Thread: Advice, Opinions

Question Advice, Opinions

Okay I need your opinions on this. Gah! Okay so most know this but I don't O, I have PCOS and found out my Left tube is blocked. I am having surgery the end of March, beginning of April, they are letting me try the 1-2 cycles of Gonal-F injections. I am due for AF on the 19th, they said if I don't start to call in and schedule an ultrasound and if my lining is thin enough they will let me start injections with out needing Provera and starting a whole new cycle. Now I can't go to the RE's during the week, they are an hour away and work won't allow it.

So it's either go on the 19th for the ultrasound even though AF is only due that day and kinda lie and tell them AF was due during the week, say the 16th?

Or do I wait until the 26th and risk my lining being too thick by that point and end up being told to go on Provera then have to wait 2 more weeks and lose my chances of doing 2 cycles before surgery?

If I get preg before surgery they won't do it, which is what I'm hoping just because I don't want to be forced to not only take a week off of work, but use my vacation time on it too.

What do you girls think?

Cait[24] & Gene-Paul[28] Dx with PCOS & Left Tube Blocked Dec. '12
    03/22/13
    Sean Patrick born 3/11/14, 7lbs 13oz

hey cycle buddy!

So I took a look at your chart and it doesn't look like you have Od, so AF isnt due yet and from your history it might not be at all- so I think you call them and say that you still have not Od and AF is not coming any time soon, and then let them check your uterine lining and see if it is thin enough? I think that is probably what they want to do, bc if you had already Od there would be no point in giving you fertility meds this cycle. Basically, I think that you are in the exact situation that they want you to be to assess you for the treatment! I of course have not done this treatment, but from what they told you that is my understanding. I say give them a call and schedule it! I hope this works for you and you don't need surgery!
    STC Since 5/2012
    1/20/13 7/7/13

I figure that if your lining isn't too thick it shouldn't matter when AF "should" arrive
    Karen (28), DF (28), DD (3), DS (2 months)

Beanpop's Fluffy Butt Diapers *GRAND RE-OPENING 3/13*

It is never a good idea to lie to nurses and doctors about your health even if it seems as trivial as this to you! I am a nurse myself and that information is important to them! I do agree with the other ladies though, they may check you out anyway and proceed.... but call and be honest with them! I know its hard and during the TTC time it just takes so long sometimes to get to where you want to be but never hold back health information that could affect the health of you and your future little sweeties! It will work out, best of luck and keep us posted!

Thanks Ladies, I called them today to schedule surgery to clear my tube and asked about it. She said to just wait until the 26th because on the 19th it may be too early and doesn't want me to go all that way only to find out AF is just a few days away or something. So I will just have to wait *long sigh* So frustrating!

Cait[24] & Gene-Paul[28] Dx with PCOS & Left Tube Blocked Dec. '12
    03/22/13
    Sean Patrick born 3/11/14, 7lbs 13oz

Call them back and let then know that you have not ovulated so AF will not be just a few days away from then!

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/m/home.php/3e10a4