Thread: am i pregnant?

Default am i pregnant?

Hello my names Megan. The first thing I have to tell you is I probably have three periods a year so I had the first one in about three or four months in october. My husband and I had sex and now it's been a month since my period and my breast hurt my stomach bothers me when I eat and I usually don't eat sweets but I want sugar all the time. Do I think I'm pregnant?

Blog Entries

If you are ovulating so infrequently (or perhaps not at all) it is very unlikely that you are pregnant but not impossible. If you would like to TTC I would see a doctor to try and help you ovulate regularly.
    Jessica (33) and Ryan (33). Madelyn born August 5, 2009; Malachi born December 23, 2010 and Nathaniel born July 19, 2013. Lost a loved baby 02/29/12, 05/14/12 and 07/05/12 all due a serious allergic reaction to fabric softener.
    My Ovulation Chart , My blog about MCAD

Default ovulation

I have heard doctors and I have read that a period isn't required to ovulate

Blog Entries

Yes you are right but just because you got a period doesn't mean that you ovulated either. You can have a period without ovulating which is most likely what is going on with you in my (non-medical) opinion. So, like I said, if you want to get pregnant I think that you need medical help.
    Jessica (33) and Ryan (33). Madelyn born August 5, 2009; Malachi born December 23, 2010 and Nathaniel born July 19, 2013. Lost a loved baby 02/29/12, 05/14/12 and 07/05/12 all due a serious allergic reaction to fabric softener.

Default thanks

I appreciate the advice but respectfully I decline. I don't belief that altering my hormones through drugs is a good idea. That is my opinion. If I'm ment to have a child it will happen again thank you for the help.

Blog Entries

Good luck then. You could take a test every so often but the symptoms you are describing could also be pre AF signs. I do hope that you are pregnant, though. You can certainly test now and about every two weeks if AF doesn't show.

What is AF

AF = your period. And I completely agree with PP. When I have had long cycles they have always been non-ovulatory. Good luck to you.
    Me (40) DH (47) & furbabies * m/c 7/08 4/12 11/12

You can go to the Dr to see what's going on without having to take hormones. Drs can tell you if you're ovulating, and advise you on what to do, but they aren't going to force you to take any sort of meds. Wouldn't it make sense to see if it's even possible for you to get pregnant rather than wondering and worrying? Also, there are plenty of natural treatments to help you if you wish to boost your chances of conception. You can learn a lot if you join the TTC room here. The ladies there were very helpful when I was trying, and even suggested an herbal tea which eventually helped us conceive.

Last edited by ootus973; 11-27-2012 at 05:27 AM.
    Augusta (38), Jeff (33), and 3 rescued fur-babies Chancey the boxer mix(10), Tuck the malamute (2), and Jake the kitty who thinks he's a dog (1 year old!)