiny living room is so squished!! I'm kind of embarrassed... But we made these plans ages ago, but we were going to go to the zoo. Then the rains came, and we had to change plans last minute. So here we are... Tomorrow we'll have two two year olds tearing around my living with like, zero floor space, haha!

Caitlin, charting is a great tool!! You might not need it, but I think every woman should learn her body, and charting is a great way to do it.

Cassandra, I'm jealous!! I've been trying to get up to see Karen, too, but it hasn't happened yet... Wish I could join you lovely ladies!

I am probably about half done with presents... The only one I really care about, though, is Maiya, and she's done. I'm so excited to give her the gifts and can't wait!!!

My house is quite the disaster too. I usually do a decent job of keeping up on housework but here lately not so much. I am the only one who gets bothered by it being a mess. DH doesn't even notice which irritates me so much.

Janet I hope that clomid does its thing! I know you are doing an IUI but do you do the trigger and all that too? Why is it the last round of clomid again? I know some people use femera (not sure if I spelled that right) rather than clomid. Is that a possibility if it doesn't work? I hope you have the perfect cycle with the perfect BFP! Oh and I LOVE that picture of Maiya! You sure do have a photogenic little girlie!

Quote Originally Posted by Krystal5 View Post
    Cassandra, I'm jealous!! I've been trying to get up to see Karen, too, but it hasn't happened yet... Wish I could join you lovely ladies!
    Actually up until May, I only lived an hour and a half away from Karen! My university was just a short drive away!

and YAY, Rach! Still so excited for you guys!

I love seeing everyone's pictures

Congrats to you and your hubby Rachel!! Promotions are awesome especially in these days!

So, I'm kind of in limbo land right now...I should've O'd this week, but I'm not positive I did. I do OPKs and earlier this week I tested with FMU and the test line got just about as dark as the control line...about half the width was as dark as. But I wasn't positive so I tested again that afternoon and it was light again. The next morning with FMU is was dark...but still not sure that it was a positive. Since then it's been light test lines, if any at all. So, I confused and now I don't know if it's passed or hasn't come yet. Grrrrr! I took 100 mg of clomid and my body has always O'd with that. So...just grrrr!

Thanks for letting me ramble!

Congrats to you and your hubby Rachel!! Promotions are awesome especially in these days!

So, I'm kind of in limbo land right now...I should've O'd this week, but I'm not positive I did. I do OPKs and earlier this week I tested with FMU and the test line got just about as dark as the control line...about half the width was as dark as. But I wasn't positive so I tested again that afternoon and it was light again. The next morning with FMU is was dark...but still not sure that it was a positive. Since then it's been light test lines, if any at all. So, I confused and now I don't know if it's passed or hasn't come yet. Grrrrr! I took 100 mg of clomid and my body has always O'd with that. So...just grrrr!

Thanks for letting me ramble!
    Sorry your body is being so confusing. Have you tried charting to pinpoint ovulation?

Actually up until May, I only lived an hour and a half away from Karen! My university was just a short drive away!

and YAY, Rach! Still so excited for you guys!

I love seeing everyone's pictures
    My BIL/SIL are moving to Washington next year so at some point I have to go visit and I think we are all going to have to get together!