Thread: Light spotting and pregnancy?

Court1022 Guest

Default Light spotting and pregnancy?

I am a little concerned. My period is due tomorrow (11/28/12), and I started spotting 5 days ago. When I say spotting I mean not bright red blood, but just pink stuff, which then went straight to brown. Not enough to fill a small panty liner but enough for me to notice. My breast were tender a few days before this happened, so I assumed I was having an early period. However, the cramping got more intense (like my usual mid-period, heavy bleeding stage of my cycle) but I never bled normally. Since then, the spotting has stopped and yet my breast and nipples especially are very tender, I am having hot flashes and no more cramps. Did I have a period? Or could I possibly be pregnant? Also, I am not on any birth control and my boyfriend and I did have unprotected sex throughout the month.

Have you taken a test yet? If not you should since your period is going to be late. You could be having a weird period though.

Sadz Guest

sounds like possible implantation bleeding

It could be an unusual period or you could be pregnant light bleeding can happen in early pregnancy but, its always wise to seek a professional opinion.

I had spotting with both of my pregnancies and AF like cramping with DD2. So could for sure be a pregnancy. You should test- but remember, if it was implantation bleeding, then you may not show positive on a test yet. You can go into the doc for blood work or just keep testing for the next couple of weeks. If I were you, I'd just avoid anything (alcohol, etc) that you aren't supposed to have during pregnancy to be careful until you know.

Good luck!

i would test

Blog Entries

At this point there is no way to know unless you take a test. If your period doesn't show and is late, you can for sure take a test and should get a reliable result. I have routinely spotted and cramped before AF and still got AF. With my son, I spotted and cramped as per usual and was pregnant.
    Jessica (33) and Ryan (33). Madelyn born August 5, 2009; Malachi born December 23, 2010 and Nathaniel born July 19, 2013. Lost a loved baby 02/29/12, 05/14/12 and 07/05/12 all due a serious allergic reaction to fabric softener.
    My Ovulation Chart , My blog about MCAD