Thread: Possibly Pregnant - Need Encouragement

Hybrid View

hopeful85 Guest

Default Possibly Pregnant - Need Encouragement

My husband and I have been trying for about a year now. I had my last normal period Sept 17, 2012 which lasted 4-5 days. My period starts like clockwork 28-30 days for the past 9 years. I had light spotting for a day and a half on both 10.20 and 11.23 but ended very abruptly. I have been taking HPTs since my first missed period and all have come up negative. I also went in for a blood test on 10.30 but also came up negative. I haven't had any increased stress or anything like that. Here are my symptoms:
    -Bloating/gas
    -Increased sense of smell
    -Nausea
    -Breast tenderness (have grown a size in the last month)
    -No regular period
    -Can't sleep on stomach (like I typically do)
    -Food cravings (in particular peanut butter which I'm typically not fond of)
    -Food aversions (normally can drink 2-3 glasses of wine, but am throwing up after 1/2 glass)

I really hope that I'm pregnant, but the tests keep coming up negative. I'm hoping there's someone out there who has had similar circumstances and found out at 11-12 weeks that they were pregnant. I've seen a few out there that are at 6 weeks. I'm keeping my hopes up that we are but I'm feeling a bit discouraged by the negative HPTs and blood test.

Thanks!

Honestly, I'd head into the doc to get another blood test done - it's been an entire month since the last one now. Sure seems like you could be pregnant with the signs you've got. There have been lots of posts on here about people not showing on HPTs until 3-4 months along. The test on 10.30 could have still been too early, or maybe you've gotten pregnant since then. Did they say if there was no HCG in your system, or just that it was negative? It has to hit a certain level to be considered a positive.

Best of luck!

It took us 9 months with DD1 and I know it's frustrating! Are you doing BBT or OPKs? I had to do both to get pregnant with both my DDs. The first time took 9 months, the second only took 2!

hopeful85 Guest

Thanks for the feedback BabyLove. We weren't trying-trying, more just leaving life up to chance. I have an appointment on Monday, hoping to have a better idea then. I read a lot about women who it doesn't show up until 6-8 weeks but I'm going on 10 weeks now and am getting anxious. I want to be pregnant, and am afraid I'm not going to get the result I'd like. I also want to know why I am having these symptoms. Keeping my fingers crossed for Monday!

Thanks again!

Good luck sweetie!

I agree, it's possible that you tested too early and I would definitely try again. If it's negative again, I would suggest going to see your Dr to determine if there is another reason why you're having these symptoms.

Good luck!
    ~Jenn~ Mom to Ethan - my heart surgery survivor - born 6/29/09

Quote Originally Posted by bzjenn View Post
    I agree, it's possible that you tested too early and I would definitely try again. If it's negative again, I would suggest going to see your Dr to determine if there is another reason why you're having these symptoms.

Good luck!
    This!